mounts and banks....

51 Human Warrior
Game says I qualify to train to ride a mount now, but the train button stays disabled when I am talking to the trainer....what am I missing?

Trying to put some of my inventory in my bank, but keep getting a message "That item does not go here." What am I likely doing wrong?

Thanks guys!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
You can train to ride mounts at level 20, so you're past due. Are you sure you haven't learned already? You're next step would be to buy a mount, usually right near the riding trainer.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Nubiedude
Game says I qualify to train to ride a mount now, but the train button stays disabled when I am talking to the trainer....what am I missing?

Actually...you could start riding a mount at 20 :/

At 40, you can train Journeyman level and go faster. According to the Armory, you've already learned Apprentice riding, which is the first basic level. My first guess is that either you don't have enough gold (it'll cost between 40-50g, depending on the trainer), or the trainer's list is showing Apprentice and you're trying to purchase it again. Only other reason I can think of is that the Apprentice Riding is from another character, so if this character doesn't have it yet, you'd need to train that level first to make Journeyman available.

You can also speak with a mount vendor to get something to ride; right now you can only buy a horse from the stables in Stormwind, Eastvale Logging Camp, or Menethil Harbor, but once your reputation with the other Alliance races reaches Exalted, you can buy their mounts as well. Katie Stokx is in SW, so she might be the most convenient to visit:
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=43694

Not sure about the bank problem, but offhand are you trying to place an item in one of the spots along the bottom row? If so, only bags can be placed in those spots, which will provide more storage space. If not, what item are you trying to store?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Trying to put some of my inventory in my bank, but keep getting a message "That item does not go here." What am I likely doing wrong?

Are you trying to put it in the Void Storage? Void Storage only holds specific things, gear that can be transmogged (used to change the appearance of the gear you are wearing).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/03/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Nubiedude
You ahve already trained in Apprentice. You should be able to ride the low level mounts.

Since you are level 40 you can no train in Journeyman and get the "cooler" land mounts.

Are you only trained in apprentice but trying to learn a mount that requires journeyman?

Either you are at void storage as someone else has pointed out, or you may have a specialty bag (i.e., mining bags can only hold items you get from mining (ore, stone, gems), but can't hold armor, herbs, etc.
Reply Quote
51 Human Warrior
I don't think I understand void storage. I went to a bank in Stormwind hoping to deposit all my various quest items so I don't have to keep carrying them around, but all I saw when I clicked on the teller was four rows of inventory items and a blank row at the bottom with three purchased bags and two empty slots. Nothing I have in my backpack or collecting bags or dragged from the four rows above will go in any of the slots across the bottom row. Other than dragging it all to the ground and destroying it, how do I stop carrying around all this stuff?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Don't bother with Void Storage yet, it's a gold sink for much later, when your regular bank is completely stuffed with useless junk you can't bear to sell because you just know you'll need it someday, and a few items you DO actually use once in a while. The Void Storage NPC is an ethereal, and VERY obviously not from around Stormwind, so you'll know when you're speaking with him instead of a regular bank teller.

In the regular banks (the ones with multiple tellers like where you were), you can only place a bag in those slots along the bottom, they aren't for storing individual items. And probably the reason why nothing can be moved into the bags you do have along the bottom is because those bags are full.

There are vendors all over the world, and a few shops right there near the bank and Auction House. Just click one of the vendors, and when the window pops up, your bags will automatically open and you can start right-clicking on everything you no longer want. There's a shop called Everyday Merchandise that's right around the corner from the bank, and two of the vendors sell bags for those two empty slots you have in the bank:
http://www.wowpedia.org/Everyday_Merchandise
Edited by Drewb on 2/10/2013 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
Actually, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you've been speaking with vendors already, because your gear is at full durability (meaning you've probably repaired it), so perhaps the issue is with keeping things that really aren't needed.

If you have items that are used for a quest, go finish the quests and each item should disappear when you're done using it. Since there are still a few buggy quests in which the item doesn't vanish, you can look up the quest on Wowhead.com to see if others have noticed the problem too, and if it's safe to just delete the item.

If you have any quest rewards that will be upgrades to your gear, equip those puppies. It'll strengthen your character as well as free up space. If the quest reward isn't gear that has Strength on it (mail, and preferrably plate now, as well as weapons you can equip), sell it. However, if you really like the look of an item (and in the case of armor, it's plate and not cloth/leather/mail), you could save it in case it can be used for Transmogrification; when you get around to learning more about Transmog, you can determine then whether or not is was worth keeping, and if it wasn't you can just sell it, but if it was you'll be glad because they generally don't restore quest rewards and questing is the only source for certain items.

If the name of the item is grey, it can be vendored. If the name is white, green, blue, or purple, and the item isn't soulbound (it'll say in the item's description), you can try selling it in the Auction House in case another player might want it.
Edited by Drewb on 2/10/2013 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
A few words to add to Drewb's hints ... replace your head armor STAT. It's leather, you should be in all mail (plate would be better, but at 41 you may not have found enough yet). At level 50 (I think ... may be 60, I'm brain farting right now) you'll get a bonus for having plate in all your armor slots (rings, trinkets, cape and weapon don't have armor classes, so don't worry about trying to find a plate ring). Get rid of all the stuff that you have with Spirit, Agility and Intellect ... you don't need to be smart or fast, you just need to be tough. :) (Intellect is for casters like mages/priests, Spirit is basically for healers, and Agility is for rogues/hunters and some monk/druid specs) Strength and Stamina are going to be your best friends. Check out websites like Wowhead and Wowwiki for info on pretty much anything you run across in the game (like if you find some item that you have no clue what to do with, or get stumped on a quest), and Noxxic and Icy-Veins for ideas on how to equip your character and what talents to use (Icy-Veins gives a good description of exactly what those talents do, much easier to understand than the in-game tooltip).
Reply Quote
51 Human Warrior
Thank you! You guys rock...I now have disposed of much of my inventory and replaced it with money, I am better equipped, and I am riding a horse!

The problem with the riding was ... I didn't need to train, I just needed to buy a horse!

Just one last issue before I can leave Stormwind City and return to my quests in Booty Bay..
Cannot seem to find any place to buy a chain mail or plate helmet to replace my leather one.

I am currently resting at the Guilded Rose....can someone direct me to a helmet vendor?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Vendors only sell white quality gear until you get to end-game, and it's not worth buying. Do quests and run dungeons and you'll eventually find a helm replacement.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
02/10/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Nubiedude
Just one last issue before I can leave Stormwind City and return to my quests in Booty Bay..

You should probably head off to Eastern Plaguelands at your level

02/10/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Icedragon
Vendors only sell white quality gear until you get to end-game

There are plenty of vendors which sell low level green/stat items all over the world.

...and I didn't notice anyone mention it, but you're fury spec with a shield.. shields are for protection warriors.
At 38, fury warriors get Titan's Grip, which allows you to duel wield 2 x 2 hand weapons.
(which is what you should be using)

some available plate helms:
Helm of the Thousand Needles = quest in Thousand Needles

Icemetal Barbute = drop from Razorfen Downs

Infectis Scuttler Helm = quest in Eastern Plaguelands
Edited by Nobully on 2/10/2013 9:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
You could also check in the AH to see if anyone's selling any plate helms for cheap (like, a few gold). At the very least, the BB quests give a mail helm with Strength that could tide you over.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]