Looking for some tank druid assistance.

90 Night Elf Druid
Sin
I've been tanking for a while on this character and for the most part everything is fine. Better than fine in fact. I'm looking to get Expertise capped though and still up my mastery. Right now I'm stuck at the Second boss in HoF Normal and usually die after getting a 2 stack of the debuff he applies. Even with Savage defense popped and trying to get my self heals in.

Please feel free to talk to me about gear, gems better enchants choices.

Thanks for the your time and assistance it is much appreciated fellow Guardian Druids.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Look at how i gem and reforge. First thing i notice is your agi stam gems - get rid of them. I can almost promise you, that your having rage issues with your current setup. Feel free to talk to me in game but that's a really good place to start.

Your Off tank should be taunting off you immediately after your second stack so you shouldn't be dying from that
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sin
I haven't felt rage starved but I will try anything to help get more hits in and up my dps even if only a little, or a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Right now I'm stuck at the Second boss in HoF Normal and usually die after getting a 2 stack of the debuff he applies. Even with Savage defense popped and trying to get my self heals in.

This tells me you aren't using CDs correctly to prevent this from happening. Glyphed SI is great for this fight because of this exact situation.

And Darkox is right, ditch your Agility gems.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sin
Is this looking better?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
02/05/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Udiedididnt
Is this looking better?

I think so. If you're having trouble with a specific encounter you could check out some of the "coles notes" I've done for normal modes:

ToES: http://theincbear.com/10m-saturdays-notes-on-terrace-of-endless-spring
HoF: http://theincbear.com/10m-saturdays-notes-on-heart-of-fear
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Arielle and Darkox already give good general advice, so I'm looking at your specific issue:
Right now I'm stuck at the Second boss in HoF Normal and usually die after getting a 2 stack of the debuff he applies. Even with Savage defense popped and trying to get my self heals in.

This sounds odd. Are you sure you and your raid group understand the mechanics correctly.

Overwhelming Assault is pretty straightforward:
A) He hits you once with overwhelming assault. If you survive it, you get a debuff.
B) ~20 seconds later, he hits you again and much harder with OA. You now have 2 stacks of the debuff.
C) ~20 seconds later, he hits you again, much much harder with OA. If you survive that, you have 3 stacks.

Now, where are you dieing?

If you die at point B, that's mostly a healer problem. Yes, you should use at least Barkskin to help survive it, but I have less HP and less armor than you and I never had a problem with that, even on the occasions that I forgot Barkskin. I even got to 4 stacks once, because my co-tank was dead and I wanted to see how far I could push it. (That did require more than just Barkskin though.) The only possible cause of death I see may be that your healers love to keep you at 50% for some reason - you should be topped off before the second OA, yell at your healers if you aren't. It's relatively predictable, even though the boss doesn't always use it exactly on cooldown.

Or do you survive point B, but just barely and die to the next melee swing? You should have rage pooled for that and heal yourself with a big FR heal. SD isn't really interesting at that point, because 1) OA cannot be dodged and 2) your co-tank should taunt pretty much right after the second OA, there is no reason to wait. And as the debuff only affects OA damage, I see no reason why you should be more in danger with 2 stacks than with 0.

If you die at point C (i.e. you receive a third OA), that's a tank problem. Either your co-tank forgets to taunt or you don't give him the time to get Vengeance and steal Aggro back.

P.S.: Yes, my raid group still got stuck on this fight, but that was because our dps had too much troubles with the tornadoes in P2.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sin
02/05/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Ptarr
Or do you survive point B, but just barely and die to the next melee swing?

this is what happens on most runs, if you look at my character sheet you will see we have downed him a couple of times, but most times I still die just after I get the second debuff on the next melee swing and I have been using barkskin on CD for the second attack knowing that I've been dieing on it and also been using savage defense on it as well as SI. now its not every time I have the boss the first time I have the boss I live through it fine, it usually starts the second or third time I have the boss.

First time I take the boss I he has already done it twice to the other tank, so I taunt and take a 2 stack, then the other tank taunts back takes 2 stacks and then I taunt and take a 2 stack and die just after taking the two stack so I'm not dieing to the overwhelming strike its the next melee hit after that, that smacks me in the face and then I take a dirt nap for a few seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
I'm suspicious that something else is going on. Without logs it's going to be really hard to say exactly what the problem is.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
How much time is there to react between the strike and the next melee swing? As in, can healers burst you back up? If so, it may be a healing issue - on both ends. Healers can pay closer attention, and you can also be better at pooling rage for a fat FR or better yet using your level 30 talent (preferably Renewal, as the 2 min CD lines up nicely).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sin
I'll see if I can get logs for this weeks raids so you can evaluate better. Thanks for the helps I did notice a slight increase in dps last night on fights even being the bottom :( I dislike not getting vengeance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]