Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

72 Human Warrior
The fact that there are other things to do in game doesn't change the fact that this is bait-and-switch.

If you want pay to be lied to, to be given false incentive to do content you've already completed, then by all means, put mom's credit card in and charge away.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Weird to see a thread about a mount not being common enough. I'm not one for conspiracies, but I'd love for the reason behind low Heavenly Onyx Serpents to be that:
1. They have a maddeningly low drop rate
and
2. Most people who do have them dont have the cloud serpent skill.
That idea just tickles me.
90 Draenei Hunter
Well crud....
if its not actually able to drop as evidence would point to I'm pretty miffed about it, I run sha and use a coin almost every week in an attempt to get the mount, only reason I do sha is cause I want the mount... -.-

Really bloody cruel Blizzard...
If its a bug and you fix it I shall forgive you.
90 Draenei Priest
The fact that there are other things to do in game doesn't change the fact that this is bait-and-switch.

If you want pay to be lied to, to be given false incentive to do content you've already completed, then by all means, put mom's credit card in and charge away.

its frankly dumb to think they did this on purpose. if the mount doesn't drop its because of a bug
100 Blood Elf Paladin

People really need to learn what "bait and switch" actually means.

This is nothing more or less than a programming oversight - that is assuming the drop rate isn't just abysmally low.
90 Tauren Priest

Same thing for Son of Galleon's Saddle. Seriously, something isn't right here.

like how you murder Galleon, and then capture his son and force him to give rides to the man (or woman) who killed his father? Oh you're talking about the drop rate and not the ethical dilemma of owning this mount

LOL - thanks for the laugh :) Going to put a new spin everytime I mount up my Alani or Ony mounts now...

"Giddy up! No? Remember who the hell killed your father/mother damnit!... there.. that wasn't so hard was it?"
90 Orc Death Knight

I'm not sure if lying out of ignorance can really be called lying. I don't think they were trying to deceive the playerbase into working for something unattainable. It was just oversight
91 Orc Hunter
Weird to see a thread about a mount not being common enough. I'm not one for conspiracies, but I'd love for the reason behind low Heavenly Onyx Serpents to be that:
1. They have a maddeningly low drop rate
and
2. Most people who do have them dont have the cloud serpent skill.
That idea just tickles me.
I'm not sure how much more evidence you need.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have to say, I would find it pretty funny if there are a handful of people with the mount sitting in their bags who are just too lazy to do dailies to get the required riding skill.
100 Night Elf Druid

My Soothe ability seemed to work on this guy during post 167. Is there a hunter anywhere with tranquilizing shot? I want to try something stronger.
90 Draenei Priest
02/07/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Cerylidae
I have to say, I would find it pretty funny if there are a handful of people with the mount sitting in their bags who are just too lazy to do dailies to get the required riding skill.

it only takes like 8-9 days to get the rep for it I don't think every person that got this mount (if any ever have) are too lazy to farm the rep to use it
72 Human Warrior
People really need to learn what "bait and switch" actually means.

This is nothing more or less than a programming oversight - that is assuming the drop rate isn't just abysmally low.

It doesn't fit the standard definition, but it's close enough for you to understand what I'm getting at.

And the data presented strongly suggests this is not an issue of low drop rates.

02/07/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Pwnjuice
I'm not sure if lying out of ignorance can really be called lying. I don't think they were trying to deceive the playerbase into working for something unattainable. It was just oversight

"Just an oversight" isn't going to give me my time or coins spent back.

This is the point where I give up.
90 Human Rogue
/tinfoilhat

These mounts will be enabled in 5.2 to encourage people to still kill Sha and Galleon every week to help out the crowd of alts that will inevitably be looking (unsuccessfully) for Sha kills.

Although I'm most troubled by the fact that a blue poster said outright that you could coin this mount currently.
Edited by Daltin on 2/7/2013 12:18 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid

"Just an oversight" isn't going to give me my time or coins spent back.

This is the point where I give up.
I have to agree with this. I spend a coin weekly for this mount. Id like my lesser charms back please. I even wasted one this week, hoping maaaybe there was a stealth increase.

But nope. Every day my finger moves coser to the unsub button.
90 Draenei Priest
/tinfoilhat

These mounts will be enabled in 5.2 to encourage people to still kill Sha and Galleon every week to help out the crowd of alts that will inevitably be looking (unsuccessfully) for Sha kills.

Although I'm most troubled by the fact that a blue poster said outright that you could coin this mount currently.

do u have a link to where a blue said the coin can give the mount and not just saying that coins pull from boss loot table
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm going to throw these out for reference, since someone already talked about these pages:
Son of Galleon's Saddle
http://www.wowhead.com/item=89783

Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent
http://www.wowhead.com/item=87771

You will note that a couple people on the official page will claim to have them. Their profile says otherwise. Not a whole lot of other comments; just misinformation.
90 Human Rogue
/tinfoilhat

do u have a link to where a blue said the coin can give the mount and not just saying that coins pull from boss loot table

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/258239665948209152

"It depends on the mount"

Considering there are only 3 possible mounts you can coin, this could also be interpreted as him saying "Only Elegon". However, you'll never know if someone lied about actually coining the Astral Cloud Serpent.

There are just as many people on wowhead that claim they have coined the Heavenly Serpent from Sha, as have claimed they've coined the Elegon Mount.

Sift through the comments and there are GMs that say it's possible to coin the mounts also.
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/06/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Sedris
Obviously you have to be an rng god to get those mounts. How else would blizz make money if they didn't have impossible to get mounts in the game that people only pay a monthly subscription to try to get.

So I sat here for a good five minutes trying to understand the logic behind these post without automatically thinking the posters were trolls, bitter about something, or had their tinfoil hats on to tight.

God help me, I can't connect the dots.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]