Customer Support Marking Issues Resolved!

(Locked)

81 Undead Rogue
I had customer support person (Lythmaerz Customer Service Representative) Send me a message about an issue i had with missing items, his or her explanition for this problem was that i deleted the items and it was my fault because it was done from my playstaion. I havent played in seven to eight months due to moving and finding a new job, also why would i delete my rogue i have had since Vanila on a whim? Sounds like something i wouldnt due but it must be my fault because it was done from my playstaion. While i was off for seven months i recieved an email saying my account had been banned from blizzard so i guess all activity hadent been done from my playstaion and if im not paying for the account why is blizzard advising me that it is banned (Sounds like activity not from my play station), there has been several times in the past i have been hacked, could it have been a hacker? I have no kids and my wife knows better than to erase my charecters she has her own account! All i am syaing is why not talk to a long time returning customer who just spent 200 dollars on mounts and special deluxe edition versions of the game and renewed a subscription rather than blaming him and not even talking to him in person and marking the issue resolved without talking to me? I have never in the years i played this game had such horrible service as this. Is it because i left due to financial issues that i am being treated this way? As soon as i got back on my feet i came back to WOW because i love the game and blizzard has been pretty good to me. I pay for two accounts not just one and i would expect blizzard to try to resolve any issue i had and not be to busy to talk to me about an issue.

Sincerly,
Scrapie
100 Draenei Paladin
Being that it is seven to eight months ago, there is nothing that they can really do. Their logs have a finite amount of data available and generally do not go past a couple of months.

If the item is not available via the Item Restoration interface, then it is not retrievable by Blizzard.

You most likely got the response you did because their logs do not show any record of unauthorized access because of how long ago it was.
81 Undead Rogue
But the response said i deleted the charecter from my play station so they must go far back i have only been back on like 2 weeks and they sounded so sure it was me who deleted it, lol!
81 Undead Rogue
Hi there, Scrapie ! ^_^

My name is Game Master Lythmaerz! I got your issue here about an item restoration request. First, I want to apologize for not being able to speak with you directly and for the wait you’ve experienced but I thank you for your patience and understanding. As a side note, the character was deleted under your play location and not by us. So if you didnt delete it then someone from your play location did, that is why you have to pay for the gear back. We cant see who was on your account form your play location, so therefore the person from your play location sold the gear off from your play location. As this is from your play location it is your responsbility to pay back the gold gained for the gear.

Just to make sure I understand your petition correctly, you have some concerns with item restoration , correct? If that sounds right, then the rest of the message here is going to make sense and if I happened to be way off base please reopen this issue and we’ll try to clarify this a bit more with you.

As of patch 4.3.4, we introduced a self restoration feature that allows you to make restorations through battle.net without Game Master intervention for items sold, deleted or disenchanted. We would ask that you please make use of the feature as we are no longer taking requests of this nature by our ticket system.

Need to know how to use it? Read up on the feature at <http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768476808> and <http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-item-restoration>
Good luck!

It's my personal goal to ensure that you feel like the valued customer you truly are, so hopefully this info proved helpful to you, my friend. Thank you for taking the time to read my response, Scrapie, and again, thank you for your patience with the wait tonight. Take care and be safe in your travels! <3

Have a great day!

Regards,
Game Master Lythmaerz
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support <http://www.blizzard.com/support>
81 Undead Rogue
Okay here is the response as you can see i did it from my play location. So this is what happended, my wife who barley knows how to work her computer hacked mine got on it deleted my stuff. My computter has a password and i know i have been married to her for 13 years, but i can already tell you she doesent know it. K i got another one for you it was the dog it has to be thats the only other person here, we have no kids. And yes in this house we consider the dog a person!
90 Pandaren Monk
You're reading accusations into that response where none exist. The game master is telling you that their records indicate that the character and gear were deleted from the same computer where you normally play the game. The game master did not level any accusations at your wife. They simply told you what they are able to see.

If you feel the account was accessed by someone else, report the account as compromised, and perhaps they will be able to identify more information during that investigation.
90 Human Priest
Was the character deleted, or items? it sounds like you're adding too much extra info, and confusing the rep. Remember 'KISS"- Keep It Simple, Stupid. if it's just a character you would like restored, Say you want the character restored.

