LFR FTW

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Wanted to drop a quick "Thank You" to the game developers for adding another level to raiding with LFR.

With teenage kids, full time jobs, a home to upkeep, friends to see and you know... life, my wife and I haven't had time these past few years to raid. We skipped the last half of Cataclysm and since we've returned for MoP we had avoided raiding. We didn't want to commit to showing up on certain nights, sitting for hours at a time, waiting through strategy discussions and afk's and everything that comes with dedicated raiding.

Finally decided to queue for LFR and we HAD A BLAST. It was nice to see the raid content (nice to hit in the top 5 dmg meters on a boss) and get some gear. All fun, no fuss.

We'll be adding some time each weekend for a few quick LFR's, it's a nice happy medium for former hardcore raiders that actually have a life. :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I've been enjoying LFR too. It's nice to go in, fight some big battles, and then be done.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I agree, LFR is a blast if you can't make a dedicated schedule.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I love LFR as well. I never saw many bosses from previous expansions until years later when I was 5 levels or more above them. LFR allows me to experience the fantastic boss fights and at my leisure. The bosses are easy, and I'm a guy who likes challenge so it's not perfect, but it's better than never seeing the bosses at all.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I like the concept, but hate the forced implementation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/04/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Asane

Please explain, I really have no idea what you are talking about.

If anything, the LFR experience gave my wife and I a new freedom to experience boss fights, meet new people and acquire gear without investing huge amounts of time.

Kinda wish they'd done this years ago.

Maybe I'm missing your point entirely?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/04/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Khast

Please explain, I really have no idea what you are talking about.

If anything, the LFR experience gave my wife and I a new freedom to experience boss fights, meet new people and acquire gear without investing huge amounts of time.

Kinda wish they'd done this years ago.

Maybe I'm missing your point entirely?

His point is probably that, while LFR is a fantastic medium for players like you, it comes across as a chore and a burden for people who are primarily interested in the more serious raids, because it does offer potential gear upgrades and thus people who will pursue every possible edge feel forced to run it.

That's my guess at least.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/04/2013 01:42 PMPosted by Tendays
His point is probably that, while LFR is a fantastic medium for players like you, it comes across as a chore and a burden for people who are primarily interested in the more serious raids, because it does offer potential gear upgrades and thus people who will pursue every possible edge feel forced to run it.

Close enough.

Not to mention they're now balancing the game around it, and inflation has hit a ridiculous point, which left unchecked is going to be very painful to watch.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Wouldn't be surprised if patch 5.2 adjusts the combat rating multipliers
Reply Quote
Another LFR loving subscriber here, I believe I would have stopped playing WoW if not for LFR. I can't afford the time and schedule to play the normal/heroic raids.

Plus, I like trying out different classes/races/factions and not just focus on one toon for raiding. I run them all through LFR everyweek for variety.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Still loving LFR, however I ran across a small problem last night.

I had 90 minutes to play, so I queue up for LFR. 25 minute wait, no problem.

24 minutes later the queue pops, 2/3 bosses down, ok... I go ahead and join. Something's better than nothing, right?

But I can't zone in, the raid is already fighting the last boss. So I leave the raid and oops! 30 MINUTE DESERTER.

30 minutes later I queue again and... 25 minute wait. I ended up staying up late :) but that's kinda frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/06/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Danjiri
Overall, I'd say LFR is probably the best thing that happened to WoW in a long time. I think many of the haters are just not thinking of the overall health of WoW!

Most of the haters believe that LFR has severely damaged the health of the raiding community and thus endgame PVE as a whole, so it's not as though they're failing to consider it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]