Need Your Opinion

1 Orc Warrior
Hello :) So I'm looking to transfer my character to a RP-PVP server that mainly consists of RP and Territorial WPVP, I've been reading some posts on the VeCo forums and it seems that this server is pretty active in those aspects of the game and also have a great community. But my only concern is the population. The question here is why should people pick this server over lets say Emerald Dream/Ravenholdt ect. with a better population. I know what you might say .. Trolls, Immature people and Non-RPers.
Sure you get more of those people but you get more of everything in a sense that's is just my opinion. I'm asking you for a comparison from VeCo to the other RP-PVP servers. If you have played on more then one I would like to hear your thoughts.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
If ya gotta ask you cant afford it.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Let's see here... ED has many more people but also a lot of RP seems to be more hidden occuring mostly in inns and with friends, not as much out in the world. Also ED has CRZ which in my opinion is a detriment to really getting to know your community.

Veco has a good solid community, not a ton of trolls or jerks that I have seen. Fairly balanced in population, I think a slightly larger horde population, but nothing extreme. I would say our AH tends to be a lil pricier than the alliance, but you can almost always find what you need.

I came here because of the lack of CRZ and found I enjoy the game a whole lot more now. It's nice to have a sense of community here, you know that the people you see at level 20 in the world are the same people you will see at level 90. They wont just disappear when you hit the next region.

If you have more questions you can add my battletag and I would be more than happy to answer them for you.

xoxo#1821
Reply Quote
I play my Allies here on VeCo and my Hordies on Ravenholdt. Both are currently non-CRZ. As Xoxo said, the faction balance on VeCo is pretty even, unlike on Ravenholdt where Horde seems to dominate with something like a 4-1 imbalance (if any Ravenholdters care to refute that, please do). But I like Ravenholdt...and I enjoy playing my Hordies there. But if you want a balanced pop, VeCo is the place to be.

As for ED, just spend 5 minutes reading their forums and you'll see why I stay away. No thanks.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Bump
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
VeCo: Has all tauren in it's all-tauren guild (and has for almost 6 years)

Other servers: no all-tauren guilds

seems clear to me.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
VeCo: Has all tauren in it's all-tauren guild (and has for almost 6 years)

Other servers: no all-tauren guilds

seems clear to me.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/emerald-dream/Tauren_Marines/
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The Tauren Marines are the best primarily-Tauren guild I've ever seen!

Gawk, VeCo and ED are both good. I think the difference is most like small town vs big city, so go with what suits you best in that sense imo.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Veco is for Fite!
Roll up an alt to decide
which server is best
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
While I am sure Tauren Marines are an impressive and honorable outfit, the claim I made still stands: "has all tauren in it's all-tauren guild (and has for almost 6 years)" ;)

Back on topic:

We are indeed a smaller population, and a decent number of ED's top players have either spent time or came from VeCo, so I know there are good people on both servers. The city metaphor is an apt one. I would argue if you would like to have more of an impact on a community, VeCo has more potential in that aspect. Our wars may be smaller in scale, but no less passionate or fun.

The fact you have a choice is a win. Both servers have an appeal to be certain.
Edited by Aovi on 2/6/2013 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Server is alright. I'm not gonna type you a selling point. Find out for yourself.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Everything that needs to be said has already. You'll find that veco may not have the huge server wide community then the big servers, but what you can find and small and yet well connected communities from both faction that respect each of their members like their kins.

You'll find the territorial Wpvp guilds here and you'll find plenty of people Rping be it small groups or guild wide.

Sizz said it best, roll an alt and see for yourself. If you do choose this server... May i interest you in joining the Blacktooth grin clan? We got smexy bikini goblins! Some of them may even be girls!
Reply Quote
44 Pandaren Mage
@Braellyn: Your gestures across forum posts have beaten out Durh's and with less words; something I thought impossible in my search. Thank you for helping me choose a new server after scouring the ends of the earth for more time and money than I care to reveal.

See everyone soon. Buckle up.
Reply Quote
I have 90 ally and horde on VeCo and 90 horde on Emerald Dream.

VeCo is like a small ED. Small town vs big city.

If WPVP is what you are looking for ED has it more often, but you can still find it on VeCo.

I have been on both servers for 5 years and like any server they can have down times and up times.

I enjoy VeCo more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]