Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

90 Worgen Druid
posting for interest
90 Troll Warlock
02/06/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Corlynne
This may stir up a fuss, but. . . I'm just going to drop this right here in response >.>

We're not looking for a "maybe it's a really low drop rate". Sha has been looted hundreds of thousands of times. The odds of the mount existing but not dropping yet for ANYONE in the world is the same chance of getting a rational debate on Fox News.
90 Gnome Warrior
bump yo
100 Night Elf Druid
02/06/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Awkwardz
This may stir up a fuss, but. . . I'm just going to drop this right here in response >.>

We're not looking for a "maybe it's a really low drop rate". Sha has been looted hundreds of thousands of times. The odds of the mount existing but not dropping yet for ANYONE in the world is the same chance of getting a rational debate on Fox News.

That means it should drop every night.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/06/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Meleti
This is hilarious.

For alot of people obviously it's about as hilarious as if you had pieces of bis gear(since you do heroic raids) and they were listed as loot but they had no chance of dropping.
90 Orc Death Knight

This isn't a bunch of players QQing that they didn't get the mount to drop. It's about a bunch of players wondering why no one in existence has ever gotten the drop. It's so implausible that the more likely cause is a programming error somewhere. Not sure if you saw the math but there's a 2.90×10^-813 % chance that it hasn't dropped yet. Everyone in these ~30 pages of posts are just looking for a single player that has the mount. Just one person.
90 Gnome Mage
MFW when I see people with no expertise in mounts adamantly declaring they've seen these things with no proof. To most, this issue probably isn't important. If you can't tell the difference between the onyx cloud serpent and the heavenly cloud serpent, thats fine. But to some of us, the little things, such as tail and leg armor, are very important. The same goes for glowy white lines in the front of our dragons.
90 Worgen Druid
02/06/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Pwnjuice
This isn't a bunch of players QQing that they didn't get the mount to drop. It's about a bunch of players wondering why no one in existence has ever gotten the drop. It's so implausible that the more likely cause is a programming error somewhere. Not sure if you saw the math but there's a 2.90×10^-813 % chance that it hasn't dropped yet. Everyone in these ~30 pages of posts are just looking for a single player that has the mount. Just one person.

QFT and emphasis.

I don't care so much that I don't have it but it'd be nice to know that it actually can drop. :P
100 Night Elf Druid
I've seen Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent twice on Misha, and I didn't write down his armory sorry nerd.

You edited your post to include the mount in question. On the other thread as well, we had post after post of people who claimed to have "seen it" and couldn't give a name or armory. It needs to stop. This is like a court case now, the OP has provided reasonable proof for there to be a case. Now it is up to the defense to provide proof in the form of an armory link of a player who has the mount. You can't go into a court and have one person say "But I seen him do it!" and have that be all the proof you need.

I'm not directing this at you personally, I'm just tired of seeing all these posts of people who supposedly saw the mount.
Edited by Starkwen on 2/6/2013 10:29 PM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter
I've been reading the threads and at this point I'm posting because I'm curious to see if someone can link an armory page with either mount as well. I've only ever seen a screenshot of the Galleon mount and I've only heard "A friend of a guildmate" got the Sha mount stories.

I know that no group I've been in for either kill has seen either drop, and I've killed both Sha and Galleon a decent amount of times in the past few months.
100 Troll Shaman
I am also very interested. Seems like by now SOMEONE should have it on Kil'Jeaden.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Huh, that's rather odd..
90 Draenei Priest
02/06/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Lichkilla
at this point, people can stop saying they have seen the mounts. they are not in-game and have not been since ptr. 33 pages is more than enough proof.

while people posting that friends of guildies got it or they have seen it are not really helping even if this goes on for 10 post caped theads that isn't proof that it cant drop as only minority of players come to the forums much less post
100 Troll Shaman

You edited your post to include the mount in question. On the other thread as well, we had post after post of people who claimed to have "seen it" and couldn't give a name or armory. It needs to stop. This is like a court case now, the OP has provided reasonable proof for there to be a case. Now it is up to the defense to provide proof in the form of an armory link of a player who has the mount. You can't go into a court and have one person say "But I seen him do it!" and have that be all the proof you need.

I'm not directing this at you personally, I'm just tired of seeing all these posts of people who supposedly saw the mount.

Sue me.

lol u didn't see squat
10 Troll Warlock
There is no fuss.

You're talking luck, and we've all had bad luck. Most of us probably have a collection of horror stories about RNG just refusing to drop that one item we want no matter how many times we go after it.

We're talking about an item that should have dropped given the number of characters that have killed Sha every week but there is no evidence that it has at all.

No sign on sites whose bread and butter is datamining the Armory and allowing users to browse the information with a set of filters. Not even a soul coming in so far to show off as people often do when there's a horror story of something not dropping posted.

What we're talking about is every single character who has killed Sha over the course of 17-19 weeks since release seems to have failed to loot this one item. I thought I was just unlucky and not only never saw it drop but never was around when the one or two people who must certainly have gotten it on server were showing it off, never mind not seeing it hanging out in front of Org or SW (again, just assumed I wasn't there for the showing off). But right now it looks less like an outlandish case of bad luck and more likely that the mount is a phantom.

02/06/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Awkwardz
WE KNOW YOU'RE WATCHING THIS BLIZZARD.
I look forward to their response.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]