The Rogue's Secret?

84 Human Warlock
Viiss, this is the part where you go cry somewhere else.

You tried to troll~failed~I showed you up. Just leave. Go practice your arena unless you're still trying to figure out what all the buttons do on the account you purchased.
Reply Quote
Rogue PvE: If you play WoW for the PvE then you should NOT be rolling a Rogue. EVERY other class is better for PvE.

Rogue PvP: Masters of the strategic strike with surgical precision.

p.s. If you're routinely fighting on the side of the road in AB then you need to quit WoW. Seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
You guys better stop all the name calling before I start to talk !@#$ over the internet...

The Rogue secret? Play and have fun. Athos does make a good point on the importance of surgical precision. The way we are right now, we've have the smallest window of opportunity to kill a target or avoid big bursts. Just play and practice, and know that eventually the scales will be tipped.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I do very well in random battlegrounds without any PVP gear at all as Assassin. I have no interest in high ranked PvP or grinding out PvP gear so I can't comment on how the class is in that upper echelon of the game.

For a casual BGer like myself, I think the class is in a good spot, maybe even a little OP. I feel bad for undergeared casters w/o trinkets who basically sit in my stun lock and get 100-0 in less than 10 seconds, but it does often require the use of Vendetta + Shadow Blades and a well-timed Cloak of Shadows.

Rogues are a very cooldown-scentric class. It's not completely wrong to hide in the shadows while you wait. If you just pop out to Ambush then Vanish away and wait for Vanish to come back up, yeah that's a problem.

The problem most rogues have is that they think the only way to make a difference is to kill someone. I've won a lot of games letting an EFC run out by himself and sapping the healing behind him without him noticing. Let him run out healer-less to mid while I keep the healer occupied in our FR.

Picking off people in general is a great strategy to thin numbers. If you notice there's a really badass frost mage on the outskirts of a battle, get off the EFC and kill him/Blind whatever and get back to the fight.

I think the reason rogues are so unpopular is because it's such a tactical class and sometimes to be the most effective to win, you need to restrain yourself from topping KB charts, whereas a warrior or DK's best effectiveness is to just go blow !@#$ up.

Random tip: save Vendetta on warriors during Second Wind range.

STARK!!!

What are you doing being dead?
Reply Quote
84 Human Warlock
Athos + Zyklonbee:

I agree with both of you. I added the side comment for those who would use that to relate, I was not planning on commenting on right or wrong but i agree with both comments lol.

Zyklonbee:

I uniquely agree with you on your 2nd notion about the secret. It has always been about fun and the thrill of the class!
Reply Quote
48 Undead Rogue
02/05/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Shadow
Well, Coming from myself, I consider myself OP. I can kill ppl flawlessly without even using cooldowns

So, how do you explain the 1200 rating with almost 30 games played?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
02/05/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Hidbehindpet
Viiss, this is the part where you go cry somewhere else.

you don't see me posting QQ threads on the rogue forums ( like this one you made).

You tried to troll~failed~I showed you up.

actually, i've put some semi useful information in this thread. you simply disregarded it and called it trolling.

Go practice your arena unless you're still trying to figure out what all the buttons do on the account you purchased.

again, you are the one who is resorting to posting on an alt. let's see you post on your rogue.
no?
thought so.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Wow Rogues don't get along at all. :-(

That poison is supposed to coat your daggers not your tongues !
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
You can take a look at my armory. You'll see !@#$ty arena ratings, no rated battlegrounds, unenchanted items, no PVP weapons...I forgot what I was talking about.

Oh yeah.

I've gotten pretty frustrated at my class. Sometimes I've even considered rerolling. But I won't. Because I love my class. And that's what's most important. Sure, we can't faceroll like we used to (didn't play Cata, but to my understanding, rogues were dominant), but no class is completely useless.

I've seen rogues at the top of damage, and I've seen myself get super pissed because I can't seem to do well. But I'm still learning my class. And every day, it gets better. Not because of my gear, but because I'm trying to achieve mastery of the class. Mastery of the class is not impossible. It is more difficult than other classes, but I don't think that rogues are completely and utterly useless. It just takes more time to master, which I would much rather have than a class that pops a one shot macro and wrecks everyone with ease.

Once again, I don't claim to be a good rogue. But I feel like I'm getting better. I have a lot of work cut out for me, but I love my class, and I'm going to stick to it. I'm gonna keep gutting it out, get my weapons, and hopefully make people just as frustrated as they made me.

Take a deep breath, love your class, and look at it as something you need to work up to rather than have it handed to you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Wow Rogues don't get along at all. :-(

That poison is supposed to coat your daggers not your tongues !

this thread should be a little more free of trolling now.
we can continue constructive posts regarding the rogue class :)

02/07/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Zombìe
I've gotten pretty frustrated at my class. Sometimes I've even considered rerolling. But I won't. Because I love my class.

we need more rogues like you :b

02/07/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Zombìe
Take a deep breath, love your class, and look at it as something you need to work up to rather than have it handed to you

great way to put it. and good luck in your journey! i'm sure you will find a rewarding one with an outlook such as that.

also, i've been playing the PTR extensively and from the looks of things, next season will be a very good one for us.
Edited by Viiss on 2/7/2013 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]