The State of Alliance on Skullcrusher

90 Human Paladin
The State of the Alliance on Skullcrusher is quickly getting worse. Every day we are seeing people transfer to new servers that have never called anywhere else home. I for one did not start on this server but have grown fond of it over the past few years and it is sad to see what has become of it.
We are down to 1 raiding 25man guild, which struggles to fill on a nightly basis and only have two 10 man guilds that have progressed through TOE and are attempting heroics. One of these two 10mans will be transfering off as a whole in close to a weeks time.
Our player pool is limited and because of the state of the Alliance not many people would consider transfering here even for a chance to raid.
I feel like this should be a concern for Blizzard and something needs to be done about it sooner than later. Skullcrusher is a day 1 server littered with history in this game. I can live being drastically outnumbered by Horde but would like to see something done to bring back people to Alliance side.
I can't offer any ideas as I am not sure how you can fix this but there has to be a way. I am completely aware that we are not the only server with this problem, but at this point we should be at high priority.
Hopefully some people will commiserate with me and you will see that I am not the only one that has this concern. Then again I am not sure if there is enough people still around on Alliance to even get this post noticed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Maybe more people would be encouraged to play Alliance on this server if all the PvP scrubs went away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Retrospect and Vexatious are basically dead, so your wish has come true. I was hoping for more practical responses though and I can honestly say your idea is dumb. PVP and PVE scrubs will be on every server/faction, horde just has a higher population that help mask the ones you have.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thank you Sonyn for Posting this. I can only add that Many of us have contacted representatives at blizzard to address our concerns only to have nothing resolved. Basically every alliance member that feels the way we do needs to add to this forum thread and explain the issues your are experiencing individually. Many of us do not want to leave the server but quality raiding is becoming an issue. I have yet to see one pug ever posted in Trade chat like the days of WOTLK. RBG's are near impossible to form. Why does it have to Take a guild to leave to get something done about this
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sonyn I understand where you're coming from with this, but you're stating an issue that many servers' off balance ratio, Horde or Alliance, have already thrown out there. They still haven't done anything about it, and I doubt they will. And one or two alliance posting here on this thread (or forum about it) will get hardly get it noticed. This is something to take to another forum to re-address, but not here.

And Jagr, stop acting like everything is just so tough to find. RBG forming is brought to you by openraid and battlemasters. If its that bad, then xfer off.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
It takes more then had i've have had two threads on this subject locked or deleted so far and still no contat or action by the game makers.
also we pay per month shouldn't some form of our money to go makeing shre the players have all good severs to play on good about of players to pick from in pve and in pvp and both sides i'll rember these balnceing issues and when blizzard makes a new game i wont be buying it. if this is how they are going to treat their Longterm clients
Edited by Kneecaper on 2/6/2013 9:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Vyn seriously this is what were trying to avoid,we dont jump ship and go horde like you do were actually trying to do something about the servers imballance. Post something positive or dont post at all
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Give it up, Blizzard doesn't care. These posts have been around blizzard refuses to do anything. Why would they the majority of the people are willing to pay and/or are already on a decent populated server.

This is why my account is cancelled. F blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
i have been playing since warcraft one and diablo playing on dial up modems their lack of care to the wow severs infurate me to no end i have changed severs before becuase i wanted to i found a good group of players that are my firnds i cant to play whit them and now this sever is dieing and i am made more then on try to contact bilzzard about this i know they have charts a they know how many players log on the sever per day and what faction how far guilds are in the raid content yet they do not fix this issue
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As I stated, the server imbalance is the least of my worries. If we are outnumbered 3/1 or 4/1 it makes no difference. All I am hoping is for Blizzard to listen and to find a way to bring back population to the Alliance side of Skullcrusher, if the Horde side continues to grow then so be it, atleast there will be active players that want to raid/do other things.
Cross Realm is great in terms of certain aspects of the game but in terms of raiding current content, especially as a 25man guild, it is near impossible to fill on a consistent basis.

Vyn, like I said the imbalance makes no difference to me and if everyone just faction changed or transfered to a new server that would solve nothing. Alot of people that are still playing on Skullcrusher are here because it has been their home since Vanilla and they will never leave. Unfortunately not everyone thinks like this. I want to play with my friends, and I hate to see people slowly leave one at a time. 25man content is much more challenging and takes more coordination and for this I like it, much like the other raiders in Immortality. Unfortunately when we do lose someone they become irreplaceable, with ANYONE, let alone a competant raider.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
02/05/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Zzmorriss
Maybe more people would be encouraged to play Alliance on this server if all the PvP scrubs went away.

