Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts

55 Night Elf Death Knight
I think I'll stop wasting my coins on them for now.
90 Undead Warlock
02/05/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Bladestorm
and another guy with the Astral Cloud Serpent.
I know the astral serpent is in game, multiple people on my realm have it too. The Sha mount is called the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent.

There's a guy on my server with the Galleon mount

Edit: If you are going to claim you have seen the mount please link an armory as proof or your comment will be considered trolling, or misinformed.

Oh noes, I'm considered a troll guess what....don't care. I've seen the ground mount that Galleon drops, on my server. And yes, I'm aware the Astral Cloud serpent drops off Elegon, and not Sha. I was merely pointing out that I've seen 2 of the rare pandarian mounts. Believe it, or not. I'm not losing sleep over it.
90 Pandaren Monk
I'll still most likely use my coins for the nice pieces of gear (I still don't have full 4pc.) However, I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, and help keep it afloat. If we can get one ACTUAL verification on either of these, I think it would make everyone feel a bit better.
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/05/2013 04:04 AMPosted by Bladestorm
Wowhead says 1 of 2147? So that's something I guess...
That data is from the PTR before mop was even released. It's looted more than 2000 times per week on my server alone, let alone the other 500+ wow servers across all regions.

If you do the math and could kill Sha the INSTANT he spawned you could only kill him 672 times a week on each server. That doesnt include putting a group together or actually fighting him. There are also not 500 wow servers. There are somewhere in the mid 200's last I checked. This is why the other guy told you that you are outright lying and why what you say cant be trusted.

That aside I personally have never seen either of the mounts on any of the 5 realms I play on.
90 Pandaren Monk
02/05/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Vipvip
That data is from the PTR before mop was even released. It's looted more than 2000 times per week on my server alone, let alone the other 500+ wow servers across all regions.

If you do the math and could kill Sha the INSTANT he spawned you could only kill him 672 times a week on each server. That doesnt include putting a group together or actually fighting him. There are also not 500 wow servers. There are somewhere in the mid 200's last I checked. This is why the other guy told you that you are outright lying and why what you say cant be trusted.

That aside I personally have never seen either of the mounts on any of the 5 realms I play on.

While there are a lot of unverifiable numbers flying around, we have one bit of evidence that still needs to show up. If ONE person could see this thread and get us an armory link, I think everything would die down. I can agree, the OP is off with numbers, but there still is no sign of the mount.
90 Undead Warlock
I agree that they need to up the drop rate on the mounts.

The chance of getting loot is digustingly low, and the chance for a mount is low on top of that. Then there's Galleon's rarity. RNG is fine, but it's RNG on top of RNG (on top of RNG for Galleon). I have not seen either mount on my realm, nor the Elegon mount.

I think GuildOx is a !@#$ty resource to use as a reference for stuff like this though.
Edited by Gothitelle on 2/5/2013 10:14 AM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
There are somewhere in the mid 200's last I checked.
There is 241 US realms and 263 EU realms. I don't know how many Asian realms there are, I would assume 50+ at least. So it's actually quite a bit above 500, 500 was simply an estimate.

This is why the other guy told you that you are outright lying and why what you say cant be trusted.
No, he said I was a liar because he miss-interpreted what I wrote; he thought I suggested my realm alone sha dies 2000+ times a week, what I actually ment was that over 2000 players kill him a week.
Edited by Bladestorm on 2/5/2013 10:16 AM PST

He explained somewhere in this thread that it states looted more than 2000 times, not killed. You can have 40 people in the raid so 1 kill could equal 40 different loots with the way the loot system works for that fight.
98 Troll Rogue
So like, anybody actually have either of these? Kinda wanna see the puddin' and its proof.
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/05/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Brokenstar
I don't even exist on GuildOx.

Time travel works like that..

so..that means youre from the future..
98 Worgen Mage
Never seen either on Sargeras, top 3 in Alliance pop. Something is definitely up. (and it's probably not Galleon)
Edited by Digerati on 2/5/2013 10:21 AM PST

If you do the math and could kill Sha the INSTANT he spawned you could only kill him 672 times a week on each server. That doesnt include putting a group together or actually fighting him. There are also not 500 wow servers. There are somewhere in the mid 200's last I checked.

Max number of rolls per week is (4/hr)*24hrs/day*7days/wk*40players/kill*2(for the charm)*250 servers = 13 million chances per week.

edit: I forgot you can have more than 40 players per kill. I guess the max number of rolls per week is the entire wow population of 85-90 characters x2.
Edited by Indrik on 2/5/2013 11:04 AM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/05/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Digerati
Something is definitely up. (and it's probably not Galleon)
I laughed.
90 Gnome Warlock
So...
Your one source is a website in which you have to register to, in order to be counted in it?
...HAH!
That is rich!
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
well here's a video of some dude riding on one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBk2YW6WlOA
90 Pandaren Monk

Problem is we don't know how reliable this video is. We can't use armory to look up the person in the video because we cannot see their name. The person who linked the video repeatedly claims it is not their account, they just saw a person on it.

Edit cuz I can't type sometimes...
Edited by Femoxus on 2/5/2013 10:27 AM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
So...
Your one source is a website in which you have to register to, in order to be counted in it?
...HAH!
That is rich!

In case you are not aware guildox scans the armory and gets EVERYONES armory details using blizzards official API. This includes hk's, mounts, achievements etc. It scans US, EU and Asian realms. Literally nobody in wow has seen this mount, Blizzard.

-

02/05/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Bladestorm
Unfortunately there are a few programs out there that can change the look of your mounts, armor etc (for you, but not other people) So screenshots/videos aren't really "evidence" per se unless the author posts their armory :/
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Problem is we don't know how reliable this video is. We can't use armory to look up the person in the video because we cannot see their name. The person who linked the video repeatedly claims it is not there account, they just saw a person on it.

Sheesh, just because it's rare doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's in the dungeon journal even. It's just that rare, I guess
100 Human Death Knight
I would likes to see a nice 1% drop rate (2% if you use it with the charm)

It isn't dependent on anyone else and their rolls. Essentially, everyone who is loot eligible could win it.
90 Pandaren Monk
02/05/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Shiá
Problem is we don't know how reliable this video is. We can't use armory to look up the person in the video because we cannot see their name. The person who linked the video repeatedly claims it is not there account, they just saw a person on it.

Sheesh, just because it's rare doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's in the dungeon journal even. It's just that rare, I guess

I get that it could be THAT rare. However, I have never, in all my years on this game, seen a rare mount put in that didn't show up somewhere within the first few months. Here we are, 4 months in and I have yet to see it. An armory post is being asked to just make it that simple. The OP just mentioned there is a program people are using to change the look of their mounts. I had no idea of such a thing, but again, an armory post would disprove the idea that the mounts do not exist. It's a fairly simple request.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]