Allow us to blacklist 3 BGs please

90 Troll Druid
2 is not enough.

I need to blacklist AV, SotA, and IoC. I leave every AV I get in anyways so why not just give us a third?

Thanks
Reply Quote
43 Undead Monk
why not just queue specific
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Pozymao

You know logic isn't allowed here.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I would rather them put in something where you can select two BGs to favourite randomly play, instead of being forced to suffer through all the ones we dislike, - the two we blacklist. I'm sure everyone has two favourites!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I will always black list av and ioc, strand I can tolerate because I just ignore objectives and fight on the beach and kill demos for high damage numbers, which makes me the best in the bg.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
If you queue for random battlegrounds, you don't get Conquest for winning them. That's kind of the point of battlegrounds when people have full Honor gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/02/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Dashadeash
If you queue for random battlegrounds, you don't get Conquest for winning them.

Brain damaged
Reply Quote
43 Undead Monk
02/02/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Dashadeash
If you queue for random battlegrounds, you don't get Conquest for winning them. That's kind of the point of battlegrounds when people have full Honor gear.

02/02/2013 05:50 PMPosted by Shâd
Brain damaged

i'll go ahead and assume he meant "if you queue for specific battlegrounds..,"

if you're queueing randoms for conquest, chances are you're too undergeared to cap from 2s 10 games a week

if you're too undergeared for that, you shouldn't be participating in battlegrounds that require more individual effort, aka battlegrounds that aren't strand/ioc/av

strand/ioc/av are perfect gearing up battlegrounds as they require class mechanics and body count more than individual performance and gear checks

really the argument that people shouldn't queue specific because they need their conquest from randoms but don't want to be 'stuck' in strand/ioc/av is completely asinine

"but pozy are you really saying that i should just blacklist 10 man battlegrounds while gearing up and be 'stuck' in the larger battlegrounds to leech with my poor gear?"

yes i am. at this point in the game that's what pve battlegrounds are there for. leech away, get geared, then blacklist battlegrounds you don't like if you completely insist on playing randoms. it's a game, play to have fun, not to get points. if you keep getting 'stuck' in battlegrounds from randoms, STOP QUEUEING RANDOMS THEN AND DO 2v2 FOR POINTS OR QUEUE SPECIFIC TO HAVE FUN
Edited by Pozymao on 2/2/2013 6:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/02/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Pozymao

Because there's 7 BGs other than AV, IoC and Strand and I enjoy all of them?

You know logic isn't allowed here.

If the argument of "why not just queue specific" were that sound, the blacklist feature wouldn't have been implemented in the first place
Edited by Deziration on 2/2/2013 6:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
"but pozy are you really saying that i should just blacklist 10 man battlegrounds while gearing up and be 'stuck' in the larger battlegrounds to leech with my poor gear?"

yes i am. at this point in the game that's what pve battlegrounds are there for. leech away, get geared, then blacklist battlegrounds you don't like if you completely insist on playing randoms. it's a game, play to have fun, not to get points. if you keep getting 'stuck' in battlegrounds from randoms, STOP QUEUEING RANDOMS THEN AND DO 2v2 FOR POINTS OR QUEUE SPECIFIC TO HAVE FUN

Pozy needs a hug...
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
02/02/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Pozymao
it's a game, play to have fun, not to get points

Wisdom.
Reply Quote
43 Undead Monk
02/02/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Deziration
Because there's 7 BGs other than AV, IoC and Strand and I enjoy all of them?

www.random.org
roll 0-6
0 - WSG
1 - TP
2 - BFG
3 - AB
4 - ToK
5 - EoTS
6 - SSM

wwooOOOaaaAAahHHh

it's still random but you don't get 'stuck' anymore

ooOOOOaaaHHHHwwwWHHao

http://i.imgur.com/K4wOYuh.gif
Edited by Pozymao on 2/2/2013 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
roll 0-6
0 - WSG
1 - TP
2 - BFG
3 - AB
4 - ToK
5 - EoTS
6 - SSM

not good enough sorry. plus you don't get the random battleground benefits

What's the problem with being able to blacklist 3? I just don't see the issue
Reply Quote
43 Undead Monk
02/02/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Deziration
plus you don't get the random battleground benefits

so you're saying it is about the benefits?

then i redirect you to my earlier post where i tell you you should be glad you got into ioc/strand/av becuase they require minimal effort on your part. if you're doing BGs for conquest, you want them to be over fast. ioc/strand/av are over fast.

02/02/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Deziration
What's the problem with being able to blacklist 3? I just don't see the issue

What's the problem with blacklisting 9? I just don't see the issue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I could play this game and do nothing but WSG and AB. If pvp were actually fun in mop like we were promised I would probably play even more. Think I might look for a different game instead of this one, and hope that blizz fixes this one shot fest they call pvp. Player VS Player, not stun the person and kill them with 3 or less shots.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/02/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Pozymao
so you're saying it is about the benefits?

Just because something is listed doesn't mean the entire argument is composed of that point. Surely a witty and intelligent poster as yourself would be able to comprehend that the issue of benefits was added as an afterthought, hence the "plus". Hopefully you'll understand now that I've drawn it out for you.
If not, to put it in simpler terms - no.

02/02/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Pozymao
What's the problem with blacklisting 9? I just don't see the issue.