It's a PVP server. PVE is irrelevant in this game as far as alot of people are concerned, including me.
Edited by Homeslïce on 2/6/2013 11:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
homeslice many players liek to kill horde while we quest that is why i am on a pvp sever all teh orther stuff rbg and arnea can be done on open raid but 25man raiding

you have to be on this sever to raid 25 man stufff if they made that cross sever it wouldn't matter about our sever pop
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/06/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Homeslïce
It's a PVP server. PVE is irrelevant in this game as far as alot of people are concerned, including me.

I can understand that point of view Homeslice. Knowing that though would you not want to see a more balanced population to encourage more challenging PVP rather than mindless 3v1s.
Like I said the imbalance I can live with. What I would like to see is a newer low pop alliance server without the history get merged with ours or maybe a high population alliance/low population horde server be merged to help balance out the issues.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I can honestly say that this was a worthwhile reading. Even though I'm coming from a PvP standpoint, I agree with the fact that the stacked faction problem needs to be fixed. Not sure how we can go about starting a fix, but I like the idea of it. I used to raid in Cataclysm and didn't get far, but it was fun as hell. Allspark, Catamager, and I came from a server that was dead in both the PvE and PvP aspects of the game, so we know how much that sucks. Overall, I feel like blizzard doesn't intentionally neglect the stacked factions on servers because they want to give the new and current players the freedom to play whatever they want. I do support this thread's ideas completely however, good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Out of curiosity, how would you fix it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/06/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Thristen
Vyn seriously this is what were trying to avoid,we dont jump ship and go horde like you do were actually trying to do something about the servers imballance. Post something positive or dont post at all

"Go Horde like me?" I've been horde long before I even knew you. Just because I send my alliance alt off server to get away from the crap economy on alliance doesn't mean you can imply anything like you know me, so sit down and shut up.

And unless you do the amount of complaints that KT's horde did to go off server (only solution I see), I dont see them doing a thing about it.

And Sonyn, I agree with you. I really do.
Edited by Vynsanity on 2/6/2013 3:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/06/2013 03:50 PMPosted by Verdel
Out of curiosity, how would you fix it?

I am not entirely sure how to fix this problem. As I mentioned in one of my above replies maybe there is a way of merging a "newer" server that is alliance heavy with ours. Keep the Skullcrusher name since that is what seems to keep most of the current Alliance players here. Im sure there would be a lot more to this then I know and it may result in a lot of those newer players transfering off, but I would assume most would stay and hopefully help level out the playing field for the health of our server.
Again I am just spitballing, but I gurantee there is a way to do this. When you look down the list of servers and see the amount of them that have Low populations I would think Blizzard could do without a couple.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am not entirely sure how to fix this problem. As I mentioned in one of my above replies maybe there is a way of merging a "newer" server that is alliance heavy with ours. Keep the Skullcrusher name since that is what seems to keep most of the current Alliance players here. Im sure there would be a lot more to this then I know and it may result in a lot of those newer players transfering off, but I would assume most would stay and hopefully help level out the playing field for the health of our server.
Again I am just spitballing, but I gurantee there is a way to do this. When you look down the list of servers and see the amount of them that have Low populations I would think Blizzard could do without a couple.

And all the players that you are making merge to a new server, what about them? This is the problem with any discussion on server merging, you cannot do it without screwing someone over. Telling a high Alliance, low population server that they have to merge with Skullcrusher isn't fair to those players, right?

The logistical nightmare of server merging is why you will not see it anytime soon. Not only are you displacing thousands of players, but then you have name changes to deal with, guilds to move, etc. Not to mention making someone go to another server to serve the needs of another server is very bad customer service.

There's a reason why there is a server transfer service. If you are not happy in your current situation, you have the option of transferring. Is it ideal? No, because it is not free of charge, but running servers and a customer service department aren't either. Cost of doing business that gets translated to you, the consumer. Welcome to Business 101. :)
Edited by Verdel on 2/6/2013 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Like I said Verdel I am unsure how to fix the problem, but as I did mention it would hopefully be with one of Blizzard's "newer" servers to hopefully prevent too much attachment to the name, which seems to be the case with SC. Again I merely made the post to see what could come of it. But I do appreciate your comments. If you were Alliance you may see it a little bit differently (no insult intended).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
it is bad for business to lost 3 millon players :\ i don't know why they lost that many plays but i can't help to think this is part of the reason
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]