Customer Support Marking Issues Resolved!

(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
the bottom line is you can either A request a second look. or B deal with it and move on.

continuing here is only going to continue to aggivate you or worse.

the blues here arnt going to be able to change anything they cant over rule the GM's decisions
2 Blood Elf Mage
Was there anything else you needed a hand with Scrapie? This isn't how you go about getting another GM to look into your concerns.

Your ONLY recourse is to submit another ticket if you're not happy with the result of this one.

As for what their logs do or do not show, you're playing a huge guessing game and it simply doesn't matter.
81 Undead Rogue
Arizza and everyone else lets go ahead and through out the fact that my stuff is gone and aint comming back at least i got the charecter and a few items back okay im moving on from that but you mean to tell me ya'll are not upset about this comment:

As a side note, the character was deleted under your play location and not by us. So if you didnt delete it then someone from your play location did, that is why you have to pay for the gear back. We cant see who was on your account form your play location, so therefore the person from your play location sold the gear off from your play location. As this is from your play location it is your responsbility to pay back the gold gained for the gear.

And lets just go out on a limb here and say you didnt do it how do you feel?
2 Blood Elf Mage
02/05/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Scrapie

I'd feel like putting in another ticket...not waste time arguing about it on the forums.
85 Tauren Druid
Due to the changes in the restoration policy with the addition of the new Item Restoration Feature, the only way for a GM to restore items is if there is a compromise involved. And even then, if the compromise happened too long ago and the logs don't go back that far, they won't be able to restore it. This is why compromises have to be reported as soon as possible. No restoration is ever guaranteed.

From the information I skimmed through that you have provided, Blizzard does not see a compromise in their logs for your account (or the logs do not go back that far). As such, the restoration of items must be handled by the Item Restoration Feature. GMs are only able to see items on the Item Restoration Feature anyways. If it's not listed there, then even GMs are not able to restore. This feature (and GMs) only see when the item was deleted, vendored, DE'd, etc., not when it was received.

Character restorations are still handled by GMs, and any character over level 50, even if deleted, will never be removed from the logs. (Characters lower than level 50 have a limited time before they are removed from the logs after deletion.)
90 Human Warlock
i'd feel nothing because i see to many people in here that claim the didnt do it when they did do it.

usually out of rage or a means to try and quit playing then get mad at blizz when blizz dont give them everything they want when they come back and try to pretend it wasnt them

which is what i'm writing this off as.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I still dont understand why in the response they said someone at my Play Location had to do this that doese not sound like a proper way to adress the issue especially since Arizza brings up a point maybe they were spoofing my location which i never thought of, i have to admit that was some good info on your reply but the rest of it sounds like you are blizzard employee of the month defending your company, and anyone with a buisness knows the customer is always right no matter how wrong they are, another peice of information also pointed out was that this is just a game. Sadly i pay to play this game which makes it a little more than just a game, Its just like with netflix or any other online monthly subscribtion, you pay for it every month and you expect when you have an issue it will be fixed. People who repond it is just a game must not pay for it, maybe thier mom or dad doese?

It doesn't matter if your location was spoofed, they had your login info AND your authenticator.

Explaining the policies isn't defending the company.

The customer is NOT always right and such an approach is a very bad business practice.
Blizzard isn't mom & dad, throwing a tantrum or asking for the same thing over and over isn't going to make them change their mind.

It is just a game, if you think it's anything more than that I sincerely encourage you to seek some professional help.
100 Undead Warlock
02/05/2013 10:43 AMPosted by Arizza
It doesn't matter if your location was spoofed, they had your login info AND your authenticator.

as far as i'm aware, it's not possible to spoof a location in this way. when you went to logon to the game, you could spoof where you are from, but the game wouldn't be able to communicate back to you, because you aren't actually where you're saying you are. or something like this.
81 Undead Rogue
Trainpain Im sorry if i offended you that was not my intention i tried to bring up the issue but the button you push to follow up with them if the issue is not resolved was removed off the ticket, Which is the tittle of this post. there response leaves it sounding like they want to fix the issue but they closed the post where i could not respond so i went to the customer support forums where i hope they do see this. Below is the response:

Just to make sure I understand your petition correctly, you have some concerns with item restoration , correct? If that sounds right, then the rest of the message here is going to make sense and if I happened to be way off base please reopen this issue and we’ll try to clarify this a bit more with you.

But they did not leave a way to do so and the server is down.
2 Blood Elf Mage
Use the "Support" link in the top right of the forums. You can open a new ticket there.
85 Tauren Druid
02/05/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Scrapie
But they did not leave a way to do so and the server is down.

Did you log into the Support Site and select the ticket and see if there is an option there?
81 Undead Rogue
Arizza Other than the spoofing comment this is the only thing usefull i have gained from your posts, i must have offended you and i appologize to you as well, but i am a corporate operations manager with a national company and no customer no matter how much or little they pay for my services matters when it comes to resolving an issue they have, i guesse thats why we have been in buisness for 32 years. Maybe its because i feel that strongly about my customers that this issue bothers me, but it is never a bad way to conduct buisness by valuing your customers, especially ones that have done buisness with you for a long time. Also i would never accuse my customers of doing something they didnt do or at least feel them out to see what the real issue is.
Edited by Scrapie on 2/5/2013 10:56 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Arizza and everyone else lets go ahead and through out the fact that my stuff is gone and aint comming back at least i got the charecter and a few items back okay im moving on from that but you mean to tell me ya'll are not upset about this comment:

As a side note, the character was deleted under your play location and not by us. So if you didnt delete it then someone from your play location did, that is why you have to pay for the gear back. We cant see who was on your account form your play location, so therefore the person from your play location sold the gear off from your play location. As this is from your play location it is your responsbility to pay back the gold gained for the gear.

