Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts

90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/05/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Jacara
I thought some Korean got the Sha mount a few weeks ago?

They always get things first!
90 Pandaren Monk
The people on this thread...

They ALL went full retard. It's just...oh my god.

Look people. Guildox tracks what mounts and pets everybody has. They know exactly what everybody has. Yeah, that big number. Out of that, NOBODY has the mount. That's what the OP is talking. At this point in time there are NO serpents.

Across 500 servers with an average of...hell, 2000 times looted per week (fairly simple, 50 raid groups, even on low pop servers like mine). That would be 10k loots per week.

Across 4 months? 160k times looted, not including double rolls. You include those and the number probably jumps to near 200k.

To justify the mount never dropping, the drop rate would have to be...<0.0005%

And even then, probability would almost definitely bless at least ONE person with the mount.

But a full scan of every armory in this entire game shows that nobody has the mount. NOBODY.

We read the OP's posts. You seem to have not read the whole thread. You sir... are just being rude.
12 Pandaren Monk
I heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from... oh wait.
My best friends old lady got the mount, but she asked me not to tell.
55 Night Elf Death Knight
The people on this thread...

They ALL went full retard. It's just...oh my god.

Look people. Guildox tracks what mounts and pets everybody has. They know exactly what everybody has. Yeah, that big number. Out of that, NOBODY has the mount. That's what the OP is talking. At this point in time there are NO serpents.

Across 500 servers with an average of...hell, 2000 times looted per week (fairly simple, 50 raid groups, even on low pop servers like mine). That would be 10k loots per week.

Across 4 months? 160k times looted, not including double rolls. You include those and the number probably jumps to near 200k.

To justify the mount never dropping, the drop rate would have to be...<0.0005%

And even then, probability would almost definitely bless at least ONE person with the mount.

But a full scan of every armory in this entire game shows that nobody has the mount. NOBODY.

We read the OP's posts. You seem to have not read the whole thread. You sir... are just being rude.

In his defense, he is a blood elf.
55 Night Elf Death Knight
02/05/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Deadhorse
I heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from... oh wait.

Why did you do this to me? WHY?? You know what you did...
42 Pandaren Monk
02/05/2013 04:44 AMPosted by Glaras

What?! That's it?

I wanted a little rideable angry Sha!

Yeah, I was kinda underwhelmed, too. But then, given that I've never even *seen* the mount drop off Attumen in Kara, either, I just figured I had some kind of mount-drop-repulser-field that I can't turn off.

Of all the time Ive wasted trying to dungeon and raid mounts, I used to think that too. Though the second I managed to get the mount from Rivendare after years of attempts... Somehow all the time spent just culminates in a sense of overly joyous excitement when you finally see that purple text flash on the screen a moment before you realize...

It finally dropped.
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/05/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Divergent
Around that, a friend did some math on real id when I was talking to him on the subject.

Lets say on average Sha is killed 2 times a day per realm; there are around 500 realms eu, us, and asia (more than 500, not sure on exact number though)

There is a 15% chance of getting loot, the other 75% you get gold. Applying normal raid boss mount rules it would be around 1%~ drop rate. So you have around 0.15% chance at getting the mount, and if you coin it double that chance.

There will be an average of 40 members to get loot off each kill, so that's 80 shots at the mount per day per realm assuming Sha only dies twice (which only really happens on very low pop realms)

Times that by the amount of realms (500 in this example) and that is 40,000 shots at the mount per day. 280,000 chances at the mount per week (Not including double rolls). Even with a 0.15% chance at getting the mount with literally millions of Sha kills this far into to expansion something doesn't seem right.
100 Gnome Mage
02/05/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Bladestorm
Around that, a friend did some math on real id when I was talking to him on the subject.

Lets say on average Sha is killed 2 times a day per realm; there are around 500 realms eu, us, and asia (more than 500, not sure on exact number though)

There is a 15% chance of getting loot, the other 75% you get gold. Applying normal raid boss mount rules it would be around 1%~ drop rate. So you have around 0.15% chance at getting the mount, and if you coin it double that chance.

There will be an average of 40 members to get loot off each kill, so that's 80 shots at the mount per day per realm assuming Sha only dies twice (which only really happens on very low pop realms)

Times that by the amount of realms (500 in this example) and that is 40,000 shots at the mount per day. 280,000 chances at the mount per week (Not including double rolls). Even with a 0.15% chance at getting the mount with literally millions of Sha kills this far into to expansion something doesn't seem right.

Its actually more rare than the Black bug mount lol
90 Orc Shaman
When I look at the pics posted on wowhead of both of these mounts... They seem fake there's never anyone around them and the one with the guy in shrine there's nobody there!!! I'm starting to believe these mounts have never been looted.
Id guess the number of rolls for sha mount per week is probably pretty close to the total number of 90's, times about 1.2 to account for charms used. Almost every 90 toon does it once a week and some that arent even 90 yet.
90 Human Paladin
While the OP is a little... off-putting in her persistance, I'm with her; until someone legitimately links to an armory that has either mount, I'm of mind to believe that they don't exist.
Aliens
90 Human Paladin
02/05/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Design
Aliens

Please redo this post on a human male with spikey brown hair.
I really should do that lol. What sucks is you can't see the images until at least level 10.
10 Troll Warlock
Well, good to know not to waste coins in hopes of seeing it drop.
90 Troll Hunter
I would love to see a blue post here letting us know if there is a problem with the drop rate of the sha mount. Please and thank you (:
90 Human Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyViVmaBQDg

There you go
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]