Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

100 Night Elf Druid
Only one has ever been looted and it was off the PTR which is why wowhead shows that one drop. Otherwise none have been acquired at all. It is in everyone's interest these mounts get their drop rates fixed.
90 Blood Elf Mage
Wonder how many threads it will take to get a Blue response? Two, three, fifteen....come on Blizz. Silence on the subject is damning when there are so many requests for answers.
90 Tauren Paladin
keeping this bumped
90 Blood Elf Paladin
huzzah

for mount justice
90 Gnome Warlock
it will take aslong as it takes for them to come up with a good answer
55 Orc Death Knight
/support
90 Undead Warlock
Bump. Would like to know if these are obtainable, the mounts are the only reason I get my coins every week for the lucky bonus rolls. Sha and Elegon every week, Galleon when I can.
Edited by Gothitelle on 2/7/2013 2:10 AM PST
posting to keep track.... This is getting ridiculous, we want answers please!!!
90 Orc Death Knight
/tinfoilhat

These mounts will be enabled in 5.2 to encourage people to still kill Sha and Galleon every week to help out the crowd of alts that will inevitably be looking (unsuccessfully) for Sha kills.

Although I'm most troubled by the fact that a blue poster said outright that you could coin this mount currently.

do u have a link to where a blue said the coin can give the mount and not just saying that coins pull from boss loot table

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/258239665948209152

"It depends on the mount"

Considering there are only 3 possible mounts you can coin, this could also be interpreted as him saying "Only Elegon". However, you'll never know if someone lied about actually coining the Astral Cloud Serpent.

There are just as many people on wowhead that claim they have coined the Heavenly Serpent from Sha, as have claimed they've coined the Elegon Mount.

Sift through the comments and there are GMs that say it's possible to coin the mounts also.

Honestly… as upset as I was to find out my time and coins were wasted, I found it mildly amusing Blizzard screwed up and bugged the drop rates.

HOWEVER, if in fact the above quote is true, and “These mounts will be enabled in 5.2 to encourage people to still kill Sha and Galleon” I’m going to be utterly infuriated. I’ve never found the need to post my QQ on the forums but this goes above and beyond unscrupulous. Blizzard fully knew people were using coins every week to attain these mounts… They knew that people were killing it on several alts JUST to get these mounts. If in fact they were waiting until 5.2, then it means they (Blizzard) sat there quietly, saying nothing, just to keep their crappy world bosses alive and relevant. They knew if they exposed their ruse these bosses wouldn’t even make it to 5.2 without being all but forgotten. They pretended there was a carrot at the end of the stick to trick players into keeping these bosses relevant and Sha kills consistent for new players and alts.

Whether a Blue lied about its current existence or they merely allowed this misinformation to continue, they knew people were wasting time and coins every week on the unattainable making it equally wrong. If it comes to pass that they were truly waiting until 5.2 and chose to say nothing, I will lose a significant amount of respect for blizzard.

I really don’t want to hear an excuse from Blizzard Blues attempting to justify their actions. If the above is true, they know what they did; own up to it, say you’re sorry, and wait for the community to get over it. Inevitably though, in true blizzard fashion, they will find a way to avoid taking any responsibility.

-50 dkp blizzard
Edited by Hirakö on 2/7/2013 2:20 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Mage
huzzah

for mount justice

/woot!

\(^_^)/

Edit for the cute little emoticon ^_^
Edited by Emeraldleigh on 2/7/2013 2:14 AM PST
93 Troll Death Knight
02/07/2013 02:12 AMPosted by Hirakö
Whether a Blue lied about its current existence or they merely allowed this misinformation to continue, they knew people were wasting time and coins every week on the unattainable making it equally wrong.

This is a key point. You don't have to lie to be dishonest. Manipulating someone into or allowing someone to continue believing something that isn't true to your benefit is dishonest, whether or not you actually outright lied.
55 Orc Death Knight
Honestly… as upset as I was to find out my time and coins were wasted, I found it mildly amusing Blizzard screwed up and bugged the drop rates.