How would I feel?
I'd be angry at my self for letting my login information be compromised and I'd be pixxed as heck at my husband (and worried about the state of my marriage in general) that he would stoop to hacking into my account to do damage to it.

Because thats what it would comes down to: If I (you) didn't do it then my (your) spouse did. Because my cats, while smart, lack opposable thumbs and the likelihood of my authenticator being hacked and my location spoofed are nil.
81 Undead Rogue
Selenic Yes i did log onto the customer support page and view the ticket i also veiewed older tickets and was able to see a button where i could click to respond back on an issue, on this issue they marked it as resolved before i got a chance to decide if it was or not.
100 Night Elf Rogue
02/05/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Scrapie
Arizza Other than the spoofing comment this is the only thing usefull i have gained from your posts, i must have offended you and i appologize to you as well, but i am a corporate operations manager with a national company and no customer no matter how much or little they pay for my services matters when it comes to resolving an issue they have, i guesse thats why we have been in buisness for 32 years. Maybe its because i feel that strongly about my customers that this issue bothers me, but it is never a bad way to conduct buisness by valuing your customers, especially ones that have done buisness with you for a long time. Also i would never accuse my customers of doing something they didnt do or at least feel them out to see what the real issue is.

If they said it was done from your normal play location, that is what the logs they go by show. You can always ask for another look but they go by what the logs show, not what a customer says.
85 Tauren Druid
02/05/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Scrapie
Selenic Yes i did log onto the customer support page and view the ticket i also veiewed older tickets and was able to see a button where i could click to respond back on an issue, on this issue they marked it as resolved before i got a chance to decide if it was or not.

Then open a second ticket for a second look. It's pretty much the same as using the "Need More Help" option, but I would recommend referencing your first ticket.

Leave out the extra fluff. Keep it simple and concise, to the point. They don't need your entire back story.

(Which, by the way, is true in any business situation where you are asking someone else for help. I get this all the time at work. I really don't need to know why you are canceling that measure you set up today. I just need to know that you want to cancel it. Those extra stories just make me suspicious like you feel you need to justify your actions by lying to me. Not to mention it will just take the whole process longer as I have to listen to your story for 10 minutes before I can actually do the work that would only take 2 minutes. All it does is slow down the entire queue of people I'm trying to help. If I need more information, I'll ask for it.

Sorry for the off topic rant. But it is really frustrating when you are trying to help someone and gets TONS of unneeded, unimportant, unrelated information.)
81 Undead Rogue
Arizza i am pretty sure my wife is innocent if she did it she would tell me but i really dont think she did because we have separate accounts and passwords, at this point i have to say that comment got me laughing though, but i see the polices have changed i still think the response with them accusing someone in my household was a little odd, and i just started playing two weeks ago from this location with a 200 plus mile diffrence from the last location and i am pretty sure ip adresses have changed so i am sure they havent checked this out to the extent they should. I honestly belive if they look into this more they will find out it was from a diffrent location because a month or two before i stared playing again i recieved an email saying my account had been banned for some wierd reason. When i bought the authenticator over the phone with the rep who took my order they told me that getting hacked on wow was a pretty common thing, and since i have had my authenticator i have been hacked over the years even with having it on the account. I was watching football one day and my wife said i just saw you log on so yes it can happen.
90 Human Priest
Leave out the extra fluff. Keep it simple and concise, to the point. They don't need your entire back story.

(Which, by the way, is true in any business situation where you are asking someone else for help. I get this all the time at work. I really don't need to know why you are canceling that measure you set up today. I just need to know that you want to cancel it. Those extra stories just make me suspicious like you feel you need to justify your actions by lying to me. Not to mention it will just take the whole process longer as I have to listen to your story for 10 minutes before I can actually do the work that would only take 2 minutes. All it does is slow down the entire queue of people I'm trying to help. If I need more information, I'll ask for it.

Sorry for the off topic rant. But it is really frustrating when you are trying to help someone and gets TONS of unneeded, unimportant, unrelated information.)

Quoted for truth.
90 Human Priest
02/05/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Scrapie
Arizza i am pretty sure my wife is innocent if she did it she would tell me but i really dont think she did because we have separate accounts and passwords, at this point i have to say that comment got me laughing though, but i see the polices have changed i still think the response with them accusing someone in my household was a little odd, and i just started playing two weeks ago from this location with a 200 plus mile diffrence from the last location and i am pretty sure ip adresses have changed so i am sure they havent checked this out to the extent they should. I honestly belive if they look into this more they will find out it was from a diffrent location because a month or two before i stared playing again i recieved an email saying my account had been banned for some wierd reason. When i bought the authenticator over the phone with the rep who took my order they told me that getting hacked on wow was a pretty common thing, and since i have had my authenticator i have been hacked over the years even with having it on the account. I was watching football one day and my wife said i just saw you log on so yes it can happen.

Scrapie, take a deep breath.

you're missing the point.

Logs don't go back that far. There is nothing to investigate. You need to move on.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]