==Cheat Death Fix==

90 Undead Rogue
Make cheat death give a % of HP back to the Rogue and we are good to go!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Warriors get a passive heal give Rogue a sure way to "Cheat Death" and help us survive by allowing Cheat Death to save us and get us out of Execute range.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Cheat Death is OK, but not great as it is. At least it works during stuns, but often you die unless you are lucky.

Want to make Cheat Death effective? I suggest making it vanish you and have it break roots. Maybe then it would give you an actual chance at surviving.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/01/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Imagui
Want to make Cheat Death effective? I suggest making it vanish you and have it break roots. Maybe then it would give you an actual chance at surviving.

Not a bad idea. Would need a downside I'd think. Like not being able to attack for 5seconds following or some length of time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/01/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Hairyhoudini

Not a bad idea. Would need a downside I'd think. Like not being able to attack for 5seconds following or some length of time.

I think the inherent downside is that it only happens when you are nearly dead. You can vanish, but that only gives you 3 seconds to vacate the area before you come out of stealth again from the presumably large amount of DoTs and area of effect stuff that was killing you in the first place.

Personally I use Cheat Death for arenas, because you can't Feint during stuns (not that I'm an Arena expert by any stretch.) It will, occasionally, give me the opportunity to vanish and use Recuperate to get back in the fight. Subterfuge allows me just enough time to get away from combat before being unstealthed by dots. Sometimes I survive. Sometimes not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Most all of our survivability tools are garbage outside of vanish and cloak, but the fact that we have to use cloak with vanish 70% of the time basically just makes them one defensive.

Evasion is crap now since there are so many aoe stuns and it doesn't stop spells.

Combat Readiness is trash since it requires so much ramp up time to be effective.

Feint is trash since we cant use it during stuns/fears.

Recuperate is just a joke, especially with it requiring both CP and energy.

Leeching poison? LOL

Our best defensive imo is hiding like a little !@#$% the entire time until people are too distracted to remember we are there.
Reply Quote

Our best defensive imo is hiding like a little !@#$% the entire time until people are too distracted to remember we are there.

I like to think of it as hiding then striking when they least suspect it :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Just make cloak clear bleeds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I would just like if Cheat death made you immune to everything for 3 seconds. With a 90 second cooldown on that ability, I mean, what's 3 seconds?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'd like to see the day when cheat death really cheats death, something like feign death from hunters, something that would de-target your enemy and you'd appear as dead.
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
02/01/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Poisonpill
I would just like if Cheat death made you immune to everything for 3 seconds. With a 90 second cooldown on that ability, I mean, what's 3 seconds?
Back when Cheat Death sorta worked, 3 seconds of newr-immunity could turn a fight right around in your favor, especially if the opponent was low.

I do like the idea of a Cheat Death that Vanishes.

A crazy idea would be an Active and a Passive:
Active: Brings health to 10% and reduces damage taken by 90%. Abilitiy activates automatically if not on cooldown, instead of taking a killing blow.
Passive: While below 10% health, immune to DoT application (DoTs already on you will will continue to tick normally).
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Tsume
I'd like to see the day when cheat death really cheats death,

Cheat Death is OK, but not great as it is. At least it works during stuns, but often you die unless you are lucky.

I'd suggest something simpler, just have it break (not immune) CC. That's give a player a chance by enabling them to use existing abilities, rather than providing a free Vanish or somesuch. It'd also allow opposing players/teams to force the CD (the Rogue doesn't control it) and have a 90s window in which to go for a kill.

Likewise, I'd love to see Elusiveness make Feint usable while CCed and some PvP healing fixes for Leeching Poison (make it worth a damn).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
When cheat death is activated by reaching 10% HP it phases you out for 2-5 secs. Essentially you're stunned but also immune to all attacks. Kind of like the MW monk ability dematerialize.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
02/02/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Çronus
When cheat death is activated by reaching 10% HP it phases you out for 2-5 secs. Essentially you're stunned but also immune to all attacks. Kind of like the MW monk ability dematerialize.

Please don't make cheat death worthless for pve.
Reply Quote
92 Worgen Death Knight
"I'm jealous of waariors. I want cool toys everyone will !@#$% about as well!"

Oh, wait, you're rogues. They are going to ^-*!@ if you were a one hit wonder because you're tricksy. Like a fat hobbit.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
02/02/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Fierydemise
Please don't make cheat death worthless for pve.

This ^^

Cheat Death is not a bad PvE talent as it is right now. Could it be reworked/improved a little bit? Absolutely. Talking about phasing out, being stunned, or any other crap will just make it a useless PvE talent. As it is, this talent has saved my life quite a few times during raids, LFR and dungeons.

02/02/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Calavero
Why not leave cheat death how it is and learn to use to correctly.

I do not know what do you mean by using Cheat Death correctly? It is a passive talent that basically saves you from dying.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Vallagard
I do not know what do you mean by using Cheat Death correctly? It is a passive talent that basically saves you from dying.

Unless you're CCed, then you probably die.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

I'm just nit-picking here, but a problem i see with that is if you're soloing content, and cheat death is activated, you just reset your fight. This would be a pain in the but for some missions, or Pandarian rare spawns, that you spent 10 minutes chipping away at, just to have it reset on you.

02/02/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Calavero
Why not leave cheat death how it is and learn to use to correctly.

LOL. Troll or brain damage. Can't tell
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I guess I was assuming Cheat Death was being used almost exclusively for PvP, given the far greater utility of the other talent options on that tier for PvE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]