spell power vs weapon dps?

90 Troll Druid
So, im getting to end game, and by doing a little research, i realised that some heroic dungeon weapons have more dps than lfr ones... and i got confused, doesnt weapon dps affect our dps, just the spell damage? Like, should i use a weapon with dps 2100 and spell power 5400 or a weap with 1800 dps and 7000 spell power?
Thanks in advance, Swutt
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
take the spell power. the dps is a calc based on weapon dmg/divided by swing speed. since even our melee specs (feral and gaurdian) have set swing time based on forms the dps quoted on wepaons isnt really relevant to druids.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/05/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Myrddin
since even our melee specs (feral and gaurdian) have set swing time based on forms the dps quoted on wepaons isnt really relevant to druids.

Technically no, the DPS on the weapon is what matters to the melee forms (weapon speed is scaled down to 1s for cat or 2.5s for bear, but the DPS stays the same). It's just, if you're getting a weapon for bear or cat, you'd get one that doesn't have spellpower.

For the specs that use spellpower weapons, they don't use any weapon-based attacks and so don't care about weapon DPS at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]