However, if the character was deleted and you didn't do it, it sounds like you were compromised. Make sure you secure your account. That being said 8 months later there's not much they can do in terms of restoring your STUFF< but at least the character should be able to be restored (provided it's over level 60)
81 Undead Rogue
First i didnt get a chance to adress thesse issues with them if you actually read the respose it says ( First, I want to apologize for not being able to speak with you directly and for the wait you’ve experienced but I thank you for your patience and understanding), Now mind you i was on at this time and saw the ticket dissapear, i had to tab out to read the response as seen above, First of all i moved from 0ne major city to another over a span of seven months and just restarted my account so i dont think the PLAY LOCATION could be the same. So it could have not been from a location i normally play at. They did not accuse my wife at all you are correct i was just pointing out there are no other people besides me that could have done it and i didnt do it, and yes the dog is innocent incase you cant understand my hummor. The charecter was deleted and restored i am talking on him now, my issue is i am still missing items that i was not able to recover via the automated system, the ones i did recover i had to pay gold to get back because they said (So if you didnt delete it then someone from your play location did, that is why you have to pay for the gear back.) And if you read the response they sent me they said if i didnt do it some from my location did so they are accusing someone of this in my house hold. And please read before posting that way you understand what you are responding about.
90 Human Priest
Too long, didn't read.

Again you're adding way too much extra info, the walls of text are distracting, and do nothing to help the issue.

1. Unless they require extra info from you, GM's will no longer contact you in game.

2. if you're requesting restorations of items, GM's are no longer able to assist with such a request. Policies on how such issues are handled have been changed since you were away. If you can restore the items via the website, then that is your only option. if not, they are unable to assist you, regardless

3. HOW the items/character got deleted is irrelevant, their logs do not go that far back (a few months at best, certainly not 8) and the only reason it may be relevant is to secure an old comprimise. You don't want the hackers (if there were any) getting back into your account.

4. it is YOUR responsibility to keep your account secure.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
02/05/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Scrapie
there has been several times in the past i have been hacked,

I'll be very honest with you, if you've been hacked "several" times you have a very big problem. Most people go through their entire WoW career without ever getting hacked.
Account security is ultimately YOUR responsibility, why would you spend hundreds of dollars on an account and not keep it safe? Why would you (recently) spend $200 on toys for your account and not spend $6.50 for an authenticator?

Blizzard's logs show that the deletion occurred from your usual location.
That means that one of 3 things happened:
a) you did it, or
b) someone from your location did it, or
c) someone who was able to spoof your location did it

It doesn't really matter which of the three happened because Blizzard bases their actions off what their logs show. If you were made to pay gold to retrieve your gear it's because the logs show it was vendored before the character was deleted.

The self restore feature that was added in 4.3 is the exact same list a GM would use to restore gear. If an item isn't on the list it likely won't be restored because the logs for it no longer exist. The CSFs in ths forum have repeatedly warned that time is of the essence with a compromise because they rely on their logs alone when it comes to restorals. But really, that is a moot point because the logs also show your account wasn't hacked.

People delete characters every day, including ones they have played since vanilla.
No restoration is ever guaranteed, if this deletion happened 8 months ago you need to count yourself lucky that you got anything back at all.

Giving customers what they want is BAD customer service.
Good customer service is following company policy and applying them consistently to every customer.

Secure account because the next time you get hacked you might just get told your $15 a month isn't worth the hassle of fixing your mistakes.
Edited by Arizza on 2/5/2013 9:54 AM PST
81 Undead Rogue
Okay again ill go over this, Fist It appears to be insanley clear they need more info thats why i am posting, if they didnt i would not be posting and the issue would already be resolved. If you are refering to my in game post it read ( Why do i have to pay gold to get back from a charecter i didnt delete?) And if you did not read the response they basicly say i did. Now with some good old comon sense if the charecter was not deleted by the customer a light should go off! Was this account Hacked? From that point i would inquire more info from the customer. I do have an authenticator and i do take my security seriously but if people want on your account they will get into it. I can assure you the security issues on my end where taken care of, i can honestly say no one broke into my house and loged onto my game to delete my rogue and i have never shared my authenticator and password with anyone so the rest is on blizzard i cant belive you really think outside of that i am responsible for my own security that is an insane response!
85 Tauren Druid
02/05/2013 09:11 AMPosted by Scrapie
( First, I want to apologize for not being able to speak with you directly and for the wait you’ve experienced but I thank you for your patience and understanding), Now mind you i was on at this time and saw the ticket dissapear, i had to tab out to read the response as seen above

The interface that the GMs use will sometimes bug out and show a player as offline when they are not. This is not a new bug, but one they have never been able to fix.

