I made a starter account to ask this

13 Night Elf Druid
So I tried to start playing WoW again, but I was going to start playing at a friends house, so blizzard being blizzard made me have to reset my password for suspicious behavior. Now heres where it starts to get weird, my yahoo account was hacked 3 months ago and it keeps sending a password changing email there. I cant access it. If there's any way I could change my email, it would be great. (I can answer my security questions if necessary and I plan to buy time on it once i get to use it again)
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
Submit a ticket via the support link at the top of this page.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/04/2013 05:36 PMPosted by Matthebest
So I tried to start playing WoW again, but I was going to start playing at a friends house, so blizzard being blizzard made me have to reset my password for suspicious behavior.

Do you mean Blizzard, being a gaming company that is concerned with the security of their customers and although account security rests primarily in the hands of the registered user of the account is "being Blizzard" by implementing security protocols to help ensure that said account becomes locked when activity on it appears to be out of the ordinary as to prevent damage that would cause far greater inconvenience and loss... yes, we are Blizzard being Blizzard. :)

Now, I understand your frustration, Matt. In truth, if your email address was compromised 3 months ago, it may have been far easier to recover and secure it at the time or simply changed the address associated with your Battle.net account. You are able to change the email address if you can answer the Security Question/Answer and log in but unfortunately that is not an option once it is locked.

If there's any way I could change my email, it would be great. (I can answer my security questions if necessary and I plan to buy time on it once i get to use it again)

Since the account itself is locked you won't be able to change the email address associated with it without being able to log in. At this point it would be best to contact our Billing and Account Services department directly. I would start, as Jilixx recommended, on our Support Site. You may need to call once they are open in the morning. Good luck.
Reply Quote
13 Night Elf Druid
Thanks and I didnt mean "blizzard being blizzard" like that xD It wasn't supposed to be a bad thing
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/04/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Matthebest
It wasn't supposed to be a bad thing

That was my assumption as well, I was clarifying what it could mean in the most positive way. :D
Reply Quote
20 Undead Priest
Can trial accounts even purchase authenticators?
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Mage
02/05/2013 09:42 AMPosted by Taxedtodeath
Can trial accounts even purchase authenticators?

Authenticators don't protect individual wow accounts. They protect an entire Battle.net account which could have several different games on it as well as paid or starter WoW accounts.

So short answer, yep, any battle.net account can have an authenticator on it ;)
Reply Quote
20 Undead Priest
Sweetnessssssssssssss
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]