BF in 5.2

90 Undead Warlock
So, now we get a fear thats good once every minute and a half and if we use it it's like getting hit for 25k health too? What's this suppose to be? A test? If you pick this talent then, we know, your an idiot. Wow, what a rework.
gj
Edited by Liphar on 2/6/2013 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Didn't you say you were quitting and had cancelled your subscription more than a month ago?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It is now a Horror and not a Fear so it does not DR with your fear. It also does not replace fear so its like getting an extra cc. It also has a 30 second cool down, so its good 3 times in a minute and half, not 1. Any melee can do a ton more than 25k damage in that time frame that they would be ccd. For strict defensive purposes the talent isn't so bad.

here is the ptr wowhead link:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=111397
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm enjoying the current version more than BF on live. It's nice being able to keep warriors off you for a few more seconds, even when they have BR up.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
So the way it reads on the PTR is that it is an eternal melee shield. Lasts 1 min, 30 second cooldown and horrifies on every melee attack without being consumed?

I don't expect it to survive in this form very long. The warriors, pallies, dks, hunters and rogues would not be too happy that they can't hit us.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
02/06/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Liphar
ahhhh, now that sounds, not too bad, it said 1 charge so i thought it was used up when hit once. in destro do they give you fear if you take it now?

Maybe the cooldown is after the minute...
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Dilute
It is now a Horror and not a Fear so it does not DR with your fear.
Presumably it DR's with Mortal Coil though? I use MC a lot in the arena when going for a kill because it doesn't seem to break with damage.

I'm curious as to how you're finding PvP. Without BF our CC chains are going to have to be incredably well timed to keep a healer from bringing someone back up to full, or have a mage just freeze you in place and kill you...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This new bf will suck. it's not getting another cc it's taking away a 10 sec cd cc and replacing it with a 30 sec one except this bf does nothing against casters. it's crap no matter how you look at it.

I hate to tell you but locks needed a offensive cc. I don't give a damn what blizz blew up you skirt, that you believe.

A lot of you locks judge pvp by arenas, which is 1 small part of this game. besides arena is combos and crap. This whole pvp mess started when blizz stopped looking at classes as individual ones in pvp and went the combo route. worst decision of the pvp side of this game.

bf will still be garbage unless blizz takes away cc's from the other classes and i don't see that in any meaningful way atm.
Edited by Liphar on 2/6/2013 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
So the way it reads on the PTR is that it is an eternal melee shield. Lasts 1 min, 30 second cooldown and horrifies on every melee attack without being consumed?

I don't expect it to survive in this form very long. The warriors, pallies, dks, hunters and rogues would not be too happy that they can't hit us.

It has 1 charge.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Can i get 2 charges of blood horror between the 30 seconds of cooldown and the 1 minute of the buff duration?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
BF will be decent against melee that want to stick to you endlessly. Imagine having it up when a rogue opens on you - 3sec garrote oh no jk you're horrified for 4 sec. Or imagine it when a warrior warbringer charges you - 3 sec warbringer oh no JK horrified for 4 sec. Or imagine it when a DK grips you in - closed the gap oh no jk horrified for 4 sec. Or imagine it when a druid pounces you - pounced oh no jk horrified for 4 sec. Or imagine it when an enh shaman frost shock roots you to close the gap - oh no jk horrified for 4 sec. Or imagine when a monk FSKs to you to close the gap - oh no jk horrified for 4 sec. Or imagine when a paladin stuns you - 5 sec stun oh no jk horrified for 4 sec.

And to the poster above me - good question, not sure the charges stack. Doesn't seem like to me they would but you never know!
Edited by Screwtapina on 2/6/2013 1:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The buff really needs to be immune to dispels or the DK, Hunter or Shaman will just remove it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/06/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Liphar
If you pick this talent then, we know, your an idiot.

we know, your an idiot.

your an idiot.

your

your
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

I hate to tell you but locks needed a offensive cc.

I'm happy to inform you that locks have offensive CC even when bf gets changed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]