Old Dungeons

80 Gnome Priest
Just a suggestion, can you remove the gear checks for old dungeons? It's really kinda silly. On this char I hit 80 and am barred from all WOTLK heroics and Cataclysm dungeons. I can't even do Trial of the Champion or the Icecrown Citadel dungeons. On another char at 84 I'm barred from all Cataclysm level 85 dungeons.

I know when they were current content you wanted to put in limits and stop people from getting in over their heads perhaps. But at this point it serves no purpose. Leveling via instancing is great - until you hit this wall around 80, at which point you're going to have to grind out gear in zone quests and possibly outlevel an instance before you pass the gear check to queue for it...

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
It still keeps people from getting in over their heads.

The average player perception, It lights up I should be able to clear it.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
I wouldn't recommend removing the gear checks, but BRC and Throne of Tides do feel unusual if you are a dungeon leveler and have to stop and either make AH purchases or do some quest grinding, of course same goes for Temple of the Jade Serpent. That said, I don't mind Blizzard requiring a little questing or AH purchases to up your gear before going in, in order to keep some modicum challenge for new players.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/04/2013 12:55 AMPosted by Psynister
of course same goes for Temple of the Jade Serpent.

You can buy a full set of 372 (?) in pearlfin village for around 250g and be completely 5 man ready the second you finish the introduction to pandaria (Not sure of where the horde equivalent is)
Edited by Asane on 2/4/2013 1:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
02/04/2013 01:04 AMPosted by Asane
Not sure of where the horde equivalent is
Grookin Hill
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue

You can buy a full set of 372 (?) in pearlfin village for around 250g and be completely 5 man ready the second you finish the introduction to pandaria (Not sure of where the horde equivalent is)

I know you get ridiculous amounts of gold from the leveling process when questing (ok, so maybe not "ridiculous", but you get plenty). Makes me curious what type of income dungeon spamming players get. Obviously those who level via PVP are pretty much broke. Would be nice to see that you could get an equivalent income for each path. In which case I would tend to agree that there shouldn't be an issue with buying 372 set gear.
Reply Quote
22 Goblin Warlock

I did this last night, I might have waited too long but I spent little over an hour on the intro and did about 25 quests. I think I made about 350g and received about 5 or 6 quest items. I spent around 250g and bought trinkets and rings along will all other sub 372 items. Very nice to fill all my slots with role specific gear.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I know you get ridiculous amounts of gold from the leveling process when questing (ok, so maybe not "ridiculous", but you get plenty). Makes me curious what type of income dungeon spamming players get. Obviously those who level via PVP are pretty much broke. Would be nice to see that you could get an equivalent income for each path. In which case I would tend to agree that there shouldn't be an issue with buying 372 set gear.

You definitely make enough leveling through dungeons to buy this whole set.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]