New Duping hax?

90 Human Priest
Playing an alt on an old server of mine. Same guy has been posting golden lotus in the 100s...stack after stack after stack of golden lotus (full stacks, 20 loti per) in a matter of days.

Anyone else notice the same thing or is this guy some kind of genius farmer?

e: or somebody running a botting ring.
Edited by Zamboozle on 2/1/2013 5:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Golden lotus is much more common now that people can grow enigma seeds on a whole stable of alts to get a lot of them. After mmo champion published this change (5.1 I believe) prices have been going down and supply has been going way up. Also there is a rare spawn in townlong that drops a big bag of herbs which has 20 lotus and other assorted herbs in it.

I would just assume somebody is buying up the supply and trying to set prices.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I hereby congratulate the OP on their use of the word "loti". I approve.
Reply Quote
Golden Lotus is fairly common now.

Either the guy is legit and getting rid of a stockpile, or he's a botter and has a pile.

Either is possible.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I have a couple hundred sitting on my Alchemist just from my one farm since 5.1 and I don't farm every day (go 12 in the last 2 days). If I was actively farming them on all 5 of my 90s I have no idea how many I'd have available by now and given that some people say they run more than double digit farm that could be quite a bit of lotus.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Someone selling a lot of stuff.

It must be duped!

I had to check the post date, to make sure it was not 2004.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I run 3 farms on exalted, get plenty of lotus, but 100s of stacks is not happening from this method. Average 5 per day per toon, even 8 toons fully exalted will net 2 stacks a day. Sorry, this is not the way someone is getting 100s of stacks.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I run 3 farms on exalted, get plenty of lotus, but 100s of stacks is not happening from this method. Average 5 per day per toon, even 8 toons fully exalted will net 2 stacks a day. Sorry, this is not the way someone is getting 100s of stacks.

I run 4 toons at exalted and all plant enigma seeds since herbs seem to be all that I can sell on this server. I get a little over 1 stack a day and sell them as soon as I can get to the AH. Price seems fairly stable now but I doubt it will hold so I turn them over as fast as I can.
Reply Quote
This stuff comes and goes in waves. When WoWInsider had a big article about the Golden Lotus yields in the Ranch, everyone did it and prices plummeted. Since there was no money to make and farming is boring, people stopped, and prices have recovered some. Between snatching cheap loti and planting my own, I probably have four stacks, and I haven't even been trying. 100 stacks does seem excessive, though, but if the guy in another thread who is farming with 15 90s is planting nothing but loti, I suppose you could end up with that much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/01/2013 06:18 PMPosted by Seldric
I would just assume somebody is buying up the supply and trying to set prices.

I would be willing to bet this is the case.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
https://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=A-Windrunner&item=72238

Checking a few other random realms with similar AH sizes, Windrunner has substantially more lotus, enough that it does look kinda suspicious. But then I looked at Proudmoore and some of the realms with high AH volumes, they have a similar supply curve except the numbers are much larger, peaking above 1700 lotus available..

So it might just be that Windrunner's lotus supply is normal for their player population and they post less stupid crap on their AH.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah he most likely has a couple of farms.

I have 6 90's now and can grow a LOT of them in a short amount of time. Sounds like that guy has 11?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
https://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=A-Windrunner&item=72238

Checking a few other random realms with similar AH sizes, Windrunner has substantially more lotus, enough that it does look kinda suspicious. But then I looked at Proudmoore and some of the realms with high AH volumes, they have a similar supply curve except the numbers are much larger, peaking above 1700 lotus available..

So it might just be that Windrunner's lotus supply is normal for their player population and they post less stupid crap on their AH.

That is my server, and I haven't noticed anything amiss....yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I dont know why Blizzard wil not have the potions of luck increase the chance of getting a Golden Lotus while herb picking. It would increase the demand for the potions and make it easier to get the Lotus at the same time a win win for the economy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]