LFD loot

90 Draenei Shaman
It's as simple as a small town. If you don't like the color of a house, the way they keep their lawn or what kind of music they listen to, as long as they don't break any rules, you can't do anything about them. Except... not interact with them.
Or move to the big city.

I will need what I need for my character. Most of the time I am nice about it, but sometimes, if I have been after a certain item for a long time, I will roll need regardless
Good for you. I think the key here is to be nice about it. Personally I don't like the drama so I adhere to the MS > OS rule. That being said, I roll first and ask questions later. If I rolled need for that spirit trinket on my shadow priest and beat the healer out for it I relinquish it even before they ask. Otherwise you're standing there for several minutes asking, "Do you need it do you need it do you need it????" In the meantime the tank is pulling mobs left and right and eventually the roll opportunity passes you up and you're completely out of luck. This way in the worst case you just apologize, claim you misclicked, and hand the item over. To be honest, with the Sha drops and the daily/rep rewards most of the LFD gear is crap anyways. The only reason I even run dungeons anymore is to supplement my valor.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
If they take it for another spec or what is called ninjaing and i do have need of it i will ask for it. i will also ask them not to ninja.

And you will find yourself on ignore so fast you will wonder what happened.

Getting tired of saying this: losing a need roll in a dungeon is not a "ninja" issue, and you are more than welcome to take it to Blizz if you like.

If I rolled need for that spirit trinket on my shadow priest and beat the healer out for it I relinquish it even before they ask.

Why? Spirit is a needed stat for spriests as well as healers.
Edited by Zhenogre on 2/7/2013 12:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
42 Pandaren Monk
LFD has one simple thing when it comes to loot, no common decency nor respect for your fellow player. MS before OS is a simple rule for those who arent those gimme gimme gimme spoiled brats who think just because the need button lights up, they are deserving of the item. Why do you think theres that joke about all weapons being hunter weapons? Because there were tons of hunters with the gimme gimme disease trying to get their grubby mitts on melee weapons to use as stat sticks. Then it was a serious offense, today its nothing more than a joke or meme to laugh about.

With the advent of LFG tools, people have lost their ability to treat their fellow players with any sort of respect, since its now all anon. Gone are the days when you acted like a toolbag one too many times, youd get blacklisted for your antisocial behaviour and had to either re-roll or simply go to another server because no one wanted to play with you. Today, you can simply flip the bird to common decency and go "U mad bro", laughing it off as you NEED on everything but the kitchen sink. Why? Because your parents "Blizz" dont feel like slapping your hand to show you that you are a spoiled little brat, regardless of your actual age.

Thats my two copper, spend it as you like.

/leaves.
Edited by Reishii on 2/7/2013 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
02/07/2013 12:58 AMPosted by Reishii
no common decency nor respect for your fellow player
it is neither decent nor respectful to demand other players simply give you their earned equal chance at loot they helped make drop that they can also use in the same way you can use

it is decent and respectful for you to roll the dice equally along with other players who helped make loot drop that you and they can use in the same ways, the dice rolls (not you) thereby unbiasedly and fairly determining which players have the right to use the loot
Edited by Zaxan on 2/7/2013 1:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
LFD has one simple thing when it comes to loot, no common decency nor respect for your fellow player. MS before OS is a simple rule for those who arent those gimme gimme gimme spoiled brats who think just because the need button lights up, they are deserving of the item.

MS/OS is not a rule, never has been, and has zero validity and standing.

Show me in the ToS or ToU where it is even mentioned

Why do you think theres that joke about all weapons being hunter weapons? Because there were tons of hunters with the gimme gimme disease trying to get their grubby mitts on melee weapons to use as stat sticks. Then it was a serious offense, today its nothing more than a joke or meme to laugh about.

"Serious offence?" What did you want to do..arrest them?

That has to be the most ludicrous statement I have ever seen.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
and the other half is a bunch of whiny selfish jackwagons who care nothing for anyone else and will do ANYTHING to screw others over.

I am sorry you feel that way, however, that is not what Blizzard has laid down as the LFD loot rules. If we were to follow every "player made rule" that people could come up with there'd be chaos.

No flying mounts.

All servers flagged as pvp.

Gear and raids for the "elite few"

People being ordered to beg permission to get equipment they need and then required to justify that need to some stranger who puts themselves as a self appointed arbitrator.

Dungeons restricted to those deemed "worthy" with gear inspections and people thrown out for not being "elite".

Mounts restricted to the "elite" who then parade in SW as they used to do so the "scrubs and bads" could sit there and admire them in their sartorial splendour.

Lets put it another way: Not a chance in hell would I tolerate that kind of self righteous arrogance. I and many others would quit rather than be subjected to the capricious whim of others over our gameplay based on their nebulous "moral code" which would change every single day.

This "do as you are told or I will kick you" is yet another example of players thinking they are judge and jury, and in all truth, I am not so slowly getting sick to death of it.

They are not "your raid" or "your group" it is not "your gear".

Blizzard makes the rules. Not you.

The LFD rules are need before greed, plain and simple.

Abide by that or make your own group.

The end.
Edited by Zhenogre on 2/7/2013 4:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
02/07/2013 12:18 AMPosted by Corahn
With the introduction of LFR came a redefinition of the loot distribution mindset. The MS>OS priority is a thing of the past. New instance finder - new rules.

