Pallys have too meny tools for battlegrounds

90 Pandaren Shaman
So I was doing this warsong today and I kept putting my eathgrab totem down with call of the elements. I also used Frost shock and gyphed earthquake.

A single paladin ran in and out ran 3 people with all the tools I threw at them. Why does a single class can take so much damage, cure, have something to move faster (not sure, something that weakens slow movement), have an ability of not to take damage and no movement effects, then has silence and stun? It is way too meany tools.

I also disagree with the durids having speed kitty in warsong esp before mounts but that is a lot less annoying then dealing with pallys.

(Btw when a DK did what the pally did with me he barely made it out of the flag room)

1 class should not be able to outperform 3 people on 3 different classes.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Priest
Don't worry, pallies are a joke at 90
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You may want to do a little bit of reading in regards to what you're complaining about prior to making a post like this.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
02/01/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Momoka
gyphed earthquake
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
your tools are too meany
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
http://youtu.be/uVZ50qAQrpc?t=1m24s
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Warrior
durids

cat durid is 4 fite
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/01/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Locomotives

So why is the balance so different at different levels?
Reply Quote
So I was doing this warsong today and I kept putting my eathgrab totem down with call of the elements. I also used Frost shock and gyphed earthquake.

A single paladin ran in and out ran 3 people with all the tools I threw at them. Why does a single class can take so much damage, cure, have something to move faster (not sure, something that weakens slow movement), have an ability of not to take damage and no movement effects, then has silence and stun? It is way too meany tools.

I also disagree with the durids having speed kitty in warsong esp before mounts but that is a lot less annoying then dealing with pallys.

(Btw when a DK did what the pally did with me he barely made it out of the flag room)

pallys dont have silence, handfree can be dispelled, anyway ret pallys are one of the weakest spec atm at 90.
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Priest
02/01/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Momoka

So why is the balance so different at different levels?
Because blizzard is too cheap/lazy/incompetent to fix it?

It's honestly a good question, and the best of the speculation is that it would be too hard or take too many resources. Sadly low level pvp has always had balance issues, and it only seems to worsen with each expansion. It's an unfortunate fact of this game. Hell, the can't even balance endgame pvp.
Reply Quote
A single paladin ran in and out ran 3 people with all the tools I threw at them. Why does a single class can take so much damage, cure, have something to move faster (not sure, something that weakens slow movement), have an ability of not to take damage and no movement effects, then has silence and stun? .

Yeah..

No.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

pallys dont have silence, handfree can be dispelled, anyway ret pallys are one of the weakest spec atm at 90.

I have no idea about the class and I am rather new. All I knew is that a "silence" pops up on my screen with a shinny hammer and also "nature lock". I asked if the nature lock was from pally in the BG because I wanted to make sure. I am pretty sure the silence came from them too since I fought, or tried to fight a few solo. This came from doing warsong with the team having 3-4 pallys and they started to camp our gy.

I never had problems like this in any of the other battlegrounds. The only other cheap things I seen was a monk healer not running out of mp as he solo camped like 5 people off BS flag and thunderstorm in eye of the storm (Yay I can be cheap somewhere :) )

I am not sure what the other post means of "yea.... no"

Because blizzard is too cheap/lazy/incompetent to fix it?

It's honestly a good question, and the best of the speculation is that it would be too hard or take too many resources. Sadly low level pvp has always had balance issues, and it only seems to worsen with each expansion. It's an unfortunate fact of this game. Hell, the can't even balance endgame pvp.

So how are pallys weaker at high levels? Their stuns don't last long or damage can bypass bubble or something?
Edited by Momoka on 2/2/2013 2:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/02/2013 02:39 AMPosted by Momoka
I have no idea about the class and I am rather new. All I knew is that a "silence" pops up on my screen with a shinny hammer and also "nature lock". I asked if the nature lock was from pally in the BG because I wanted to make sure. I am pretty sure the silence came from them too since I fought, or tried to fight a few solo.

They interrupted one of your casts. This locks you from your school of casting. This is different from a blanket silence that a DK/Priest/Mage/Hunter/etc. can impose on you. Any melee can interrupt and lock you out of a school.

02/02/2013 02:39 AMPosted by Momoka
So how are pallys weaker at high levels? Their stuns don't last long or damage can bypass bubble or something?

Ret pallies are weaker at high lvl because their damage is only good when bursting. Sustained dps is weak, and their utility is essentially the same as a Holy pally which is better to have because of the way they heal. Holy Pallies are very good at lvl 90. Ret pallies are not so much. They are playable, but they are not as good.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
A single paladin ran in and out ran 3 people with all the tools I threw at them.

This is my favorite part. Once paladin goes in and three come out. Not only did the paladin turn into three people, but he stole all your tools. I'm sure those tools are up on craigslist by now. Paladins are definitely overpowered.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Be glad you weren't here in 3.3.5.

You would have HATED Paladins with every inch of yourself then.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I have no idea about the class and I am rather new. All I knew is that a "silence" pops up on my screen with a shinny hammer and also "nature lock". I asked if the nature lock was from pally in the BG because I wanted to make sure. I am pretty sure the silence came from them too since I fought, or tried to fight a few solo.

They interrupted one of your casts. This locks you from your school of casting. This is different from a blanket silence that a DK/Priest/Mage/Hunter/etc. can impose on you. Any melee can interrupt and lock you out of a school.

Ret pallies are weaker at high lvl because their damage is only good when bursting. Sustained dps is weak, and their utility is essentially the same as a Holy pally which is better to have because of the way they heal. Holy Pallies are very good at lvl 90. Ret pallies are not so much. They are playable, but they are not as good.

No I got silence too. It shows a hammer and says "silence" on my screen then few seconds later there is "nature lock" I am pretty sure that icon comes from a pally like all other spells -.- Plus I seen a single pally guarding something and hits me with it.

Be glad you weren't here in 3.3.5.

You would have HATED Paladins with every inch of yourself then.

When was that? I hated my ex a few years ago when he started to get suck up from doing so much damage.
Edited by Momoka on 2/2/2013 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/02/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Prall
A single paladin ran in and out ran 3 people with all the tools I threw at them.

This is my favorite part. Once paladin goes in and three come out. Not only did the paladin turn into three people, but he stole all your tools. I'm sure those tools are up on craigslist by now. Paladins are definitely overpowered.

lold
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Druid
^

I can't stop laughing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]