Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts

90 Gnome Death Knight
There is alot of evidence showing that no one has got the mount yet, and no definitive proof that someone has actually looted it. Gonna keep a close eye on this thread.
Posting to keep an eye on the thread. Be curious to know if it isn't droppable.
90 Worgen Druid
02/05/2013 09:27 PMPosted by Lichkilla
not for me, i've had every piece of gear he has had to offer since the first month. i've ony been killing sha and using elder coins for the mount. i'ma need some of those coins back for sure.

I'm not saying they'd say that because you need the loot. I'm saying there's no way to for them to prove who and how many were using their charms specifically for mounts so I don't see us getting any back.
55 Gnome Death Knight
Anyone remember the old Rivendare mount with the .01% drop rate until the upped it to 1%? Used to be extremely rare. On my old "full" pop server, only one person had the mount after 2 years of the game being out.

Onyxia also used to be only .1%, very few on each server after years of it existing until they upped the drop rate in MoP (now they're everywhere)

But I'm guessing the sha/galleon mounts are similar to the deathcharger with drop rate (around .01%) which is absurdly low and may take a long time for one to pop up. After awhile, they may decide to up the droprate.
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
02/05/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Bladestorm
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure I did see someone fly pass me in Vale with the Heavenly Onyx mount, because I went to wowhead it immediately after that. Yes, this is Frostmourne server I'm talking about.
Probably the normal Onyx mount, not the heavenly.

That's what I thought, but since what I saw resembled that cloud serpent you kill at the pandaren starting area, with that white lighting, which was why I looked it up.
90 Worgen Druid
02/05/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Lichkilla
yeah your right sibernice. i wasnt arguing, i was just venting.

Oh trust me, I'm not happy about it either. Luckily those coins will be worthless soon-ish? :P
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone remember the old Rivendare mount with the .01% drop rate until the upped it to 1%? Used to be extremely rare. On my old "full" pop server, only one person had the mount after 2 years of the game being out.

Onyxia also used to be only .1%, very few on each server after years of it existing until they upped the drop rate in MoP (now they're everywhere)

But I'm guessing the sha/galleon mounts are similar to the deathcharger with drop rate (around .01%) which is absurdly low and may take a long time for one to pop up. After awhile, they may decide to up the droprate.

Even with a .01% drop rate, we should have seen them by now. A friend of mine recently decided to farm for Rivendare's Deathcharger. Took him close to 500 kills. Sha has at least 200,000 loots across all regions and servers, and no one has seen one.
90 Worgen Druid
02/05/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Lichkilla
lol i can also just imagine blizzard never owning up to this. no response or info in patch notes. just next week, we'll start seeing this mount drop all the time.

Hah, I can see that happening as well. It would definitely not surprise me. I'd love an official statement, though.
100 Night Elf Druid
When people say they've seen Galleon's mount in Halfhill, I am certain it is this: Oddly-Shaped Horn
http://www.wowhead.com/item=89682
It puts you on a lizard that looks exactly the same as the mount, except that it runs a lot faster, you can't stop it, and it's hard to steer. It only lasts a couple seconds.

The Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent is a reward from getting exalted with the Shado-Pan, meaning you also need revered with the Golden Lotus. And in order to be able to ride it, you need exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent. But even then, people who get it might not use it. It's uncommon enough to make someone who doesn't know about it think that it's rare and hard to get.
Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent is the one that nobody has.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=87771
Edited by Starkwen on 2/5/2013 9:59 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/05/2013 09:41 PMPosted by Cerylidae
Sha has at least 200,000 loots across all regions and servers, and no one has seen one.
I posted some math a few pages back, if on average sha died 2x a day on every server (which is a low death count even for a low pop realm). There are 280,000~ chances at the mount being obtained per week. So it is indeed very odd that nobody seems to have it yet.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SO. Just looked myself up on GuildOx. My profile hasn't been updated in 21 days. Theoretically, I could've received the mounts in those 21 days. Accurate information, huh?

So you can continue to say I'm not reading your OP, or your point is accurate because you say so and have no concrete evidence to back you up (which was just proven), but the fact of the matter here is that your theory got disproved and you're upset because you thought you pulled one over on Blizzard.

Mine was "Last Updated 9 hours ago" but my priest was updated 4 days ago, I imagine is depends on any major change on the character.

I have hardly logged on or received new gear on that character so there's not much to update.
90 Worgen Druid
Mine was "Last Updated 9 hours ago" but my priest was updated 4 days ago, I imagine is depends on any major change on the character.

I have hardly logged on or received new gear on that character so there's not much to update.

Doesn't matter, as has been stated it doesn't go off personal updates. It pulls everyone's mounts from the armory always.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]