Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

90 Orc Death Knight

there is much more proof than just responses on this forum. aside from the guildex and wowhead info (or lack of) myself and others been asking around all day in trade chat on our servers and have received no proof positive replies. there is no question these things have never dropped the way intended, and very little question that they have ever dropped at all.

I have never seen a billion dollars, must no exist.

Some people have billions of dollars. They can prove it to you if you ask them.
90 Draenei Priest

while people posting that friends of guildies got it or they have seen it are not really helping even if this goes on for 10 post caped theads that isn't proof that it cant drop as only minority of players come to the forums much less post

there is much more proof than just responses on this forum. aside from the guildex and wowhead info (or lack of) myself and others been asking around all day in trade chat on our servers and have received no proof positive replies. there is no question these things have never dropped the way intended, and very little question that they have ever dropped at all.

tell someone eather links a armory with the mount or a blue says that it hasn't/cant drop we wont have proof because armory isnt prefect and websites drawing data from it cant really get data from all characters from things that cause it not to update for weeks at a time or when people dont show up even if they are active

not to say that I dont think its bugged I do think it is
Edited by Lilinette on 2/6/2013 10:43 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin

tell someone eather links a armory with the mount or a blue says that it hasn't/cant drop we wont have proof because armory isnt prefect and websites drawing data from it cant really get data from all characters from things that cause it not to update for weeks at a time or when people dont show up even if they are active

It's not rigid, undeniable proof, but the evidence is highly compelling. Even accounting for all of those things, it still shouldn't be this hard to find someone with it.
90 Gnome Death Knight

I have never seen a billion dollars, must no exist.

No, this is more of a case of the first post saying: I don't think the Loch Ness Monster exists and this is my proof and then you walking in here and saying 'Nah he does exist, I swear I saws it'
90 Draenei Priest

It's not rigid, undeniable proof, but the evidence is highly compelling. Even accounting for all of those things, it still shouldn't be this hard to find someone with it.

I think so too and it would be really nice to get a blue to answer this and settle this once and for all we dont need a refund of coins or anything like that just tell us that its bugged and if its going to be fixed in 5.2 or if its going to be fixed ever so that people can stop farming it on all their characters every week
90 Worgen Druid
02/06/2013 10:43 PMPosted by Bluntybill
I would never do that because it's rude.

The point was not whether or not you would do it but that they could prove it. No one has yet been able to prove that they exist in game and all we're asking is for either real proof (this doesn't count people "seeing" it in game) or a response from a blizz rep.
90 Orc Death Knight
I've asked around on Korgath (both factions) which is a fairly high pop realm with ~10,000 max level characters. No one has seen either the sha mount or galleon mount anywhere.

I'm growing concerned
90 Gnome Mage
02/06/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Bluntybill

The point was not whether or not you would do it but that they could prove it. No one has yet been able to prove that they exist in game and all we're asking is for either real proof (this doesn't count people "seeing" it in game) or a response from a blizz rep.

Well wowhead has 1 recorded loot.

Posters had discussed this earlier, but that may have been in the previous thread. All of that data is from the PTR, and if you look at shas table over there, you'll see all items are listed at a .05% drop rate, with a total kill count of 2147.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll leave what i said on the mount forums here too.

In other news i fully expect the whole sha/galleon mount to be like how blingtron was. Blizz even confirmed you could get the enginerring mounts from blingtron but until 5.1 there was not a single confirmed drop on any of them but then they suddenly "up" the dropchance for better things and the drop confirmation start pouring in.

I honestly don't see any way they can reimburse people who have constanlty been doing both bosses on mains/alts but some kind of post on it would be nice to keep people from wasting tokens till 5.2 when they "up"(aka implement) the mounts.
Edited by Wilhelm on 2/6/2013 11:10 PM PST
90 Human Monk
Tracking to keep post.
94 Human Death Knight
I'll leave what i said on the mount forums here too.

In other news i fully expect the whole sha/galleon mount to be like how blingtron was. Blizz even confirmed you could get the enginerring mounts from blingtron but until 5.1 there was not a single confirmed drop on any of them but then they "suddenly" "up" the dropchance for better things and the drop confirmation start pouring in.

