User Friendly Tank Class?

90 Worgen Priest
Just as the subject says, which would be the 'easiest' tank class to learn? I've spent most of my WoW career as a Resto Shaman, switched it up and leveled a Disc Priest about a month ago, but to be honest healing has gotten to be a bit meh. Not that it isn't fun, it is.

I figured I'd start with a Warrior, but the best tanks I have personally come across are Blood DK's. This is just me, but as a healer I always get a little chubby when I Pug with an intelligent DK.

I havent done any real healing in MoP. Just a few Dungeons here and there as I just recently came back from an extended hiatus.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I wish there was a thread possibly on the front page that asked what the best tank spec was.

Paladins are probably the LEAST Involved when tanking, but they are also kinda boring to play as well
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
/drink
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I tried playing a Paladin once and I was bored out of my mind. What I suppose I am really asking is what has the easiest learning curve? I don't want to be the cause of endless wipes haha.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
/drink
Oh wait, it's empty...
/cracks open new bottle

Try a Warrior, with rage normalization they are leaps and bounds easier than they used to be. Having agro troubles? Revenge, TClap, Taunt, or Charge to regain it. It only gets easier as you level up.

Edit: Added Revenge.
Edited by Daitsu on 2/4/2013 7:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Warriors have omg a lot of buttons for tanking.

Druids have fewer active mitigation buttons....but a bunch of dmg buttons and all the druid utility buttons.

Monks have omg a lot of buttons for tanking, but less buttons overall because they don't have 4 previous releases of baggage they carry around.

I say pallys or DKs, I hear that DKs are easy to learn but difficult to master but I don't play one.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The Paladin will be the easiest to learn from scratch. You learn the most important abilities as a very steady pace and it forces you to learn how to use each ability to the fullest. Also there management system is very easy.

Warriors will intimidate you. Start with a Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have posted this somewhere before:

Play whichever tank class appeals to YOU the most. Because to YOU it will also be the easiest one to play.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For clarification, he's not asking which is the best tank class, he's just asking which will be the easiest to learn. He realizes they're all capable.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Did you want to learn the lazy way (in which case DKs can get by with a /castrandom macro) or did you want to learn the right way? Because it does boil down to which one you like best if you care to learn your tanking class properly.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
dk is the easiest to tank class by a mile.

Timing your stuff correctly is tough when min maxing, but you'll get by really easily by just being that guy who spams deathstrike.
Edited by Postonforums on 2/5/2013 3:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Timing your stuff correctly is tough when min maxing, but you'll get by really easily by just being that guy who spams deathstrike.

THE DPS DK HAS SPOKEN.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
ITT and every thread like it: opinions.

I think most people will generally agree that prot paladins have a very easy learning curve. You spam HotR and consecration... you don't even get SotR until like 40, so until then, you always have 3 HP to use on a WoG if you find yourself low on health.

OP has, however, already said that he doesn't like paladins.

So my answer is this: I think that every tank class is pretty easy to learn as long as you tank enough while you're leveling. You read the tooltips of abilities as you gain them, you spend 15 minutes going through the forum stickies, and you learn stuff like positioning through trial and error.

It really is that easy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior

THE DPS DK HAS SPOKEN.

U WOT M8
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/05/2013 06:52 AMPosted by Peekochu
THE DPS DK HAS SPOKEN.

the DPS DK who has Tanked every single encounter bar 2 heroics has spoken.
Edited by Postonforums on 2/5/2013 8:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Learning how to tank in general is easy.

Learning every boss fight in a dungeon is hard. And getting a group in a PUG that will let you learn and not think that because your level 80somthing that you should already have done this instance 1000 times. That is the challange.

I leveled a prot warrior from level 1 to 85. @ level 85 I tried to start tanking instances. And since it was my first time and I didnt know the boss fight 100% ( even though I had looked it up and read about it ) then I am the DumbA.

So in my option, the hardest thing about being a tank is getting the time to learn the fights.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I wish there was a thread possibly on the front page that asked what the best tank spec was.

Paladins are probably the LEAST Involved when tanking, but they are also kinda boring to play as well

I'd actually say warrior, then pally, druid (just because you have to know a few tricks), dk, then monk (to do really well, you can be an average monk and only need 3 buttons.)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Warriors have a ton of buttons to press. If you roll a warrior I suggest tanking as much as possible as you level. There are lots of abilites to add into your playstyle.

Mobility has got to be the funnest thing I have experienced in any toon so far. My other toon is a disc priest as well, and if you can manage all of the cooldowns and abilities of a disc priest I wouldn't worry about learning any tank.

Goodluck!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

THE DPS DK HAS SPOKEN.

U WOT M8

Go back to Pet Battles, Schwert. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]