The House of Evil: casting fear in the shade!

90 Human Rogue
welcome!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I realize warlocks are by nature antisocial, but seriously, this thread needs some life.

Warlocks ARE mages who decided not to suck.

They cast Fireball? Cute, my filler spell is INCINERATE. They manipulate arcane energies? I siphon power directly from sources so unspeakably evil and profoundly powerful mortals tremble to utter their name.

When they want to put out high damage, what do they do? Pyroblast. Oh, my big burst spell? Nothin' much, just CHAOS BOLT. I.E. A BOLT OF PURE CHAOS THAT TEARS THE FABRIC OF REALITY AND WARPS OUR VERY EXISTENCE SO THAT LITERALLY NOTHING CAN STOP IT.

Our resource is the souls of our fallen enemies.

They freeze someone's legs to the ground to keep them away. We don't freeze and run; we make THEM run by instilling a terror so irrational and mind-waveringly realistic that they have to flee.

I think the victor here is clear.

This makes me love my warlock even more.

Warlocks as a class are amazing. The lore behind them and Warriors is why I like those two classes so much.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
02/04/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Torakk
My goal in wowlife is to hit someone with a Chaos Bolt so hard that it breaks their computer.

I get "retired" by my guild every time I break something. 2-shotting Chromagus with Chaos Wave is my most recent offense.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I realize warlocks are by nature antisocial, but seriously, this thread needs some life.

This makes me love my warlock even more.

Warlocks as a class are amazing. The lore behind them and Warriors is why I like those two classes so much.

I am just pleased it has stayed front page without me shamelessly bumping it over and over. The community seems small here, but it does seem to exist.
Reply Quote
22 Blood Elf Warlock

I am just pleased it has stayed front page without me shamelessly bumping it over and over. The community seems small here, but it does seem to exist.

Sadly, like all class forums, there is endless QQ, even though Blizzard doesn't read the class forums. Like right now, people are crying about how Fire and Brimstone with Mannoroth's Fury no longer gives Destro's single-target spells a 34 yard radius.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I love being an affliction warlock. I summon my VW and he's like "Send me back" and I'm like...let me one up you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Great week for me in LFR. Apparently it was free weapon day today.

Terrace of Endless spring dropped Regail's Crackling Dagger for me as a secondary roll and also on a second roll the next fight Loshan, Terror Incarnate drops for me. Get out your steel umbrellas if you visit that raid today because it seems to be raining weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yaaaay finally a community Warlock thread! House of Evil sounds kind of... meh... though. Can we decide on something else? The Eye of Kilrogg? Summon More Ziggurats? Fizzled?

Anyways, with all this Warlock lore finally existing and the various mentions of other worlds by Wrathion and the dangers Azeroth faces, plus the loading screen tip about Alleria and Turalyon... Totally calling a new Burning Legion expansion!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Yaaaay finally a community Warlock thread! House of Evil sounds kind of... meh... though. Can we decide on something else? The Eye of Kilrogg? Summon More Ziggurats? Fizzled?

Anyways, with all this Warlock lore finally existing and the various mentions of other worlds by Wrathion and the dangers Azeroth faces, plus the loading screen tip about Alleria and Turalyon... Totally calling a new Burning Legion expansion!

To be quite honest different people are going to want different names. I am sure someone wouldn't be happy with any choice you made as well. It is a personal preference. I chose this name because part of the reason I gravitated towards warlocks is we were the closest thing to an evil class. I was a big necromancer fan in d2.

Also I decided to be the one to try and get a community thread started in here to try and make our forum a little more like a home for warlocks, not just a place to complain. Since I was the person who took the task up of my own volition I got the privilege of naming it.

Long story short about changing the name... no. :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Grats on nabbing the epic weapon. I one day hope to be as leet.

And who else just loves the Wrathguard? Finally the Felguard gets to dual wield, and he looks pretty beastly with Glyph of Felguard and the right weapons. I use two Elementium Poleax myself. Fits his color scheme.

Warlocks: The only class that can not only kill you and take your soul, but look damn good doing it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Addicted to Demon. Love it.. alot of fun and can take on alot. Run around spamming as many enemies as possible with corruption to get there attention and then wipe them all out.

Flew over a Human Warlock while on my druid and smiled as i saw the amount bodies at her feet.... Proud to be a Warlock.

Killed a Boss that 2 tanks... a blood dk and a paladin had trouble soloing.. even at lvl 90

People dont just fight me... they fight me and my little Army of Demons.

Blood Dk in Tol Barad ..comes in and summons his army of the dead... my felguard just mowed them all down.