I honestly don't see any way they can reimburse people who have constanlty been doing both bosses on mains/alts but some kind of post on it would be nice to keep people from wasting tokens till 5.2 when they "up"(aka implement) the mounts.

Your logic defies all logic!
88 Tauren Shaman
If you type in Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent into the search bar on the WoW official site and click the item, it shows a pic and comments. Now, replace 'Heavenly Onyx' with 'Thundering Ruby', the one that drops from Alani, it has a comments section AND what drops it. The Heavenly Onyx does not show how it's rewarded, even though we know it's dropped by Sha. Coincidence?
72 Human Warrior
we dont need a refund of coins or anything like that just tell us that its bugged and if its going to be fixed in 5.2 or if its going to be fixed ever so that people can stop farming it on all their characters every week

And that's what makes me upset. I feel like I was duped into tanking/healing several Sha kills that I didn't need, for a mount that I had NO CHANCE OF GETTING. It's an absolute case of bait-and-switch.

Some things are made obvious, because their absence is conspicuous.

The fact that there has been no Blue OR MVP response to EITHER thread yet is proof positive that yes, this is a problem, and yes, they are going to stealth fix it without admitting fault. Expect to see these mounts start to drop next tuesday, if not sooner.

Keep this sort of disconnect between players and devs in mind when you choose to renew your subscription.

02/06/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Zolaris
I don't doubt for one second that the peons at HQ are scurrying around like decapitated chickens trying to figure out a way to damage control this mess-up.
Edited by Zolaris on 2/6/2013 11:19 PM PST
90 Tauren Priest
Would love a Blue response to this.... all those coins I've used purely to see a mount drop :/ I understand rare is rare, but if there is a bug that means it isn't dropping, then something certainly needs to change.

Come on Blizz - at least give us a "we're looking into it" generic response to give us some false hope that you're looking into it?
100 Night Elf Druid
02/06/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Zolaris
we dont need a refund of coins or anything like that just tell us that its bugged and if its going to be fixed in 5.2 or if its going to be fixed ever so that people can stop farming it on all their characters every week

And that's what makes me upset. I feel like I was duped into tanking/healing several Sha kills that I didn't need, for a mount that I had ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF GETTING. It's an absolute case of bait-and-switch.

Some things are made obvious, because their absence is conspicuous.

The fact that there has been no Blue OR MVP response to EITHER thread yet is proof positive that yes, this is a problem, and yes, they are going to stealth fix it without admitting fault. Expect to see these mounts start to drop next tuesday, if not sooner.

Keep this sort of disconnect between players and devs in mind when you choose to renew your subscription.

02/06/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Zolaris
I don't doubt for one second that the peons at HQ are scurrying around like decapitated chickens trying to figure out a way to damage control this mess-up.

Calm it down, bro. I really don't think Blizzard intended for this; it's just a programming mistake. However, I do think they should up the drop rate once it is fixed.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Theory time!
What if you have to actually loot (clicky clicky) to obtain the mount, most people leave seconds after the raid and don't give the boss corpse a second glance thanks too the self loot thing. I missed out on the Legendary thing that drops from ToEs because I didn't know you had to actually loot it...
Thoughts?
90 Draenei Warrior

Place it at a solid 1% -

That's the only way to "reimburse";
Those who actually care about the mount will continue to do it in 5.2 and with a decent (as per mounts) chance to drop it won't take ages to see it for those who want it.

I for one AM annoyed I put a token in every week towards this;
I recently stopped since I had my suspicions and really needed to focus on the fact my gearing was getting into a danger zone for parses. (I've fallen behind gear wise due to abhorrent RNG for where I am progression wise - And I lost 2/3 heroic pieces due to 4 set. Aurgh. qq.)
So luckily I haven't wasted as many coins as some other collectors on this...
It's still an incredibly bad thing to leave as such though; And without any sort of "fix" and leaving it at a drop well under 1%...

Well; Those who were trying are going to feel shafted. At least make it decently obtainable after this for catch up.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]