'ello 'ello 'ello!

90 Blood Elf Hunter
What is up ED, As you can tell I am from one of the (purposely not saying) server Moonguard. It has everything, and I mean everything... So I am going to transfer to a new server. I love to rp just as much as I love to pvp so I thought emerald dream must be the perfect server, but looks can be deceiving so I thought, why not go directly to the sources?

So ED (haha that sounds like something else....notty mind..)!! Please answer these quick questions as simple as possible!

Numero uno! What is the horde side like? RP wise? PVP wise? Guild genres wise? What are the local rp spots?

Numero dos! same question to the Alliance side!?!?

Last but certainly not least, the question you have all been waiting for!!!! Drum roll please!!
HORDE or ALLIANCE!?!?!?
I know I know, I probably just got half the server to start a whole heated debate and you probably are wondering to yourselves," Why would he ask such a question!!" and the answer to that is simple..... I'm not joining a server where the very core of the players can not defend their side!! So let the battle begin!! But don't forget to answer the first two question.

toodle loo Emerald dream, I'll be keeping an eye on you ;)
Edited by Celedrin on 2/5/2013 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
/e rubs butter on her nipples
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
/e rubs his chin

Interesting!! anyone else?!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
honest assessment? I played here for two years before moving to further my pve funsies. this server....is for one thing, and one thing only. wpvp. the RP here, while it exists, is nowhere near as plentiful as on MG or WrA. and some of the RP here is very inclusive, as are some of the horde side RP guilds. the pvp here is alright, its mostly wpvp mind you, and while there ARE arena and rbg centric guilds, they arent often known for their RP. I have some toons on this server to continue playing with my friends, but other than that I must say Im glad my main isnt here anymore. however, if you choose to join ED, best of luck to you, and I hope you have a thick skin because some people here can and will be downright nasty to you, for no other reason than "we can lol"
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Question 1 I suppose:

RP - generally guild centric with open events at least once a week. Many different RP guilds around going from The Tauren Marine Corps. and Clan Stormfist being Tauren and Orc centric, (respectively) only allowing those races in. To people like Gorwatha Warband accepting everyone but, well, you cause of the whole elf thing.

PvP wise its the basically the same as above. You have different guilds with different ideas doing different things. Dreadwaste here (shameless self promotion) has plenty of RPers as well as 2K + rated players always looking for some WPvP if were not already creating it. Then you have guilds like The Exodus who require a 2K rating to get in and focus on arenas and RBGs as well as WPvP. Where another, Warsong Battlion has little to no RPers, doesn't do much of the arena or RBGs, and well, everyone has their own opinion on top of that. The server has a whole though loves WPvP, and will respond to mostly anything, Horde and Alliance. (Exodar being an exception somehow)

RP spots? Silvermoon is one As someone has put before, or something along these lines "You can use a landshark with out hitting 15 elves and 7 troll rogues" Dalaran was, and still might be to an extent, but who ever is using it is a traitor and must be beheaded by the largest Tauren we can fly in. Thunder Bluff has something once in a while, and that really bout it, at least as much as I can think of.

Numero 2: Dont care, they can die in hole

3: See #2. blah blah, For the Sin'Dorie. The Blood Elves will rise again. Ya got da voodoo? May the Earthmother guide you. Yo ya gots some extra coin? Blood and Thunder. Glory to the Forsaken, so on and so forth.

Mainly, we all love our factions though some do switch around quite often. There is a major migration about every 2 years bringing a faction to power. Some die hards such as my self will never corrupt my computer with an Alliance (Dreanei exception though)

TLDR/best option: Start fresh, see how you like it first. Feel free to /w me in game.

Precaution though, and im trying to remain civilized here, Keep yo AIDs in goldshire or you (and probably your future guild) will be a the laughing stock of the server.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/05/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Imfernal
Some die hards such as my self will never corrupt my computer with an Alliance

QFT. I will NEVER roll alliance even if someone puts a gun to my head.
Reply Quote
inb4 Lifty

Server's full, sorry man.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/05/2013 11:42 PMPosted by Imfernal
Numero 2: Dont care, they can die in hole

Hmph. See if I ever talk you guys up again.

To the OP, it's honestly hard to answer your question in a way that'll be meaningful to you, I think. Me, I love Alliance-side RP (and Imfernal's completely irrational and heartbreaking hatred notwithstanding, I also love cross-faction RP). But what I love in RP may not be what you love in RP. Imfernal's suggestion to roll here before you server transfer is a good one. I don't think you can really get a feel for the community until you've been in it a little while.

