Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

71 Tauren Druid
They're onto you, Blizz.
90 Troll Priest
Not sure if you guys missed it but I linked a Twitter response back on page 19
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There's a comment on wowhead where someone claims that two guildies got Son of Galleon. Doing some (easy) investigation I found that guild:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/nerzhul/Duh_Winning/roster?character=values&sort=lvl&dir=a

Now, I'm not up to checking everyone's mounts to prove or deny their comment, but one of you determined types are welcome to it.

I checked every 90, none of them have this mount.

If someone feels like checking the 89-87 guildies be my guest.
90 Blood Elf Mage
That twitter response is vague an not helpful 'well keep an eye on drops' get with the program, the thing hasn't dropped.
90 Blood Elf Priest
yes we must post
90 Troll Monk
I find it strange how nobody from blizzard has commented on either thread.

They surley don't expect us to just forget about something as big as this.

All we ask is a verification that it is not working as intended.

This way we can STOP wasting our coins on Sha and Galleon each weel.

Blizzard its the right thing to do.

Just admit you made a mistake and we will forgive you.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ima be pissed at wasted coins just for the chance at shas mount if it isn't even in the game.
90 Human Rogue
02/07/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Glenjemin

Yeah, they said "we're looking into it" which a lot of us here just don't buy.

Blizzard always throws the "we're constantly looking at statistics" argument in our face when players complain about PVP representation, damage output, drops, etc.

For all their stat-watching prioritization, they're going to sit there and say:
It's something we're watching very carefully to ensure they're dropping correctly.

I don't buy it. No way in hell that this company never realized for almost 5 months that this particular item didn't drop.

I'm standing by my /tinfoilhat theory that these mounts were purposely held back for 5.2 to ensure people still kill Sha and Galleon to help the fresh 90s gear up. Otherwise it will be very difficult for fill Sha/Galleon groups.
90 Troll Priest
I agree the response is pretty vague but at least its an official response that they're acknowledging our concerns.

Chances are they don't have enough data or research yet to confirm or deny anything since this came up yesterday.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Glenjemin

All it is is a save face on their end where they talk like the mount actually drops. What will end up happeneing in the end is they ninja "buff" it(implement) and act like it's been there all a long as they start popping on various servers. This way they will never have to admit to a fault on their end even when in reality the past 4 1/2 months of sha/galleon kills have been 100% wasted effort when trying for the mount.

It's the same exact thing that happened with blingtron where they confirmed mounts dropped from it before 5.1 when in actuality they never did. Which was why in 5.1 they "buffed" the droprate on them(added them to the loot table) and people started getting them along with orbs of mystery.
Edited by Wilhelm on 2/7/2013 2:03 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Hey guys, take a look at this mod's response from the Heavenly Onyx Serpent's Wowhead* page:

ElhonnaDS said:
People please stop reporting this comment. We are not going to delete it. I have personally seen this mount in game, and so the speculation that it cannot drop is false. I imagine eventually people will post armory links to back it up, but since only a very small percentage of the player base uses forums, and it is a very new and very rare mount, it will take some time.

Edit: this is from the wowhead page.
Edited by Alphons on 2/7/2013 2:05 PM PST
90 Human Rogue
02/07/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Glenjemin
Chances are they don't have enough data or research yet to confirm or deny anything since this came up yesterday.

If Blizzard can determine how many male players between the ages of 23 and 26 are playing Ret Paladins and using Seal of Insight while Gemming Agility/Crit , they can determine the drop rate of an item.
90 Human Rogue
Hey guys, take a look at this mod's response from the Heavenly Onyx Serpent's Wowhead* page:

ElhonnaDS said:
People please stop reporting this comment. We are not going to delete it. I have personally seen this mount in game, and so the speculation that it cannot drop is false. I imagine eventually people will post armory links to back it up, but since only a very small percentage of the player base uses forums, and it is a very new and very rare mount, it will take some time.

that mod is full of crap. He got catfished like Man'ti Teo with someone linking
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:87771:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent]\124h\124r");
in the raid chat.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

ElhonnaDS said:

lol how sad. "I have personally seen Jesus in my french toast" I don't need proof!
10 Troll Warlock
02/07/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Krayleyna
I did however find a level 89 toon that only has 5 mounts total. Not sure how that's even possible.
It's pretty easy. Especially since they made mounts scale to your riding skill at the end of Wrath. Before that you only ever actually needed four, and before they were learned into the spell book people sold or deleted old mounts they didn't need to save bag space. Now you only ever need two (basic ground, basic flying) or just one if you bought one off the Blizzard store or got a ground/flying TCG mount. Even a resurrected account with no other mounts on it will give you only two mounts if the class you boosted to 80 does not have any class mounts.

I'm tempted to start a one mount account now.. T_T It'd be a real challenge to just say no to additional shiny toys. The mount collector's version of the Iron Man Challenge.
90 Undead Rogue
Bumping for a response from a blue.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only sad thing about it is all you nonbelievers out there...

butbutbut my friends friend got the mount......he just doesn't remember the guys name or what guild he was in......or even what server he was on. BS people your friends friend never got the thing and until a change is made he never will. Show evidence through an armory link or get out.....but wowhead has pictures.....they HAD pictures which have since been removed for atleast the sha mount because they were not from live(and most likely private server/mod).
90 Orc Death Knight
Bumping for justice!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Posting because this interests me
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]