Brawler's Guild: Battletron

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Has any DK been able to beat him? I can manage the mines he throws out, but that beam he keeps shooting slowly chips at my health, and my healing ablities can't keep up with it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have personally, and I saw another one do it pretty recently. It's a heal / dps balance fight. You need to give up some damage to provide sufficient heals (most do it via death siphon) but not enough that you fail the enrage timer.

He's definitely hard though. Just find the right balance for you and keep at it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Is it better to DW or 2hand him? I do also have fully upgreaded Sha swords.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I think it's easier for dw frost to do it as the death siphon heal won't mess with the rune rotation too much.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
If I am not mistaken you need 80k average DPS throughout the fight. I am not sure how to acomplish this without "real" as I seem to only do 65k and my gear is about as good as you get using LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I did it as 2h Frost using AMS and Lichborne. It was easy, just need to time the second AMS right, and make sure you use that Runic Power on Death Coils.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/04/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Sarîa
Is it better to DW or 2hand him? I do also have fully upgreaded Sha swords.

DW, because death siphon scales with our mastery. I did it as 2H with mastery reforged / regemmed off pieces.

02/06/2013 05:34 AMPosted by Sorro
If I am not mistaken you need 80k average DPS throughout the fight. I am not sure how to acomplish this without "real" as I seem to only do 65k and my gear is about as good as you get using LFR.

Buff groups, food, flasks, double pot, army, use empower rune weapon when most (or all) of your resources are spent. Time second pillar with second strength potion. Remember to soul reaper.

80k is pretty easily reachable. I was in 482-ish gear when I did it and still managed 120k or so on earlier fights.

Hell, I got Battletron to 30% or so giving it a go in my blood spec.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I am a bit confused, two of you were 2H frost but you reformed/gemmed mastery to use death siphon? I don't have good 1h weapons but have upgraded 2h. If I'm going 2h frost for this fight specifically, how should I reforge/gem to max self healing and DPS. So far I'm either doing good DPS and dying or doing poor DPS and hitting enrage. My normal spec is blood, I level 487...have 2 set bonus of DPS set. Welcome any input because this is frustrating me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I was 2H because I didn't have any one handers. DW would be preferable as it makes greater use of mastery.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
So you used 2hander, stacked mastery, and used DW rotation/priority?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
No, not really. I substituted in mastery off pieces because you don't really need a lot of expertise for battletron (he constantly casts) and to make death siphon deal more damage as you're forced to use it quite a bit. I didn't give up much (if any) haste or strength and still prioritized obliterate on KM.

Also, as a note, warlock healthstones are incredibly useful in that fight. And properly timing AMS on mine detonations is crucial.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]