Agammagan finally dead?

Just wanting to see how many people share the same opinion and get a discussion going on the subject of Agammagan being just merged already. I have been on Agammagan since the first day the server (back when it wasn't a barren waste land ) and was available for play. Now it is just dead no one even speaks in trade the economy is run by like 2 people maybe 3 and there is just no body there anymore even in Orgrimmar there is only 4-10 horde tops on any given day. Not to mention the world P.V.P. is just non existent. Your more likely to die of old age on your char then to die from the hand of an Alliance/Horde. I am just curious is anyone else just thinking this server needs a merge already?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue

cd codesAndStuff
pico thisThread.c

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int deadHorse;
int isBeaten;
int yes = 1;
int no = 0;
int levelOfCaring = 0;
isBeaten = yes;
deadHorse = yes;
if (deadHorse = isBeaten) {
printf("Stop beating the dead horse! It's already dead!\n");
printf("My care level: %d\n", levelOfCaring);
}
else {
printf("This topic is intriguing.\n");
levelOfCaring = 9;
printf("My care level is: %d\n", levelOfCaring);
}
return 0;
}

^O thisThread.c

gcc thisThread.c

./a.out

Stop beating the dead horse! It's already dead!
My care level: 0
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Did someone say Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker ?
Reply Quote
Ben you have 38 subs and you couldnt beat me in WOTLK ,Cata,Mop on my main and i watched one and you have not improved one bit your still the same bad ret that used to hang around me and Kraky and duel us and then when i beat you you would wine and call me a hacker you are not the last hope for anything js bro
Edited by Whereswaldo on 1/31/2013 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
You really are a troll Ben and Dankest your care level means nothing to me really I am just trying to start a discussion on this topic hoping someone will see this at blizzard maybe and that person will say "hey what can we do to fix this problem" so your care level to me means well it could not mean less to be honest
Edited by Whereswaldo on 2/1/2013 6:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Oh, I didn't understand your intentions! You, sir, are a visionary! Blizzard is sure to read this and realize "Hey, why didn't WE think of this?!"

Blizzard has many reasons why they don't care for server merging, such as:
  • 1. Causes an issue with duplicate character names as well as guild names.
  • 2. While merging two servers may be a welcome change to some players, many others are happy with a low population server where they have played for many years. It's impossible to make everyone happy.
  • 3. Merging server makes blizzard appear weak, or sends the message that the game is in decline.
  • 4. Blizzard takes in a ridiculous amount of money from people doing paid server transfers. $25 per character, in a point in the game where solely playing one character is severely limiting yourself.
  • 5. Blizzard isn't dumb. They know that a majority of their subscribers will keep playing no matter what. See point #4.
  • But, you're probably right. Blizzard will read your run-on sentences and lack of punctuation and surely thank your for opening their eyes!
    Reply Quote
    Hey you never know until you try am I right? Not to mention it is the internet who the heck cares about punctuation. Like honestly now. One more thing did you not see the part where I said "I just wish to see how many others share the same opinion as me" idk that just kinda the first sentence.
    Edited by Whereswaldo on 2/1/2013 7:53 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Mage
    If you had bothered to use the search function, you would have realized that you're not the first person to make a thread on this topic. (hence the beating of the dead horse)
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Druid
    02/01/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Whereswaldo
    who the heck cares about punctuation.

I care.

:*(

THINK OF THE COMMAS.

Also: Seriously? Provided you aren't 15 and WoW isn't your first MMO, you should've already realized and understood the points Dank has made. But then we wouldn't be here. Crying about your lack of articulate usage of the English language.

Do continue, sir! /popcorn.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Warrior
    Agamaggan isn't the worst server to be on in terms of population. Although the economy does seem lacking, and some raiding guilds have appeared to collapsed, our server is still a nice place to be.

When it comes to raiding on this server you may have heard recently that most of the raiding guilds have thrown in the towel. While a few of the more recognizable guilds have ceased raiding, there are still plenty of smaller guilds off of the radar that can still provide a raiding experience.

Trade chat is not the best place to search for things due to our low population. If you are interested in pvp, search for a pvp orientated guild. If you are looking for a casual raiding experience, there are still many groups running that could include another person. Hell, I'm sure that if you know your class well enough you could even competatively raid. Sure, maybe pugs are terrible on this server, but if you can get together a group of friends it can be a fun experience.

