The Dark Portal

90 Undead Rogue
I want to know about the statues on its sides. Do they resemble anyone/anything?
Reply Quote
I don't believe so, they show up in Nagrand and some other places - used to be in Beggar's Haunt - I guess they're just there to look cool and imposing.
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Monk
I always just assumed it was No Heart from Care Bears.
Edited by Rilifane on 2/6/2013 11:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
My theory is Gul'dan designed them based on Medivh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/06/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Dreignei
My theory is Gul'dan designed them based on Medivh.

That's what I figure.

Orc was receiving telepathic instructions from Medivh through the Nether. It's almost kind of symbolic....a big portal, with two humans "guarding" the entrance to the world of the humans.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well the first portal was destroyed in Beyond the Dark Portal that one was built by Illidan to escape too outland.
Edited by Nathreim on 2/6/2013 12:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/06/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Nathreim
Well the first portal was destroyed in Beyond the Dark Portal that one was built by Illidan to escape too outland.
Kazzak, not Illidan.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Kazzak, not Illidan.

That's right Illidan's portal for himself and his allies was temporary my memory on the issue has run together.
Edited by Nathreim on 2/6/2013 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

No, the Azeroth-side portal was destroyed at the end of Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, but it was rebuilt by the Horde in Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal.

Illidan and Kazzak didn't build it.
Edited by Ximothy on 2/6/2013 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
They don't resemble anything but cool. In Rise of the Horde it is just something Medivh showed Gul'dan.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's possible they represent something or someone within the Twisting Nether, but it's never been properly addressed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I'll have to double check but I think in RotH it's mentioned not even the orcs know what they are.

I still stand by my Medivh theory.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
the statues are next to many portals, and the alter of storms i think. i think they are some kind of legion based thing rather than being an orc thing.

like in Narggrad there is the "secret" legion portal that has the statues next to it, as do several other inactive portals.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The Black Temple is full of them.
Reply Quote
They looked like the death knights from WC2.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/07/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Searik
They looked like the death knights from WC2.
And were it not for the fact that the statues were built before the death knights were created, that theory might explain it.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 2/7/2013 9:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just saying, it was probably just a cosmetic thing made back in the day for that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Possibly... I'm trying to remember if those statues were ever seen pre-BtDP or not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]