Burst Dps on a Mob in (LFR)Heart of fear..or the one after it peaked at 537k managed to do it twice... doesnt always work :(

Secondary is Destro ...every now and then ill try Affliction... but i just dont like it.
Edited by Cykoryn on 2/8/2013 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Geez, my computer breaks for 5 days and this thread dies again. To the top with ye!

On the subject of names, we could just do what other forums do and have a base name we all like and agree upon (i.e. Sentry Totem, Mangle: Bear, Power Word:, Tricks of Our Trade:, etc.) and then the person who makes each thread (after the last one caps) gets to choose the second part, which changes every time and is usually a pun (such as my personal favorite of the Rogue community threads, Tricks of our Trade: Dirty Shadowdancing).

The names you suggested sound more like second-part names. The House of Evil is a good prefix, at least as far as I'm concerned. The last attempt was called Codex of Xerrath, and it felt off.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Let's not let this thread die! Come on, Warlock community! With green fire becoming a reality in less than 24 hours, surely we can find something to discuss!

I for one am very excited! I even made this special transmog to bask in all of my green glory...

Otherwise, pushing Garalon hard tonight with raid! =D It's nice that 5.3 won't be a raid patch, give us plenty of time to catch up since we started super late this expansion.

Meanwhile, I've become an absolute Phoenix Wright addict. Hard to find any of them nearby unless I order off of Amazon though...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Woo, so I finally reached 90 on my lock, now I just need to gear watch as my enemies crash to the ground in pure agony, watch as my foes become silenced from my unstable afflictions, and watch as they become corrupted and haunted.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Let's not let this thread die! Come on, Warlock community! With green fire becoming a reality in less than 24 hours, surely we can find something to discuss!

I for one am very excited! I even made this special transmog to bask in all of my green glory...

Otherwise, pushing Garalon hard tonight with raid! =D It's nice that 5.3 won't be a raid patch, give us plenty of time to catch up since we started super late this expansion.

Meanwhile, I've become an absolute Phoenix Wright addict. Hard to find any of them nearby unless I order off of Amazon though...

I decided I wasn't going to prop this thread up by myself if there wasn't enough interest. Nice to see someone haul it back to page one.

I hit and passed the 480 ilevel mark for the new LFR in good time for 5.2. Excited to see the new content. For some reason my warlock has the best luck for drops in LFR. I have had 4 weapons drop for me while my warrior is still using upgraded blues.

I am curious to see how the buffs/nerfs turn out. I am not completely anti-pet, but GrimSac does make life easier in terms of micro. As destro though pet management won't be a big issue as the priority system isn't as demanding as aff or demo.

Now to figure out which pet to use? Grimoire of Supremacy with the observer? I actually like mine, Colcor is a funny little dude.
Edited by Daveydemonic on 3/4/2013 7:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Greetings!

Demo here. I am really enjoying it at this level, but it gets a little frustrating in dungeons. Things die too fast! I wish I could torture them more first.
Reply Quote
I'm sooooo excited about the patch tomorrow. I can now laugh, demonically, at the fact my guild raiding mage is nerfed and my spec is getting buffed hahahahaha. Oh the mage tears will grant me so much joy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
New patch!!

Release the hounds!!!

The felhounds that is!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/06/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Varlth
I love being an affliction warlock. I summon my VW and he's like "Send me back" and I'm like...let me one up you.

Yeah I liked them better before they could talk.

Also I remember you from an lfr, small world.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I am back from the twisting nether. Recently undeleted and almost ready to get back to work.

For those of you who are wondering why I would delete a level 85 toon...

It was a combination of factors. I was really hating the drastic changes they made to warlocks, for one thing. Also, this particular toon had leveled entirely through questing and LFD and had no extra-special achievements nor reputation to speak of.

I was making room for a monk character...

Stuff like that.

Then I am playing in Pandaria and more than once I encountered awesome warlocks who had adapted to the changes and were rocking everything in their path. I got my admiration excited and then I started feeling envious. Next thing you know I am wanting to roll a new warlock, and ten seconds later I'm thinking, "Wait a second... I HAVE a warlock! I could just get her back!"

So, yeah, that's how that goes.

I don't roll on dozens of servers. I have a couple I play on where I have good guilds and friends, and I arbitrarily limit myself to them.

FWIW, I have deleted dozens of characters over the years. Mostly warriors, priests, and shaman that I keep trying and failing to like. Every time there are big changes to gameplay I attempt to dedicate myself to one of my least-loved classes, and usually hit a wall before level 50, where I just don't play them because I just don't like them.

I actually liked my warlock before they messed with her. I have been studying the changes and advice, and I think I can really get back into playing her.

First thing I have to do is get her some derpy gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]