Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

93 Human Warrior
I've seen it on my realm, flying through halfhill (Yes it's the Heavenly Onyx one, I clicked on the guy to see what it's name was). I see him every few days, so I'll try to grab the armory for it. That said, something does strike me as odd about it: It's the only one I've ever seen. Suramar is a fairly high pop realm. The way I figure it, he's either a) hacked it somehow, or b) he got it very early on, and the code for the rng has glitched to prevent it from dropping again. It's a low drop rate, sure, but I should see more than one person with it. I should see at least 4-5 people with it, a month. That's something you ride around to show off, not tuck away and hide it.
100 Night Elf Druid
One thing I need to bring up before someone mentions it - there is an elite lizard mob on the border between Jade forest and Valley of the Four Winds that drops Oddly-Shaped Horn. When used, it will put you on a mount that looks just like the one from Galleon, except it only lasts a few seconds, runs faster than a normal mount, you can't stop it, and it's hard to steer. It is also only usable in the valley. So if you see anything like that in Halfhill (the only fun place to use it), that is what it is.
88 Tauren Shaman
02/06/2013 08:25 PMPosted by Roarick
That's something you ride around to show off, not tuck away and hide it.

Exactly. The fact that I haven't seen someone posted up in SW or Org showing it off is enough to make me think it doesn't exist lol
90 Blood Elf Mage
The mystery continues. Will the heroes find the Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, will they ever get a blue post? How long will the Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent last? Find out.. NEXT EPISODE!

This reminds me of the cliff hanging wrap-ups at the end of the anime shows of my youth. Love it! XD
90 Orc Shaman
I've seen it on my realm, flying through halfhill (Yes it's the Heavenly Onyx one, I clicked on the guy to see what it's name was). I see him every few days, so I'll try to grab the armory for it. That said, something does strike me as odd about it: It's the only one I've ever seen. Suramar is a fairly high pop realm. The way I figure it, he's either a) hacked it somehow, or b) he got it very early on, and the code for the rng has glitched to prevent it from dropping again. It's a low drop rate, sure, but I should see more than one person with it. I should see at least 4-5 people with it, a month. That's something you ride around to show off, not tuck away and hide it.

God here we go again ....
100 Night Elf Druid
I've seen it on my realm, flying through halfhill (Yes it's the Heavenly Onyx one, I clicked on the guy to see what it's name was). I see him every few days, so I'll try to grab the armory for it.

You seem like a nice person and I hope you are correct and can provide the armory but until then I call shenanigans.

Still waiting on any proof from anyone or Blizzard. This is getting silly.
91 Gnome Death Knight
wtb someone who can straight up just be like i didn't forget their name here's the armory.
43 Tauren Paladin
While I don't know who it was, and even if I did I'd be too lazy to post his armory, I do recall seeing a gnome with the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent chillin' in the Blah blah of the Seven Stars.

It's black and has the lightning effect like the fliggity flyin' red dude in Valley of the blah blah.
Edited by Cowwithlight on 2/6/2013 8:39 PM PST
100 Troll Priest
At this point, having watched the first thread all day and reading every post, and for how long this issue has been on the front page of general discussion, there is probably almost no chance at least one of the mods haven't seen the total of almost 30 pages yet.

So therefore, we can deduct that they are most likely intentionally not posting for a specific reason.
90 Goblin Death Knight
Not one blue post on both threads?

Very disappointing!

A simple - we are looking into this would be nice Imo?
90 Orc Death Knight
When people demand blizzard responses on things, you have to remember that everything they say has to be as correct as they can make it (opinions aside.) Every word they write gets scrutinized and picked apart by the community.

In order to post a response for something like that:
1. CM's read the forums and go ask the devs about it
2. The devs take it under advisory and go look into it
3. Ghostcrawler goes for a coffee break
4. Once they establish that there is a problem, they need to find a solution
5. They need to figure out how to implement that solution into the game without breaking anything else (this involves testing)
6. They get the decision/plan back to the CMs who moderate the forums
7. Ghostcrawler gets back from his coffee break
8. The CMs have to figure out how to politely inform the community that there was a bug in a way that won't enrage the entire player-base
9. Players rage anyway
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/06/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Pwnjuice

I feel like this happens a lot....probably more than necessary. XD But then again, how else would he have time to respond to all those epic tweets he gets?
100 Night Elf Druid

If I got treated the way he does on these forums and Twitter that would be an Irish Coffee break.
90 Draenei Mage
When people demand blizzard responses on things, you have to remember that everything they say has to be as correct as they can make it (opinions aside.) Every word they write gets scrutinized and picked apart by the community.

In order to post a response for something like that:
1. CM's read the forums and go ask the devs about it
2. The devs take it under advisory and go look into it
4. Once they establish that there is a problem, they need to find a solution
5. They need to figure out how to implement that solution into the game without breaking anything else (this involves testing)
6. They get the decision/plan back to the CMs who moderate the forums
7. Ghostcrawler gets back from his coffee break
8. The CMs have to figure out how to politely inform the community that there was a bug in a way that won't enrage the entire player-base
9. Players rage anyway

While this is certainly true in most cases, this is not one of them.

This isn't a subjective debate. We're not discussing whether ganking or crz is bad, if a certain boss is too hard.

This is a a very black and white issue.

There's a mount listed on the loot table, and if the mount isn't actually dropping, then it suggests a bug or an EXTREMELY low drop rate. and pretty extreme considering how often sha is killed. The mount from Elegon is rare, for example, but people know it DOES drop.

Furthermore, IF it IS a bug, then blizz would probably actually appreciate being informed about it.
90 Troll Warlock
02/06/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Tocsinn

If I got treated the way he does on these forums and Twitter that would be an Irish Coffee break.

I never understood his logic for retreating to Twitter because WoW forums were too hurtful. Twitter is far worse.
90 Orc Death Knight

While this is certainly true in most cases, this is not one of them.

This isn't a subjective debate. We're not discussing whether ganking or crz is bad, if a certain boss is too hard.

This is a a very black and white issue.

There's a mount listed on the loot table, and if the mount isn't actually dropping, then it suggests a bug or an EXTREMELY low drop rate. and pretty extreme considering how often sha is killed. The mount from Elegon is rare, for example, but people know it DOES drop.

Furthermore, IF it IS a bug, then blizz would probably actually appreciate being informed about it.

Isn't that generally how they'd fix bugs as well? The CMs have to go confirm with the devs that there is indeed a problem, then the devs have to come up with a fix. After that they relay it back to the community
90 Dwarf Warrior
Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent If it in the data base, it should drop off the boss.
There are multiple mounts that are in game and have never been actually obtainable

And things like Frostmourne and Ashbringer can be linked and are in the database but you can't get those either
100 Night Elf Druid
There are multiple mounts that are in game and have never been actually obtainable

And things like Frostmourne and Ashbringer can be linked and are in the database but you can't get those either

Both mounts are listed in the dungeon journal as obtainable loot.
100 Dwarf Death Knight

when you have to read and answer so many angry players on forums and/or twitter you need an IV of caffeine, not just a cup of coffee
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/06/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Awkwardz
I never understood his logic for retreating to Twitter because WoW forums were too hurtful. Twitter is far worse.

It's the character limit I believe. Provides little room for proper suggestions or complaints, yet it does make it impossible for wall o' text QQ to appear.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]