Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts

90 Night Elf Druid
As more and more people see this thread, they're going to start talking about it in the game. They'll ask for anyone who has it to mount up on it. The ones with the regular Onyx one will get called out fast. But no one will have it, and the word will spread that it doesn't drop.
My theory is that we'll start seeing a bunch of these mounts... after the next maintenance day.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
As more and more people see this thread, they're going to start talking about it in the game. They'll ask for anyone who has it to mount up on it. The ones with the regular Onyx one will get called out fast. But no one will have it, and the word will spread that it doesn't drop.
My theory is that we'll start seeing a bunch of these mounts... after the next maintenance day.

yeah I already put out the call on my servers waiting to see if anyone responds
10 Troll Warlock
02/06/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Babelon
Shouldn't we include blingtron?
The only mount so far that Blingtron has been known to drop is the Mechanohog. Which has been seen. And it has another source anyway.

Sha is supposedly the only source for this mount. And interestingly since they added sources back in mount pages the page for this mount does not include where it comes from. None of the Heavenly Cloud Serpents do except for the red one from the glory achievement. Neither does Son of Galleon.

Before MoP I've only seen the Armory list one mount that simply wasn't in game ever. It was a 60% blue quality Brewfest Kodo, and the entry went away within a week or so. Then MoP comes out and shows us listings for mounts that never made it out of beta or were never actually in game ever. It's possible that like the Jungle Riding Crane the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent has never existed in game as a mount and does not exist in game at this time. And like the Bengal Tiger may never exist at all outside of model changers.

Has Blizzard themselves ever said either the Sha or Galleon mounts even exist or is it just from third party sites?
Edited by Advicetroll on 2/6/2013 11:56 AM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/06/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Advicetroll
Has Blizzard themselves ever said either the Sha or Galleon mounts even exist or is it just from third party sites?
They are in the dungeon journal.
90 Troll Priest
Has anyone who actually HAS the mount posted yet?
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Has anyone who actually HAS the mount posted yet?

Not yet.
10 Troll Warlock
02/06/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Bladestorm
They are in the dungeon journal.
Yeah, there they are. Son of Galleon's model is different there from the one shown on the armory.
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/06/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Divergent
Make sure to remake the thread, OP.
If someone doesn't beat me to it, sure. Hopefully it doesn't hit post cap while I am at work.
90 Troll Death Knight
I really expected someone to provide proof by now...

It's hard to imagine that the mount drops have been bugged this far into release...well, Galleon might not be bugged; he just never seems to be up. I don't think I've seen him up even once since the first week of MoP.

I'm also very surprised Blizzard hasn't commented on this yet, even if it's just to deny these claims and say everything is working as intended (while they quietly tweak some code and sneak in a hotfix).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the Galleon issue is because his timer was pretty long, the sha on the other hand is every 15 min over the course of time since mop dropped there should have been at least a few mounts show up.
90 Worgen Mage
It is interesting that the devs said they like the current low drop rates for Galleon and Sha, but I guess they don't know it's bugged and were speaking from a design intent perspective.
Edited by Digerati on 2/6/2013 12:24 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
low and non existent are different things, hope blizz devs can see that.
I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I'm supprised that no one has come up with proof of the mounts dropping yet. This is rather upsetting :(

As for the lack of a Blizzard response - I've seen them say in other threads that if they don't have an answer, they simply won't respond (yet). At this point I think we at least want them to acknowledge this thread and that there is a problem..
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Even if we can find one person, just one person with the mount...that'll be enough to prove to me it isn't broken.

I'm looking at you Korea.
90 Worgen Hunter
It could be possible that the mounts are on the loot table, however because of the way the loot gets distributed to individual people bugged out for the world bosses. The mounts are on the dungeon journal loot table, maybe something is just broken.
Edited by Mantucket on 2/6/2013 12:33 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For what it's worth, OP, it might benefit this thread greatly to remove "Blizzard" from the title. I hear they tend to ignore demands for responses.
90 Pandaren Mage
I don't mind a 0,000001% drop, but 0 in the world after months is stupid.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]