Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

90 Orc Death Knight
I am posting solely to show my support for this thread, and part 1. It’s time for Blizzard to chime in with some answers. Every point and opinion has been postulated and presented within these 2 threads. All that’s left is for a Blue to end the debate.
92 Draenei Hunter
Theory time!
What if you have to actually loot (clicky clicky) to obtain the mount, most people leave seconds after the raid and don't give the boss corpse a second glance thanks too the self loot thing. I missed out on the Legendary thing that drops from ToEs because I didn't know you had to actually loot it...
Thoughts?

dont be silly even if it was a item that droped and had to be rolled for almost ever sha kills has someone that loots him and gets the claw
90 Human Death Knight

And that's what makes me upset. I feel like I was duped into tanking/healing several Sha kills that I didn't need, for a mount that I had ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OF GETTING. It's an absolute case of bait-and-switch.

Some things are made obvious, because their absence is conspicuous.

The fact that there has been no Blue OR MVP response to EITHER thread yet is proof positive that yes, this is a problem, and yes, they are going to stealth fix it without admitting fault. Expect to see these mounts start to drop next tuesday, if not sooner.

Keep this sort of disconnect between players and devs in mind when you choose to renew your subscription.

Calm it down, bro. I really don't think Blizzard intended for this; it's just a programming mistake. However, I do think they should up the drop rate once it is fixed.

I highly doubt that those mounts would have a much higher drop rate, but I do think it should at least be an acceptable rate.
Edited by Johallee on 2/6/2013 11:30 PM PST
63 Worgen Warlock
This is relevant to my interests.
72 Human Warrior
Calm it down, bro. I really don't think Blizzard intended for this; it's just a programming mistake. However, I do think they should up the drop rate once it is fixed.

It's turning from a programming mistake into a PR mistake mighty quick. But yes, I'll calm down now.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/06/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Kyprioth
This is relevant to my interests.

Your name.. why is it so... familiar? D:

Wait. You a Tamora Pierce fan?
90 Tauren Shaman
02/06/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Lichkilla
If you type in Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent into the search bar on the WoW official site and click the item, it shows a pic and comments. Now, replace 'Heavenly Onyx' with 'Thundering Ruby', the one that drops from Alani, it has a comments section AND what drops it. The Heavenly Onyx does not show how it's rewarded, even though we know it's dropped by Sha. Coincidence?

this is interesting and another compelling piece of evidence.

Same thing for Son of Galleon's Saddle. Seriously, something isn't right here.
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm sure they're looking into it. Don't turn this into a tin foil hat conversation. But people need to know that it takes a while to be able to publish an official statement from the company. And I'm assuming that most of the employees have already gone home for the night. You're not going to get a response for another 10 hours at a minimum
90 Orc Death Knight

like how you murder Galleon, and then capture his son and force him to give rides to the man (or woman) who killed his father? Oh you're talking about the drop rate and not the ethical dilemma of owning this mount
90 Draenei Warrior

like how you murder Galleon, and then capture his son and force him to give rides to the man (or woman) who killed his father? Oh you're talking about the drop rate and not the ethical dilemma of owning this mount

lol!
90 Dwarf Warrior
i think the OP, Bladestorm, should get the first mount. blizzard should just give it to him/her for being brave enough to risk being mocked and relegated to the tin-foil hat club. it took some research and guts to make the initial post, which has since revealed a major flaw in the game.
i think they earned it.
Well I definitely wouldn't complain ^.^ But that would cause so much e-drama it wouldn't be worth it.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/06/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Schwert

this so much this
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Contributing to get an answer. I have terrible luck with all mounts and don't ever expect to have one.

But wearing a tinfoil hat is always fun!

lol!
90 Undead Mage
Obviously you have to be an rng god to get those mounts. How else would blizz make money if they didn't have impossible to get mounts in the game that people only pay a monthly subscription to try to get.
90 Orc Death Knight
02/06/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Sedris
Obviously you have to be an rng god to get those mounts. How else would blizz make money if they didn't have impossible to get mounts in the game that people only pay a monthly subscription to try to get.

By creating a game in which the sole purpose isn't simply obtaining this mount?
90 Troll Shaman
Interesting topic... a lot of us have been killin' these guys JUST for the mounts... would be sad day to learn of all the coins wasted if this were true.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]