Darkmoon Daily

85 Blood Elf Warlock
I am having trouble with the monkey on the Darkmoon Fair daily and was wondering if anyone else was having the issue. The monkey stuns my pet, then he keeps going, and going, and going-my pet never gets a turn.
Is anyone else having this issue at all?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Anubisath Idol + FFF works fine on this Pet Tamer. If you have a problem you can try any pet with Arcane Storm to prevent stun. And yes, it's known bug.
Edited by Kiamato on 2/4/2013 3:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Happened to me this morning. I had 2 pets at full life and one at 1/3 health after taking down his first two and the monkey then killed all of them and had about 300 life left. He seemed to never run out of turns, particularly after stunning one of my pets. I swapped out my turtle for my gnome and my clockwork gnome died without ever getting a turn to do anything.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
i've also had issues, but stopped having them when i changed to this lineup:
mechanical pandaren dragonling (vs eye)
phoenix hatchling or some conflag elemental (vs tonk)
fluxfire feline (vs monkey)

let your elemental take the first hit from the monkey, soak the stun, then swap in the fluxfire. seems to not bug out when you do that.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
I haven't had any issues with this fight yet (2x's). Use a mechanical against the monkey and you will probably find it easier (if you aren't already). I use my Robo-chick.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Always swap when it does the stun, never pass. If you pass it wonks up the turn system so you get hit 4 times before you get your next turn back.

Arcane winds unfortunately doesn't block the stun. Or if it does, it's really picky about whether or not it actually does it.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
02/04/2013 06:38 AMPosted by Heysugar
Happened to me this morning. I had 2 pets at full life and one at 1/3 health after taking down his first two and the monkey then killed all of them and had about 300 life left. He seemed to never run out of turns, particularly after stunning one of my pets. I swapped out my turtle for my gnome and my clockwork gnome died without ever getting a turn to do anything.

Swapping your turtle out was a mistake. You should have left it in to do whatever damage it could do before dying so you didn't miss a turn on the swap. That way Gnome would have taken one less hit and perhaps survived to do something useful.

Also, be very careful about pressing the pass button. Pressing it unnecessarily can make the game bug out and skip your turn.

At the moment I'm using Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling and Lumpy to 2v3 this tamer and use him for levelling.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Always swap when it does the stun, never pass. If you pass it wonks up the turn system so you get hit 4 times before you get your next turn back.

Arcane winds unfortunately doesn't block the stun. Or if it does, it's really picky about whether or not it actually does it.

I pass, and always have, just fine.

If you're able to swap for it, then you should be fine to pass, since from my understanding the bug is due to you passing with only one pet remaining. If you get to it with 2 or 3 pets left, it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock

If you're able to swap for it, then you should be fine to pass, since from my understanding the bug is due to you passing with only one pet remaining. If you get to it with 2 or 3 pets left, it shouldn't be a problem.

The few times I would do it, even with another pet alive, it would skip my next 2 turns. It happened to my guildmate last night, as well. Now I just don't even take the risk and swap regardless.
Edited by Alona on 2/4/2013 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Its a bug I think that happens when you decide to pass while your pet is stunned. I have never had it happen in any other fight besides this one against that damn monkey! But yea like the other people are saying, just swap when you get stunned.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/04/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Bojanglin
Its a bug I think that happens when you decide to pass while your pet is stunned. I have never had it happen in any other fight besides this one against that damn monkey! But yea like the other people are saying, just swap when you get stunned.

Just be patient, and hit pass once unless it is your final pet (if it is, do nothing). It will not bug. It will only do so if it is the only pet you have alive and you hit pass (which is why the pass option will be greyed out in 5.2 in that sort of situation).
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I can beat him easily with one of two different strats and have done a basic guide on how I did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF-GsOrRF7w
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Best thing to have happen is have your second pet (not the one you use for the Monkey) to have enough health to absorb the initial stun when the monkey joins the fight, swap out for your mechanical, and then start the fight on your terms.
Reply Quote
39 Orc Warlock
Against the Darkmoon Trainer, I use a Fel Flame, Onyxian Whelp, and Clockwork Rocketbot. the Whelp and Flame can usually wipe out the Eye and Tonk - but they get beat up and/or killed along the way. The trick, for me, has been to have at least my second pet survive the first two fights and then let that weakened, nearly dead pet eat the Monkey's stun and apply a dot or debuff to the Monkey. When I bring my Rocketbot in, he can usually beat the Monkey before the Monkey's stun is back up.

This is not a great strategy - I know that. I see a lot of posts where people can win with two and work in a third pet to level. Sometimes, this comp has mopped the floor with the Darkmoon Trainer - I haven't needed the third pet. Other times, well, that Monkey is a monster.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have no issues with this tamer (see the video above); and in general can feild a variety of teams to beat it. The most obvious is a stright counter such as an elemetal, dragon and mech to counter all of his pets. As long as they are rares at level 25 you will have 0 issues.

If you have a pet with thunder storm, that pet + the clock work gnome or a dotter will absolutely destroy him.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

No, the bug is if you hit pass again after hitting pass the first time to trigger the pass. You should -never- be able to pass during "actions" part of the round where the animations are going because that is what caused the bug back in 5.0.4 too. They fixed it mostly in 5.1 but forgot to account for situations where you are stunned and cannot do an action.

If you push pass 20 times during your opponent's turn, you will forfeit 19 additional rounds.

It has nothing to do with how many pets you have alive, actually.
Reply Quote
I had a fair few goes at this guy because I was not yet 25 but eventually got him, check out the video :) (It was very close) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ykFrcX4Ho
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]