Give glyph of Mass Exorcism an aoe snare?

90 Human Paladin
How about Glyph of Mass Exorcism also has a 50% snare for X seconds

What if you gave this to rets instead of making Light's Hammer snare?

One (out of many) of the talking points about why DK's are the prefered mele invited to RBGs is there Howling Blast/Chillbains snaring utility

This would give Ret's a "poor man's" version of that no?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No one see's the genius in this over having Light's hammer provide a gimpy snare?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Mass Exorcism baseline at range, with a Glyph that gives it a snare but makes it melee.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The point of the buff was to make light's hammer a more desirable talent for rets.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
There is, was, and always be one reason DKs are better for RBGs than any other melee, its called Deathgrip.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Chilbains is also a talent and considering how GC is stubborn when it comes to giving rets any snare I doubt he would want to give that away with a glyph.

Aside from that dks are still better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Clever idea. Has a tradeoff. Might be annoying in PvE? Devs might not want Ret to have an AoE snare.

02/07/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Spinnerdh
The point of the buff was to make light's hammer a more desirable talent for rets.

I won't ever spec the buffed Light's Hammer in PvP. Holy Prism is still far superior.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Paladin
Even glyph'd it would any be a quater of what Howling blast is

ranged
snare
ae
damage
dot
damage reduction from dot
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
02/08/2013 02:24 AMPosted by Hafleur
I won't ever spec the buffed Light's Hammer in PvP. Holy Prism is still far superior.

Thank you for your own opinion, but that doesn't actually change the fact that that was indeed the intention of the buff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Spinnerdh

Thank you for your own opinion, but that doesn't actually change the fact that that was indeed the intention of the buff.

no one will take lights hammer unless maybe it snares in place. a 50% slow for 2 seconds every minute is just not a real buff. Its an illusion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Spinnerdh

Right, and the buff will utterly fail to make LH a desirable talent for Ret PvP which is why the OP offered a different, yet also similar solution.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I use Glyph of Mass Exorcism often in PvE. I see no reason why to buff the Glyph at all. If anything, they should buff Glyphs that Retribution never uses. There's even more Glyphs for Holy then Ret or Prot. Why so freaking many Holy Paladin Glyphs?

Anyway, here's the Glyphs we can use but shouldn't ever.

Glyph of Divinity - Cause Ret Paladins really care about getting back 10% mana. Even worse it increases the cool down of Lay of Hands by 2 minutes. Just stupid really.

Glyph of Hammer of the Righteous - Why would any Ret care for such a thing? If there is 2+ targets, then you'll likely be spamming Hammer of the Righteous anyway. Sucks for PvP cause our PvP 2 set bonus gives us 800 PvP Power when we use Crusader Strike, and not Hammer of the Righteous.

Glyph of Immediate Truth - Will immediately be stupid after patch 5.2, when the new Seal of Justice is released. Since this was a Glyph that exchanged Censure damage for more weapon damage, which I'm guessing is their idea of burst damage. This was already a bad Glyph to get anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
02/09/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Hafleur

Right, and the buff will utterly fail to make LH a desirable talent for Ret PvP which is why the OP offered a different, yet also similar solution.

They didn't offer any kind of similar solution. The solution blizzard was trying to solve wasn't a lack of AoE slows for rets, it was the lack of rets taking HoJ in PvP. How many times do I have to tell you that that was the purpose of the buff?

02/09/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Thantore
no one will take lights hammer unless maybe it snares in place. a 50% slow for 2 seconds every minute is just not a real buff. Its an illusion.

As far as dealing damage goes it effectively doubles the amount of time an enemy spends in the area of effect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]