Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

90 Undead Rogue
Had someone in raid chat say they won the Sha mount Tuesday afternoon, don't remember the name or time (guessing time was around 3pm eastern, our server is eastern as well). I didn't realize this was a hot topic. He said he got it from elder coin bonus roll & linked it in chat, though I didn't realize Sha of Anger dropped a mount but may save a coin each week now to see what happens. I know I can't prove it or necessarily believe him as I don't see loot others win.

I'm not sure how many truely run the wowhead client to help collect drop data, I run it.

Be nice to see a boost to drop rate either way, though I have yet to do Galleon fight, seen him once but alliance group had him to 20% when I logged to zone. 5.2 patch should make it a bit easier to kill him & sha.
Edited by Romia on 2/7/2013 12:59 PM PST
90 Night Elf Death Knight
One week I did Sha and didn't even get the gold bag. I wonder if these two issues are linked. I run WoW with no addons installed, and I never have issues looting things.

When I reported getting nothing to a GM, he agreed with me after looking into his logs and gave me a gold bag. I wonder if I was going to get the Sha mount but instead got nothing.

Anyone else ever fail to get the Gold bag from the Sha?
Edited by Azeban on 2/7/2013 1:01 PM PST
90 Orc Hunter
Had someone in raid chat say they won the Sha mount Tuesday afternoon, don't remember the name or time (guessing time was around 3pm eastern, our server is eastern as well). I didn't realize this was a hot topic. He said he got it from elder coin bonus roll & linked it in chat, though I didn't realize Sha of Anger dropped a mount but may save a coin each week now to see what happens. I know I can't prove it or necessarily believe him as I don't see loot others win.

I'm not sure how many truely run the wowhead client to help collect drop data, I run it.

Be nice to see a boost to drop rate either way, though I have yet to do Galleon fight, seen him once but alliance group had him to 20% when I logged to zone. 5.2 patch should make it a bit easier to kill him & sha.
I can link you any mount or any piece of gear via AtlasLoot. Guy's full of baloney. Did you see him learn it and mount up? Oh he doesn't have the rep, he says. How convenient.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So in other words a save face and they will "suddenly" ninja "buff" the mounts(aka implement them) and people will start getting them.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
One week I did Sha and didn't even get the gold bag. I wonder if these two issues are linked. I run WoW with no addons installed, and I never have issues looting things.

When I reported getting nothing to a GM, he agreed with me after looking into his logs and gave me a gold bag. I wonder if I was going to get the Sha mount but instead got nothing.

Only once when I was spirit running back to my body when he died. If you die and the boss is almost dead, just wait and don't release, because if you do, you won't get loot.
60 Tauren Druid
There's a comment on wowhead where someone claims that two guildies got Son of Galleon. Doing some (easy) investigation I found that guild:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/nerzhul/Duh_Winning/roster?character=values&sort=lvl&dir=a

Now, I'm not up to checking everyone's mounts to prove or deny their comment, but one of you determined types are welcome to it.
90 Human Warrior

I have failed at getting a loot before, but it was from a Galleon kill (Which made it hurt alot more) I contacted the Gm and he/she/it/them did see that I met all the right conditions in order to recieve loot (I was in the group with the tag, was doing damage to the boss) After the kill, I didn't get loot, or a chance to use my coin. GM was kind enough to give me a gold bag (Though, I just really want them to prevent this from happening, seeing as how a Galleon kill isn't as easy as a Sha kill) and said they will look into the issue.

EDIT: Just for clarification, I never had to run to my body, as I did not die during that encounter.
Edited by Liamaru on 2/7/2013 1:09 PM PST
90 Gnome Mage
There's a comment on wowhead where someone claims that two guildies got Son of Galleon. Doing some (easy) investigation I found that guild:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/nerzhul/Duh_Winning/roster?character=values&sort=lvl&dir=a

Now, I'm not up to checking everyone's mounts to prove or deny their comment, but one of you determined types are welcome to it.

This man deserves the title of detective!
60 Tauren Druid

This man deserves the title of detective!

HEY! Im a lady thank you very much!
90 Dwarf Paladin

I'll do wxyz.
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/07/2013 12:58 PMPosted by Romia

See my post on page 19. The wowhead addon does not track "drops" via the LFR/individual-style loot system. Any and all drops and percentages shown for items off of Sha, Galleon, and any Raid Finder bosses are from PTR before the LFR-style loot system was implemented.
90 Undead Rogue

I can link you any mount or any piece of gear via AtlasLoot. Guy's full of baloney. Did you see him learn it and mount up? Oh he doesn't have the rep, he says. How convenient.

Yeah I realize that, I didn't really hang around to find out. He never said he couldn't use it right away but again I didn't realize sha dropped a mount at the time & was already leaving the zone so didn't hang around to see it.
I think people don't realize how small of a chance .05% actually is. In Vanilla, Baron was probably killed a lot more times per week than Sha/Galleon and it took years on some servers to even see 1 of them.

This issue is the .05% chance on a 1 per week kill

Im fairly sure I know what .05% chance is, but its not a 1 per week kill. 10's of thousands of players kill him every week. With a .05% drop rate it would only take about 18.5k players to kill him to achieve 99.99% odds of someone getting it.

math: odds of him not dropping it for 1 player kill = 1-0.05% =0.9995 (from your supposition that it is .05%)
.9995^18416 = 0.0001 or about .01% chance of no one getting it or about 99.99% chance that someone would get it.
90 Human Rogue

This is something I could get behind.

I personally haven't experienced not getting literally anything from Sha, but know people that this has happened to. I would not be surprised in the slightest if:

1) The game rolled your chance at loot
2) If Loot, Go to 3. If not, award Bag of Gold
3)The game rolled loot for you, and it was the mount.
3a) Bug in the game preventing the item from being distributed. No Bag of Gold due to you actually rolling loot.

Speaking of which, did they ever clarify why exactly sometimes I get Postmaster mail saying I've lost an item in the Twisting Nether, and it's always a blank mail?
Edited by Daltin on 2/7/2013 1:22 PM PST
90 Goblin Shaman
I can understand if no one has gotten Galleon's mount, he spawns so rarely.. however someone should have gotten Sha's mount by now. This thread is interesting.
90 Human Warrior
Blizzard, Y U NO Respond to legit concerns?
Edited by Bossbane on 2/7/2013 1:23 PM PST
90 Human Rogue
02/07/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Bossbane

I do find it somewhat amusing that the guys who have threads like "Why does Alt+F4 close my game?" get blue responses, but things such as this topic don't get any replies after 46 pages lol.
90 Human Warrior

This is something I could get behind.

I personally haven't experienced not getting literally anything from Sha, but know people that this has happened to. I would not be surprised in the slightest if:

1) The game rolled your chance at loot
2) If Loot, Go to 3. If not, award Bag of Gold
3)The game rolled loot for you, and it was the mount.
3a) Bug in the game preventing the item from being distributed. No Bag of Gold due to you actually rolling loot.

Speaking of which, did they ever clarify why exactly sometimes I get Postmaster mail saying I've lost an item in the Twisting Nether, and it's always a blank mail?

^^ I've gotton that from post master a few times. Sometimes after a LFR but I always have loot from every boss and the letter is blank.
90 Dwarf Paladin

WXYZ came up empty.
90 Gnome Mage
02/07/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Daltin

I do find it somewhat amusing that the guys who have threads like "Why does Alt+F4 close my game?" get blue responses, but things such as this topic don't get any replies after 46 pages lol.

It is rather disappointing to say the least.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]