Explain.
Edited by Deziration on 2/2/2013 9:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
43 Undead Monk
02/02/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Deziration
Surely a witty and intelligent poster as yourself

i can be very rude, i'm aware. no need to get sour.

Hopefully you'll understand now that I've drawn it out for you.
If not, to put it in simpler terms - no.

clearly it is about the benefits. you won't accept a true-random solution out of game, you'd rather have a pseudo-random solution in game with benefits. there are only two reasons you would want the latter. either you hate true randomness or you don't want to give up the benefits.

02/02/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Deziration
Explain.

blacklisting 9 out of 10 battlegrounds is obviously not a good system. it's single queueing with the added rewards. i chose 9 out of 10 because it's the same as 3 out of 10 in that wanting more than you already have. if there was the option to blacklist only 1 battleground, people would want to blacklist 2. now that there are 2, you want 3. if there was 3, someone else would probably want 4.

---------

a sort of relevant opinion; if it were up to me, i would give specific queues the same rewards as randoms. but randoms exist for a reason. that reason is to populate battlegrounds. specific queuers are fed random queuers. without the random battleground feature, unpopular battlegrounds such as Isle of Conquest would probably crash and burn in regards to queue times. i've yet to come up with a solution for that, and i don't think blizzard has either to justify giving specific queueing the same rewards.

i understand that it's frustrating getting 'stuck' in that third battleground for you, but if everyone could blacklist AV, IOC and Strand queue times would be significantly longer. as an avid player of AV and IoC, i depend on people from the random queue to be put into my battlegrounds to populate them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
SotA isn't so bad. I find that if you focus on the players that are attacking your teammates rather than just focusing on the demos, you end up having more fun.
Edited by Demoniclily on 2/2/2013 10:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/02/2013 10:06 PMPosted by Pozymao
i can be very rude, i'm aware. no need to get sour.

I like to keep it playful. I wouldn't say you're rude, it's just annoying when people nit-pick for one argument that they disagree with and act like it's the whole deal. It's nothing against you, just the fallacious nature of the post that I quoted.

clearly it is about the benefits. you won't accept a true-random solution out of game, you'd rather have a pseudo-random solution in game with benefits. there are only two reasons you would want the latter. either you hate true randomness or you don't want to give up the benefits.

The benefits really do nothing for me. Conquest capping is a non-issue and I don't need honor at all on this toon so I assure you ; it's not about the benefits. A system that you mentioned would work, but it doesn't give you that same feeling of clicking the "Enter Battleground" button and being excited about what pops up afterwards. Plus I feel like I would cheat with that little roll system. Surely you can see how the two are different.

And in the end, there are people who do need the benefits. But just to clarify, no... it's not all about the benefits, but they are worth noting.

blacklisting 9 out of 10 battlegrounds is obviously not a good system. it's single queueing with the added rewards. i chose 9 out of 10 because it's the same as 3 out of 10 in that wanting more than you already have. if there was the option to blacklist only 1 battleground, people would want to blacklist 2. now that there are 2, you want 3. if there was 3, someone else would probably want 4.

I see what you mean now but 3 is still a long jump from 9. The blacklist system is newly introduced (and still buggy) so I might as well just throw my requests out there just to see what happens. The WoW community is notorious for getting an inch and wanting a mile but bumping it up from 2 to 3 wouldn't hurt. The slippery slope argument is used too much for everything that comes as a QoL change to players.

a sort of relevant opinion; if it were up to me, i would give specific queues the same rewards as randoms. but randoms exist for a reason. that reason is to populate battlegrounds. specific queuers are fed random queuers. without the random battleground feature, unpopular battlegrounds such as Isle of Conquest would probably crash and burn in regards to queue times. i've yet to come up with a solution for that, and i don't think blizzard has either to justify giving specific queueing the same rewards.

Randoms do exist for a reason but from my experience and playing with other PvPers, the three most popular to blacklist are AV, IoC, and SotA. You act is if bumping up the blacklist feature from 2 battlegrounds to 3 battlegrounds would cause a massive chain effect and ruin queue times forever but the reality is that it wouldn't.

i understand that it's frustrating getting 'stuck' in that third battleground for you, but if everyone could blacklist AV, IOC and Strand queue times would be significantly longer. as an avid player of AV and IoC, i depend on people from the random queue to be put into my battlegrounds to populate them.

But that's just the thing, I only get 'stuck' in the sense that I'm literally stuck having to do something else because I can't even stand AV unless I'm with friends or guildies so I get the deserter buff and get to just set around for 15 minutes. So either way, that BG loses me as a player. Sure it can put me in the queue system but that doesn't change the fact that I will leave and population-wise it will have the same effect as if I blacklisted it
Edited by Deziration on 2/2/2013 10:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
02/02/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Pozymao

Brain damaged

i'll go ahead and assume he meant "if you queue for specific battlegrounds..,"

Yeah, my bad.

Either way, at most, games last for 15 minutes, and if you're getting curbstomped, it won't last for 15 minutes unless you're getting honor-farmed at a graveyard. If you are, they're only gonna get 2-10 honor per kill, and at most, 5-10 kills a minute. It's usually well into a game that the opposing team gets into the honor-farm mode, so it isn't like they're making a ton of honor.

Relax, die a few more times, pick yourself up out of the dirt and press on. You win some, you lose some.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]