Trust me when I say that World PvP is still exsistant, if you are willing to find it. If you can successfully ruffle someone's jimmies, you're good to go. A tactic I usually use is to go into Stormwind, try to kill a flagged player, and then attempt to escape. This will drive at least a few Alliance players out to search for you, and if the victim is mad enough, you can bet they will bring some friends to kill you. Pandaria is also a good place to rub them the wrong way. My buds and I enjoy trying to wipe Sha groups with just 3 people, and although it is a failure most of the time, sometimes we can pull it off and wipe the enemy group. This adrenaline and excitedness can still be experienced on Agamaggan.

You mentioned that it is unlikely to die to the hands of Alliance. The thing is, when they are doing dailies I have found that the majority of them enjoy focusing on just that - dailies. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you are feeling diablocial enough, kill some 90s trying to finish dailies and you are sure to have a party on your hands.

Listen, I'm not arguing that Agamaggan is blooming with life at every corner. Sure, we have a low population, and pugs can be a horrid experience, but you can still enjoy all aspects of the game; you just have to look hard enough. I've been on this server for a long time as well, and I care about it just as much as you do, and want to see it grow. I think the more practical approach that we would ever see is either free transfers here, or Agamaggan set as a realm for new players. I don't know the criteria for either of these, but from my research those would be the most likely things to hope for.

Hope I helped
    -Kor

Oh, and Alliance:
    Koruunqt is not me, I don't trash talk or talk smack.

p.s. I didn't spell check, or grammar check for that matter, so sorry.
    Edited by Koruun on 2/4/2013 7:07 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Kor you are the first one to actually give any advice of real value truthfully good to see Agamm still has intelligent people I had seriously given up hope with such people as Ben and dank truthfully they have been giving nothing but trolling responses including spelling and grammar checking responses as if I'm suposed to care about my spelling and punctuation on the WoW forums .. lol
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Mage
    While your lack of any forms of grammar is appalling, you seem to have avoided acknowledging my initial posts which informed you that you aren't the first person to make a post like this (either on Agamaggan forums or ANY realm forums).

Your initial post was
    [...]get a discussion going on the subject of Agammagan being just merged already[...]

and I joined your "discussion" by posting this response:
    [...]Blizzard has many reasons why they don't care for server merging, such as:

1. Causes an issue with duplicate character names as well as guild names.
    2. While merging two servers may be a welcome change to some players, many others are happy with a low population server where they have played for many years. It's impossible to make everyone happy.
    3. Merging server makes blizzard appear weak, or sends the message that the game is in decline.
    4. Blizzard takes in a ridiculous amount of money from people doing paid server transfers. $25 per character, in a point in the game where solely playing one character is severely limiting yourself.
    5. Blizzard isn't dumb. They know that a majority of their subscribers will keep playing no matter what. See point #4.[...]

Unfortunately, you seem to have missed my rebuttal above.

If you really want to get a "discussion"
    Define "discussion":
    dis·cus·sion
    /disˈkəSHən/
    Noun
    1. The action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    2. A conversation or debate about a certain topic.

started, I would recommend you participate in said "discussion" by acknowledging the "other side" of the argument, instead of just waiting for someone to agree with you.

Define "one-sided argument":

A one-sided argument is a variant of the informal fallacy known as special pleading. In this variant, only the reasons supporting a proposition are supplied, while all reasons opposing it are omitted.

I provided you with reasons opposing your proposal of realm merging, yet you seem to have omitted them. This was surely an accident!

I look forward to hearing from you soon!
    Sincerely,
    Dankestbuds
    Edited by Dankestbuds on 2/6/2013 4:37 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    Dankest to be honest with you bro your doing all that typing and I read maybe the first line and truthfully bro save your breath I give zero !@#$s when it comes to spells/grammer
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Mage
    My last post was shorter than Koruun's last post, but you read his, correct? So this further proves my point that you're not interested in having a discussion with both sides of an argument being equally represented.
    Reply Quote
    and Dankest Yes i read Koruun's post simply because he started with something interesting to say. Your post I did not read because it was nothing but trying to be a troll and a jerk simple as that, but good to see you are a jerk on the forums as you are in game. Most likely are IRL as well
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Mage
    While I cannot deny my trolling tendencies, I did infact provide you with logical explanations as to why Agamaggan (or any other server) will not be merged at least not for a while(maybe when subscribers drop below 5million? 3million? 1million?).

Also, I thought my code written in C programming language in my first post was interesting.
    Edited by Dankestbuds on 2/20/2013 10:52 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Rogue
    sadly agamaggan has been dead for a very long time... they offered free xfers off of it at least once, and if you stayed or rolled after that its really your own fault
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    Poor Agamaggan, it's so dead ): died mostly when faction change became available. When horde started running !@#$ mostly because the decent alliance players went horde..that was it for our lovely little home xD.
    -Aof
    Edited by Lagera on 3/4/2013 1:21 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]