GMs have to deal with bugs messing up stuff for them, just like we do.
81 Undead Rogue
Man before i even get this posted more people are responding outside of what is written and what the issue is if all you can do is gripe about how sorry i was to get hacked move to a diffrent thread that is not even close to what the issue is. The issue here is if you had played for years and recieved this reply and hadnt deleted the charecter and YOU HAVE AN AUTHENTICATOR AND THE SECURITY ISSUES ON YOUR END WERE NOT COMPRIMESED, how would you feel and should they have contacted me and what lenths if any should they have gone to fix the issue? The thing i am trying to say is i didnt do it, and now i dont have the items that were on my charecter before and i have no way to recover them apperently. Think if this were your level 90 warlock or priest? Just some food for thought.
81 Undead Rogue
Selenic

85 Tauren Druid

EastCoast Disciples

Thanks this is the only usefull information gained all day from this post i never knew this bug existed and now that may explain something, unlike all the other people who are fixated on my security instead of the issue.
81 Undead Rogue
I still dont understand why in the response they said someone at my Play Location had to do this that doese not sound like a proper way to adress the issue especially since Arizza brings up a point maybe they were spoofing my location which i never thought of, i have to admit that was some good info on your reply but the rest of it sounds like you are blizzard employee of the month defending your company, and anyone with a buisness knows the customer is always right no matter how wrong they are, another peice of information also pointed out was that this is just a game. Sadly i pay to play this game which makes it a little more than just a game, Its just like with netflix or any other online monthly subscribtion, you pay for it every month and you expect when you have an issue it will be fixed. People who repond it is just a game must not pay for it, maybe thier mom or dad doese?
Edited by Scrapie on 2/5/2013 10:15 AM PST
11 Goblin Shaman
Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter if you deleted the character after selling the items or not or if someone else did.

Blizzard will only go by what their logs show and their logs show that the items were sold and then the character deleted while logged in from the same location you had been logging in from. As far as they can tell you, or someone else at your location, did it.

They were able to restore the character because records of higher level characters are not deleted from Blizzard's records when you delete it from your account.

As for the item restoration, any item restoration requires you to "give back" whatever you got for it; gold, enchanting materials (if you DE'd something by mistake). The records show the items were sold for gold prior to deleting the character, so you will have to give back whatever gold they show was received.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
02/05/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Scrapie
Okay again ill go over this, Fist It appears to be insanley clear they need more info thats why i am posting, if they didnt i would not be posting and the issue would already be resolved. If you are refering to my in game post it read ( Why do i have to pay gold to get back from a charecter i didnt delete?) And if you did not read the response they basicly say i did. Now with some good old comon sense if the charecter was not deleted by the customer a light should go off! Was this account Hacked? From that point i would inquire more info from the customer. I do have an authenticator and i do take my security seriously but if people want on your account they will get into it. I can assure you the security issues on my end where taken care of, i can honestly say no one broke into my house and loged onto my game to delete my rogue and i have never shared my authenticator and password with anyone so the rest is on blizzard i cant belive you really think outside of that i am responsible for my own security that is an insane response!

I have read every single word you posted. Just because you don't like the response doesn't mean we aren't reading your posts.

Blizzard doesn't want or need more information from you.
Blizzard bases their actions off what their logs show, not what you say.
Bizzard's logs show that your character was deleted from your usual log in location.
If doesn't matter if it was your wife, dog or some stranger who broke into your home, the logs show that someone using your log in infomation (and apparently authenticator) deleted your character.

Blizzard doesn't know that it wasn't you, the logs show what they show, and that is what they base their response to the situation on. It doesn't matter how logical you think your explaination is or how much information you give them, they base their response on their own internal logs. That is why your tickets are getting closed as resolved.

You may not agree, or think it's "insane" but the Terms of Use makes it clear that you are responsible for keeping your login in info secure. You're also responsible for everything that is done under your login, whether you authorized it or not. What it boils down to is that hacked or not, Blizzard is under no obligation to make things right.
81 Undead Rogue
Again someone trying to reply with and i Quote: Blizzard will only go by what their logs show and their logs show that the items were sold and then the character deleted while logged in from the same location you had been logging in from. As far as they can tell you, or someone else at your location, did it.

Pleas leave that horse be, ya'll have beat it into the ground, if they had or didnt have records thats thier issue not mine. I have however a sneaky suspicion they go back further due to the fact they gave me my armor off the site i had got back in BC. When you can explain something other than thier records dont go back please post, how did i get that armor back and here's another one i have been playing for two weeks back, i go to the server where my charecter was and he is not there, my records online from 2 years ago show i moved him there so i was able to prove he existed which i had to do to get him back. They have more records than you think they do, ill belive the answer yall keep trying to give me when someone from blizzard shows me. And if you read the reply from the rep they said i did it or someone from my house so it doese matter if no one here did it last time i checked that is an acusation and a very false one.
81 Undead Rogue
Trainpain, Did i make you maad doese your mom and dad pay for your account, LOL!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]