HOWEVER, if in fact the above quote is true, and “These mounts will be enabled in 5.2 to encourage people to still kill Sha and Galleon” I’m going to be utterly infuriated. I’ve never found the need to post my QQ on the forums but this goes above and beyond unscrupulous. Blizzard fully knew people were using coins every week to attain these mounts… They knew that people were killing it on several alts JUST to get these mounts. If in fact they were waiting until 5.2, then it means they (Blizzard) sat there quietly, saying nothing, just to keep their crappy world bosses alive and relevant. They knew if they exposed their ruse these bosses wouldn’t even make it to 5.2 without being all but forgotten. They pretended there was a carrot at the end of the stick to trick players into keeping these bosses relevant and Sha kills consistent for new players and alts.

Whether a Blue lied about its current existence or they merely allowed this misinformation to continue, they knew people were wasting time and coins every week on the unattainable making it equally wrong. If it comes to pass that they were truly waiting until 5.2 and chose to say nothing, I will lose a significant amount of respect for blizzard.

I really don’t want to hear an excuse from Blizzard Blues attempting to justify their actions. If the above is true, they know what they did; own up to it, say you’re sorry, and wait for the community to get over it. Inevitably though, in true blizzard fashion, they will find a way to avoid taking any responsibility.

-50 dkp blizzard

Amen brother.
90 Gnome Mage
They clearly would have seen and read both posts by now. i would imagine they are running loot sims on the world bosses atm.... and seeing if they can get the mount to drop before responding to this.

They will eventually either post here saying.... we have tested it and found no problems.... or more likely we have found an issue with the loot system and are currently working on a fix asap.

But good to know thank you to original OP i will spend no more coins doing sha.... nor will i even bother killing him... you are free to go home to your family sha, they miss you!
90 Human Hunter
Well, like I said in the last thread, I've seen the galleon mount with my own eyes (horde side). Though after reading all of this I'm wondering if it was a hack (it was in the valley, only a few weeks after MoP's release, so it could have been a hacker/botter I guess).

I don't play horde but I have a low lvl in Org, I'll log in occasionally and see if he pops up on it again. If I can get a screenie I'll post it.

Galleon mount in the Valley? It could have been that horn item.

That would explain it then. That's why I qualified the statement with "unless".. :p

In which case, I haven't seen either mount live then. Very odd. Maybe it is bugged?

Edit: Or on purpose. Wouldn't suprise me tbh.
Edited by Acyl on 2/7/2013 2:32 AM PST
90 Gnome Mage
I would like to see Blizzard hand out a 1 time loot bag to all characters that have killed sha atleast 10 times, that has the proper chance for either a galleon or sha mount drop... no loot just a one shot chance at the mount we should have had a chance at.
100 Orc Death Knight
There is also a number of other water strider models in the database, along with a http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/87784 which imo looks way better then the ones you can currently buy. Seems they like to make mounts, and not make them available
Edited by Josiiah on 2/7/2013 3:00 AM PST
90 Pandaren Hunter
They clearly would have seen and read both posts by now. i would imagine they are running loot sims on the world bosses atm.... and seeing if they can get the mount to drop before responding to this.

They will eventually either post here saying.... we have tested it and found no problems.... or more likely we have found an issue with the loot system and are currently working on a fix asap.

But good to know thank you to original OP i will spend no more coins doing sha.... nor will i even bother killing him... you are free to go home to your family sha, they miss you!

They constantly stated that they keep a look on all statistics of the game. I see no way that NO ONE noticed up until now that NONE of those mounts EVER dropped.

They KNEW that those mounts don't drop. We can't say if they know why, and the reason of being silent about it, but one thing that is clear to any person with half-a-brain is that it would come to the light of the day sooner or later.

And they are hurting their reputation by leaving it carry on this way.
90 Undead Warlock
agreed they do not exist, sha or gal mounts. ill help post til the color blues come
90 Blood Elf Mage
They constantly stated that they keep a look on all statistics of the game. I see no way that NO ONE noticed up until now that NONE of those mounts EVER dropped.

They KNEW that those mounts don't drop. We can't say if they know why, and the reason of being silent about it, but one thing that is clear to any person with half-a-brain is that it would come to the light of the day sooner or later.

And they are hurting their reputation by leaving it carry on this way.

They are definitely hurting their reputation by being silent. By not responding, they are leaving room for negative interpretation. If they made a mistake, they should just come out and say it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]