Actually it was long before that. During classic everyone rolled for one spec because that was all they had. Once we got a second spec that stopped as we no longer had a single spec.

MS>OS makes sense in organized raids and nothing more.

I have never used that when running 5-mans even before the introduction of looking for dungeon. I know nobody that did. Once we all got dual spec we all realized that we needed to gear up two specs in case we needed to switch at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
My LFD loot priority is;

1. Disenchanting, if Blizzard feels obliged to just hand out MY mats I auto-disenchant in dungeons, I'm going to need on YOUR gear to replace my mats again.

2. Off spec, because you will replace your main spec soon enough in LFR or normal raids

3. Transmog, it's always important to look your best

4. Gold, if the tank causes me to wipe at all because he doesn't know how to wait for heals or chain pulls half the dungeon, I'm needing on his gear to pay my repair bills.

5. Finally main spec is last.
Edited by Krankheit on 2/7/2013 5:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/07/2013 05:34 AMPosted by Erras
Disenchanting, if Blizzard feels obliged to just hand out MY mats I auto-disenchant in dungeons, I'm going to need on YOUR gear to replace my mats again.

Really now? Blizzard takes mats out of your bag and gives it to other players on a whim?

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that when skinners or miners use their profession in a dungeon I get a shot at their mats, oh yeah, I don't.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
02/07/2013 05:35 AMPosted by Krankheit

Really now? Blizzard takes mats out of your bag and gives it to other players on a whim?

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that when skinners or miners use their profession in a dungeon I get a shot at their mats, oh yeah, I don't.

I didn't realize when skinning and mining got to actually make stuff from their profession as well as farm materials.

Enchanting is the only Gathering and Crafting profession in the game. Make disenchanting it's own profession then you can compare it to other gathering professions.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There has been a lot of debate about LFD loot. MS>OS

In general it doesn't bother me at all.

I did twitch a slight bit when a bear tank that was in full epics needed on a agi trink which his was much better already. I didn't say anything but I did think I let out a sigh haha.

Also, as a hunter I see NEED light up a lot... and when I look at the gear Strength... like ALL THE TIME! I never need on it but it would upset me if I was a STR user and some hunter needed on my STR sword haha.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/07/2013 05:40 AMPosted by Erras
I actually fundamentally agree with you on the auto-DE issue, but needing on gear because of it is just stupid. I also realize there is a difference between enchanting (with DE built in) and skinning (which is a stand alone profession). Also, the auto-DE essentially saves literally everyone a lot of hassle in the end.

Thanks, actually the auto DE thing is an issue I've had since it was first brought in, but don't take my post too seriously. I mean really, look at the rest of my order for LFD loot, did anyone think I was serious at all?

1. Disenchanting, if Blizzard feels obliged to just hand out MY mats I auto-disenchant in dungeons, I'm going to need on YOUR gear to replace my mats again.

2. Off spec, because you will replace your main spec soon enough in LFR or normal raids

4. Gold, if the tank causes me to wipe at all because he doesn't know how to wait for heals or chain pulls half the dungeon, I'm needing on his gear to pay my repair bills.

Edited by Krankheit on 2/7/2013 5:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
69 Pandaren Monk
My LFD loot priority is;

I see what you did there :)
Reply Quote
69 Pandaren Monk
I see this as a very simple solution, I usually tank or heal with my wife handling the other. All my queue's were instant in Cata. If it is an upgrade for my current spec then I ask politely if I can have the drop as it will make me a better Tank\Healer which is my MS. I will queue and wait as DPS if those are the items I want. If I do not get this consideration as I was happy to tank or heal for the group then we leave and instantly start a new dungeon. Problem solved.

I don't roll on DPS unless I queue as DPS, I believe you should roll on loot as pertains to the job you are doing. I don't need to make you play my way, I will just follow my choices and let you have yours. Plenty of groups available.
Edited by Arkhangel on 2/7/2013 6:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
HoP
I think it should be change to give you more than the existing 3 options (Need, Greed or D/E, Pass)

My opinion and how I feel it should be changed is (in priority order):

1) Need MS/Spec When You Entered Dungeon/Current Role
2) Need OS/2nd Spec
3) Need OOS/3rd Spec
4) Greed or D/E
5) Pass

This would solve 99.9% of "loot drama" in LFD. Yes people would have to make sure they switch specs before zoning in, but I don't think that would be a big issue and if it was they could just increase the timeout on the removed from queue feature.

Now when I'm running dungeons if I see someone needing on everything that drops I will either ask them why they are doing so (if I'm in a good mood) or just vote kick them (usually the latter). I've seen so many people take stuff from those who truly need it (myself included) that I have little patience/tolerance for people needing it to vendor or the like.

Here's an example. A week or 2 ago I was running a dungeon on one of my alts and this dude was needing everything that dropped including greens. I asked why and he said to send to his alts. I told him that needing on BOEs soulbinds them (to that toon) and he seemed surprised and claimed he had just come back to the game the day before. I didn't kick him because I was tired and just wanted to get the dungeon over with, but any other time I probably would have w/o even asking. Needing just because, to vendor, or to send to an alt (prior to the soulbind change) is just a jerk move IMO.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]