Our tavern night (that is, the Devilclaw Outlaws') is in Duskwood at the Scarlet Raven most Tuesday evenings. Feel free to drop by! If you come on Alliance, we may even offer you a drink and be not entirely unfriendly. :D (OOC we're pretty friendly; IC we're a little leery of strangers, due to the whole being outlaws thing.) If you come on Horde, we'll...probably leave you alone unless you start killing people. Except trolls -- some of our members might /purr at you if you're a troll (you know, the race, not the griefer). Or Mordrok, apparently, I'm not quite clear on the Mordrok thing. No promises.

I know House Blackstone has a tavern night as well (ohgod, I can't remember what night -- Wednesdays?), and their guild is more an organized House with a top-down structure, I think? Eowynn would be able to say more about it. And there's GnomeTech, who do a lot of social events including an annual prom, and a bunch of race-specific guilds like The Päck, Clan Battlehammer, Sentinels of the Blade -- this is just a little sample of the Ally-side RP guilds.

So, what are you looking for in an RP community?

P.S. For godssake don't join Dreadwaste Defilers. They're a bunch of meanies.
P.P.S. J/k
P.P.P.S. Except for Imfernal, whom I will never rescue from a hole.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
P.S. For godssake don't join Dreadwaste Defilers. They're a bunch of meanies.
P.P.S. J/k
P.P.P.S. Except for Imfernal, whom I will never rescue from a hole.

Show me where the big bad Immy put his chaos bolt.

*ahem*

ED is not for the faint of heart. We eat our young. And our old. Soylent Green is the remains of people who come here thinking they're hot stuff and end up in the meat grinder like everyone else.

Personally, I love it here.

You should definitely try ED out before committing to a transfer, though. There have been people who regret the money they spent when they find that the community isn't what they expected, or the particular aspect of the game that they love is lacking in some way. You seem quirky, that might be a good thing. RP here may not be as abundant as on servers like WrA or MG, but we need more RPers who want to PvP, rather than a bunch of PvPers who tolerate RP (or worse, don't).

As to the third question... Red team is for winners. Lok'tar and all that, the Alliance is a bunch of milk-drinkers. If you're not dead-set on being a blood elf, there are lots of options open to you. If you are dead-set on being a blood elf... there are still lots of options, since we have the requisite five thousand different blood elf guilds. Just keep in mind that our RP community is a little balkanized at the moment, and wherever you choose to make your home you will probably be judged.
Edited by Livyani on 2/6/2013 7:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6572357586
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you're coming to RP and PVP then welcome. Horde, obv.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/06/2013 07:43 AMPosted by Livyani
Show me where the big bad Immy put his chaos bolt.

Alas, I don't think I've ever fought Imfernal. He only breaks my heart from far away. /sob
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
02/06/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Seyahat
Alas, I don't think I've ever fought Imfernal. He only breaks my heart from far away. /sob

We can fix that
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/05/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Silvermight
let's go to Goldshire to have a few drinks and talk about it.

I laughed, I would want to see him pull you to MG via CRZ and watch the hilarity ensue.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 05:04 AMPosted by Seyahat
(and Imfernal's completely irrational and heartbreaking hatred notwithstanding, I also love cross-faction RP).

:::shoves the Night Elf female out the window::::

What we're saying here is that cross-faction RP is usually in the form of "no this is my node," followed by a mob of allys flying in, countered by "FOR THE HORDE!" which usually ends up either some Gnome or Goblin ninja'ing said node.

You get out of it what you put into it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/06/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Dispelhope
some Gnome or Goblin ninja'ing said node.

ha
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Posted by Seyahat

We can fix that

It would be short but sweet, I expect - I'm absolute crap at PvP. (Can you say "crap" on the forum? I guess I'll find out.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/06/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Dispelhope
(and Imfernal's completely irrational and heartbreaking hatred notwithstanding, I also love cross-faction RP).

:::shoves the Night Elf female out the window::::

D:

Ahem. As you can see, not everyone shares my neighborly attitude.

*dusts self off*
*staggers away*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Home to some great artists too.

http://i.imgur.com/aQRQbwS.png
Edited by Vidrago on 2/6/2013 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]