LFD loot

100 Orc Hunter
This is good, this is good so far.

Now, my question must be asked. When you run into someone with differing views from your own, how do you react? Why do you react in such a manner?
I tell them they have the SAME chance to win gear for their class as everyone else in an LFD group does, and that if they want MORE of a chance to win gear for their class then everyone else in any group they are in, then they have the option to form their own groups and be the Master Looter if they can find players who want them to have MORE of a chance to win gear then everyone else in the group.
Edited by Zaxan on 2/6/2013 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman

Now, my question must be asked. When you run into someone with differing views from your own, how do you react? Why do you react in such a manner?
I tell them they have the SAME chance to win gear for their class as everyone else in an LFD group does, and that if they want MORE of a chance to win gear for their class then everyone else in any group they are in, the can form their own groups and be the Master Looter.

You must get vote kicked a lot ;). Just kidding by the way.
Edited by Jujubiju on 2/6/2013 4:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I tell them they have the SAME chance to win gear for their class as everyone else in an LFD group does, and that if they want MORE of a chance to win gear for their class then everyone else in any group they are in, the can form their own groups and be the Master Looter.

You must get vote kicked a lot ;).
Oh, you mean in LFD groups? I never talk in those, hell, I turned chat off in those long ago. I don't do drama in game, only in forums. =P

And nope, I have yet to be kicked from any LFD group.

Why would anyone kick someone from an LFD group who does high dps and makes runs go fast? =P
Edited by Zaxan on 2/6/2013 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Very rarely happens but last time it did the healer got mad at me and threatened to leave if I didn't hand over the trinket and I pointed out that I won the fair roll and if he wanted to leave that was fine with me but as I needed the trinket for my healing set I wasn't handing it over. He left. We got new healer and finished the run.

Only other one that stands out in my mind was the shield in HoR when I got kicked after winning the roll cause I wouldn't hand it over to the tank when I got assigned the role of DPS (with checking off tank and DPS in the queue). I just enchanted / equipped my new shield and carried on to a heroic glad I didn't have to keep running that place.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Now now, this is not the place for such accusations. Juju, I run the same question to you. When you run into someone who shares a different view than yours, what is your reaction?

Zax, how do you treat those in your group? Just roll and ignore? Ask first then roll? Is your stance absolute, or do you make exceptions?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

Now now, this is not the place for such accusations. Juju, I run the same question to you. When you run into someone who shares a different view than yours, what is your reaction?

Zax, how do you treat those in your group? Just roll and ignore? Ask first then roll? Is your stance absolute, or do you make exceptions?

Oh, you mean in LFD groups? I never talk in those, hell, I turned chat off in those long ago. I don't do drama in game, only in forums. =P

And nope, I have yet to be kicked from any LFD group.

Why would anyone kick someone from an LFD group who does high dps and makes runs go fast? =P
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Why would anyone kick someone who does high dps and makes runs go fast? =P

You'd be surprised. I've actually seen people vote kick the highest dps before- but a lot of that was because they were pulling other shenanigans or not bothering to use misdirect knowing their burst would get aggro.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
02/06/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Jujubiju
Why would anyone kick someone who does high dps and makes runs go fast? =P

You'd be surprised. I've actually seen people vote kick the highest dps before- but a lot of that was because they were pulling other shenanigans or not bothering to use misdirect knowing their burst would get aggro.
If I am making the runs go fast, apparently im not causing wipes or deaths.
02/06/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Zaxan
I have yet to be kicked from any LFD group.
Edited by Zaxan on 2/6/2013 4:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
02/06/2013 04:41 PMPosted by Senoria
When you run into someone who shares a different view than yours, what is your reaction?

Pretty rarely run into that as most people still go by MS>OS from my observations. Though the only time I call someone out is if they are a mage/lock rolling on a healing trinket.

Every once in a blue moon, if it's a drop I wanted to replace and someone rolls need for offspec- I'll send them a polite tell, link what I have to them and ask if they'll trade.

I don't make a huge fuss about it and I don't bug them in party chat (unless it's glaringly obvious the item was not statted for them).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/06/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Zaxan

02/06/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Zaxan
I have yet to be kicked from any LFD group.

Lets stay on topic people. Personally, I have no objections to his stance so far. Do you need on things you don't need? Such as, you have better by far, but simply need on it to DE or vendor?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

Lets stay on topic people. Personally, I have no objections to his stance so far. Do you need on things you don't need? Such as, you have better by far, but simply need on it to DE or vendor?
02/06/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Zaxan
gear up my class
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/06/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Jujubiju
I don't make a huge fuss about it and I don't bug them in party chat (unless it's glaringly obvious the item was not statted for them).

I would imagine you speak of trinkets with on healing effects or Strength users rolling on AGI items and vice versa, yes?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/06/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Jujubiju
Every once in a blue moon

I hate to break this to you, but in Azeroth, since the return of the Blue Child, that's EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

/lorenut

On Earth, though, that idiom does mean what you think it means.
Reply Quote
Really Bliz should just make LFD loot personal like LFR and then get the "role select" UI they keep talking about in place and use it for both LFR and LFD.

This way you can queue any role but still gear out your character for any of the specs you prefer without hindering the group(lookin at you dps who queue as healers=/).

PS - -Achievement Unlocked!- Dead Horse Beaten.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I, too, conform to the MS > OS code of etiquette. I usually heal dungeons, so I take my DPS set as off-set.

I go by this set of rules:
(Assume the item in question is Hit/Int Staff)
1) Everyone rolls Pass. It is an upgrade for me, I roll Need and win.
2) Mage rolls Need. Seeing as it is his MS, I pass.
-----The exception to this is if someone else rolls against the mage, clearly for OS (say, a feral druid.) I will roll Need FOR the mage and if I win, give the item to the mage.
3) Anyone who can use this as a MS upgrade passes, but someone clearly rolls for OS (again, assume a feral druid). I roll Need as well seeing that it, too, is my OS.

However, when someone clearly doesn't care about MS > OS, then I'll play by their game. An example that stands out in my mind is I was tanking on my druid with a monk healer. He rolled and won Agi leather. I asked, "Could I please have that? I still have a 437 questing green." He declined, saying it was for his DPS spec. Ok, that's fine - I'll just gear up my healing set, too! When an Int staff dropped, I rolled need for it and won. He didn't complain, he didn't ask for it, because I think he knew that he set the precedent of how others behave in regards to loot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
PS - -Achievement Unlocked!- Dead Horse Beaten.

You were warned about the dead horse. He was not a surprise.

02/06/2013 05:05 PMPosted by Enigo
Really Bliz should just make LFD loot personal like LFR and then get the "role select" UI they keep talking about in place and use it for both LFR and LFD.

You stated your opinion. Now, why do you feel this way?
Reply Quote
91 Troll Druid
I am ONLY bothered if other people roll need if they CANNOT actually use it (as in the stat) or even wield it.
But if you can use it for your OS and need it as much as I do for my MS then whatevs.

edit for clarity
Edited by Michbelly on 2/6/2013 5:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

another bad idea. With LFR it's once per week and you know what dungeon you are getting and what drops. With random LFD groups you do not. This would still cause the problem you mentioned.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Bliz should just make LFD loot personal like LFR
They already did - Scenarios use a modded LFR loot system, queue up for them if you want to use it
Edited by Zaxan on 2/6/2013 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
78 Night Elf Druid
If the dice are there we should roll need. Who doesn't need money? You can always sell it.
Edited by Clatara on 2/6/2013 5:22 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]