Gear Help ( Resto )

90 Night Elf Druid
Hey all

Okay so I need some help with my gear, I know It's quite terrible... I just don't know where to start looking into getting gear for my Resto Druid. I've just come back after a about a years break and I'm to scared to go into a dungeon with the current gear I have on, as I don't think It's good enough.

All I've been doing lately is PvP and I seem to go really well in there, I have a main that's 85 so I'd be be able to get any gear that I couldn't on this toon. I just need some help that's all I hope you guys could help.

Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
As a lowbie you want to stack as much spirit gear as possible!!!!!

As well you can have cloth, however once you hit 70ish you really want to be in leather. If your main is 85 i highly recommend grabbing the heirlooms, they will really help you not only level, but give you good stats to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As a low level druid, just hop in that instance and faceroll those heals. Just make sure to have lifebloom up on the tank, and throw some random rejuvs when people are getting low. In low lvl dungeons, your gear is not that important. Just use what you get leveling and what you'll get in dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you plan to heal 5mans while lvling i suggest you buy a season of a tv show you like on dvd.

Low lvl 5mans are the most boring thing to heal in the game. You will go crazy without something else to watch or do.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't see gear really that important until you hit 90. But that's just me. Lvling from 85-90 healing 5 man's I had no problem even with extremely sub-par gear.
Resto druid = hot'em up and go make some coffee :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

As well you can have cloth, however once you hit 70ish you really want to be in leather. If your main is 85 i highly recommend grabbing the heirlooms, they will really help you not only level, but give you good stats to do so.

DO NOT WEAR CLOTH EVER! EVER EVER EVER
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Armor type doesnt really matter till you got leather specialization at lvl 40 or 50. Till then grabbing cloth isnt a big deal
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pretty much as the above posters have stated.

Below level 70, having a few cloth items are fine. As long as you need them and can't find any other good replacement. After you hit level 70 though, primarily focus on all leather gear and stats.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/05/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Jerramie

Not the case at low levels... you would be fine... just as long as the cloth gear has spirit... dont be jacking lame stam int cloth gear... go for the spirit. Thats should be all you care about at low levels.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Wow thank you all for all the responses, I appreciate it all so much! :D I've done a few dungeons nothing has really dropped that's been great but It's better then nothing, from the above posts 5mans are quite for me. I only have a few cloth items due to the fact I can't replace them with anything yet.

02/05/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Icandygriz
If you plan to heal 5mans while lvling i suggest you buy a season of a tv show you like on dvd.

I have my anime :D lol

Thank you all for the help!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/05/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Valver
Wow thank you all for all the responses, I appreciate it all so much! :D I've done a few dungeons nothing has really dropped that's been great but It's better then nothing, from the above posts 5mans are quite for me. I only have a few cloth items due to the fact I can't replace them with anything yet.

Like I said its fine for low levels since you level out so fast! However leather specialization gives a bonus of int and armor, so its recommended, but not going to be the death of you. So you should be fine!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/05/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Icandygriz
Armor type doesnt really matter till you got leather specialization at lvl 40 or 50. Till then grabbing cloth isnt a big deal

Even beyond then, you're going to often be better off with cloth. This is just because pre-Wrath, there wasn't a whole lot of caster leather out there: Boom/Resto druids during Vanilla and TBC just accepted that they'd often be wearing some leather and some cloth.

Whenever possible, though (once you get armor specialization), keep to leather. Once into Wrath content and beyond, you'll never, ever want cloth unless for some reason the leather piece you're wearing is like 10+ levels old.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]