Need advice on Shadow Dance..

100 Undead Rogue
I've been using it right off the bat in arena and other fights. Is this the best use of it for max burst? How do you guys use it? Any tips appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I usually wait till my DR falls off my KS from my first burst window and after I force a trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
01/31/2013 12:18 AMPosted by Kishipsho
force a trinket.
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Try and bait defense CD's, Trinkets and manage DR before you pop dance.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Make sure Smoke is up as well, and let your teammate know in some form that you're about to go Dance, so that they can peel/CC heals for max damage. And like everyone else said, FORCE A TRINKET!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
What I do is: Pick a target, premeditation, use the combo points with slice n dice,

(create a macro that uses shadow dance, shadow blades and the Agli PvP trinket.)

While in stealth open with cheap shot (if A mage use Garrote, then use cheap shot when you use the macro) then pop that macro I mentioned above, spam ambush and Eviscerate (when you get the 5 combo points)
Edited by Morbid on 1/31/2013 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I go after the same target knowing I just killed them because they had no trinket and prepare to fish it out. Mwahahahahaha
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Röznie
Wise words.

I go over some very informational stuff on my channel OP. If you're looking for rogue help it's a good place for updated information.

www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I would not recommend macroing shadow blades and Dance together. You've got plenty of damage with just Dance, and Blades gives you another burst CD on demand while you're waiting for Dance to come up again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Use blades in opener. Combined with FW its immense pressure and can force trinkets/big cds (bubble/dispersion/deterrance/etc).

That leaves u in a good place to kill 1. Swap and get snd rolling + 5pts on partner (+full energy) and get ready for a hard swap > kill.

Set focus to ur 2ndary target,, redirect > kidney kill target, blind focus, hemo kill target x2 and use a dance/sap combo to keep 2ndary out of the game.

/use 13 (14 if on-use is lower trink slot)
/cast shadow dance
/cast [mod:shift] garotte; [mod:ctrl] cheap shot
/cast [nomod,@focus] sap

That should give u a 4pt evisc instantly with FW up, u can then ambush+premed for another big evisc, cheapshot focus (just do a modifier on cheap to hit focus) and garotte kill target for a bit more time on SV while letting u keep pts for snd or a kidney (i prefer to crip or para shiv and keep snd up...but i have a racial silence to throw in) out of dance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
01/31/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Crookston
I would not recommend macroing shadow blades and Dance together. You've got plenty of damage with just Dance, and Blades gives you another burst CD on demand while you're waiting for Dance to come up again.

Really? I do amazing burst damage with that burst macro that uses Blades.

I got it from Sensus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6K9Y1BjCoM
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/31/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Morbid

I got it from Sensus

Problem is that if u get disarmed/cc'd in that burst phase....ur done. U need a backup to burst with.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Open with dance without shadowblades and get a trinket. wait til next dance then use shadowblades with it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/31/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Morbid

You will do amazing burst. But what happens if your disarmed while dancing?

01/31/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Jaosix
Open with dance without shadowblades and get a trinket. wait til next dance then use shadowblades with it

Making 2 dance macros would probably be the best option. I've just got my dps trinket macro'd to dance and Sblades.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

I got it from Sensus

You can still use them together if you've got someone dead to rights. Just don't marry them. It gives you options.
Edited by Crookston on 1/31/2013 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
Going all in with blades dance in the opener is often a bad idea.

How ever, Blades and dance when you're sure the enemies can't stop you. Is very, very powerful burst.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
01/31/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Radioh

I got it from Sensus

Problem is that if u get disarmed/cc'd in that burst phase....ur done. U need a backup to burst with.

01/31/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Kishipsho

You will do amazing burst. But what happens if your disarmed while dancing?

I've never been disarmed during this macro. Also, the same thing can be said with any form of bursting you use.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
01/31/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Notsativ
Wise words.

I go over some very informational stuff on my channel OP. If you're looking for rogue help it's a good place for updated information.

Actually been watching your stuff lately. Keep it up. I really like how you do things.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
You will be. Or you'll be feared. Or stunned. Or poly'd. Peels happen. Don't blow your whole wad unless you know it's game over or you have no choice but to go all in or lose.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
01/31/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Notsativ
Wise words.

I've been watching your videos on youtube. One of the first things that came up when I put in Sub Pvp. Very helpful! And thanks everyone, I appreciate the help!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]