Please put a tiny bit of work towards LFD

100 Undead Priest
Being outrolled on gear by classes that are not matched to it needs to be changed
(i.e rolling for a piece of gear with spell power and spirit as a healer should mean you will always beat a dps class who is also rolling need) - I'm sure before the new loot system (in LFR), when rolling for gear that was specific for your class/role it gave you +100 to your roll which meant other class roles had no chance of winning against your roll. Just adding this to LFD would make a world of difference.

The vote to kick system also needs work, I was removed from a group and then got the 30min debuff on top, saying that I had Deserted my group.
That and the timing system that says you have to wait before you can remove someone from group. 4/5 people in a group trying to kick someone who is afk/dc and you cant because it says you have to wait.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/03/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Medique
i.e rolling for a piece of gear with spell power and spirit as a healer should mean you will always beat a dps class who is also rolling need

Oh look, it's the classic "I don't know that hybrids get hit from spirit" post. Surprised this one hasnt popped up in a few weeks.

The vote to kick system also needs work, I was removed from a group and then got the 30min debuff on top, saying that I had Deserted my group.
That and the timing system that says you have to wait before you can remove someone from group. 4/5 people in a group trying to kick someone who is afk/dc and you cant because it says you have to wait.

This is like

the triefecta.

You complain that it's too easy to kick, but that it's too hard at the same time... Is this a troll post, or are you really this hypocritical?
Edited by Postonforums on 2/3/2013 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
02/03/2013 11:47 PMPosted by Postonforums
i.e rolling for a piece of gear with spell power and spirit as a healer should mean you will always beat a dps class who is also rolling need

Oh look, it's the classic "I don't know that hybrids get hit from spirit" post. Surprised this one hasnt popped up in a few weeks.

This is like

the triefecta.

You complain that it's too easy to kick, but that it's too hard at the same time... Is this a troll post, or are you really this hypocritical?

Ok for someone who names them self Postonforums you really need to learn to read. Being removed from a group is fair enough, but then getting a debuff that says you DESERTED the group? Do you understand the difference between getting kicked against your own free will and leaving the group yourself?

And if you think someone who queues as dps rolling need and winning against someone who is actually specced to use it? lol@you

I guess this thread wont be taken seriously now, thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
02/03/2013 11:58 PMPosted by Medique
Ok for someone who names them self Postonforums you really need to learn to read. Being removed from a group is fair enough, but then getting a debuff that says you DESERTED the group? Do you understand the difference between getting kicked against your own free will and leaving the group yourself?

Yes, beng kicked should be a harsher penalty.

And if you think someone who queues as dps rolling need and winning against someone who is actually specced to use it? lol@you

Shadow Priests, Balance Druids and Elemental Shamans all use spirit.

No worries, nobody ever takes a person using an empty dragonling trinket seriously.
Edited by Postonforums on 2/4/2013 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman

Tbh I couldn't do it past :

02/03/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Medique
(i.e rolling for a piece of gear with spell power and spirit as a healer should mean you will always beat a dps class who is also rolling need)

02/04/2013 12:02 AMPosted by Postonforums
Shadow Priests, Balance Druids and Elemental Shamans all use spirit.
^ /wave
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Ok let me put this into perspective for you. You're in a group with 4 other people from the same guild running Scarlet Monastery. The tank runs to the boss by himself pulling everything in the first area including the boss and wipes us. You're kicked out.
So whats the penalty for that one chump?

And do ret pally's use spirit as well? Because thats what outrolled me.

It's because of people like you that suggestions and comments are disregarded on these forums. A serious post is turned into complete BS because you come in and just think you know all the answers.

Good work mate.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Actually I'd wager your topic "turned into complete BS" because when he brought up counterpoints, you got really pissy and angry instead of bringing up your own points and trying to show people why you're right.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/04/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Medique
So whats the penalty for that one chump?

Being kicked with a deserter debuff

And do ret pally's use spirit as well? Because thats what outrolled me.

When they play Holy they do, believe it or not, people use 5 mans to gear up.

It's because of people like you that suggestions and comments are disregarded on these forums. A serious post is turned into complete BS because you come in and just think you know all the answers.

People like me? You mean someone whos run over 500 pandarian heroics and knows the situations you're describing better than you? I do know all the answers for 5 mans, I've done them inside out, and I've played every spec in this game in every situation available more or less.
Edited by Asane on 2/4/2013 12:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Postonforums can be a bit harsh at times. But Medique, it is true, Spirit gets converted to Hit for Balance Druids, Ele Shamans and Shadow Priests. A better argument would have been the Back and Neck pieces that can be universally rolled Need on, just because anyone can equip them. I've heard stories of Hunters needing on Strength necks just to boost their ilvl.

But you can't be too restrictive with LFD rolls because it's the main way to start gearing up an off spec, as this can't be as easily done in LFR right now.

Finally, I believe the deserter debuff is given after getting kicked as a fail-safe against people queuing up specifically to grief a group. Just like you said, if someone is AFKing and gets kicked, they get a debuff to stop them from being able to do it again. Sometimes you get unlucky and group just wants to kick you for whatever reason, but I haven't seen that happen in a while, including on my very low geared resto druid.

As for kick troubles, that's only a problem if you're vote-kick happy and get a long VK timer, or the offender is smart enough to chain pull so you can't kick in combat. That last rule is the only one that I don't fully understand.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
Actually used to be you didn't get the debuff when you were kicked, but the problem was people would abuse that mechanic.

Get a dungeon you don't like? Be a jerk until the group kicks you so you can avoid the debuff so you can queue again.

Face it if people can game a system, then they will. It's sad but true. That's why they changed how loot works in lfr.

As for your complaint about gear rolls... Blizz has already stated that they want dungeons to be less restrictive. If it's useful for any of your specs you can roll on it. Now there are some items that aren't flagged properly, but a pally can use spirit/intel gear for holy so as far as Blizz is concerned it's working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

Smug, but doesn't it suck that a ret pally could roll on epic spirit weapon off last boss @ 5% drop rate? These super rare things should be in a LFR fail bag or something you get separately off last bosses. The only reason I farmed my bow was I knew nobody else could roll on it.
Edited by Positivity on 2/4/2013 2:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Smug, but doesn't it suck that a ret pally could roll on epic spirit weapon off last boss @ 5% drop rate? These super rare things should be in a LFR fail bag or something you get separately off last bosses. The only reason I farmed my bow was I knew nobody else could roll on it.

I think those epics were a big deal only in the few weeks before LFR came out. Now there are just so many other, better options.

Edit: Point being, dungeon gear, even the epic stuff, is almost as long-lasting as leveling gear now that LFR exists.
Edited by Zakigga on 2/4/2013 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The criticisms of your OP are completely correct. Not letting people roll need on OS gear would severely hamper gearing alts and offspecs, reduce the number of available tanks and healers overall, and generally hurt the quality of endgame random content.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
02/04/2013 02:12 AMPosted by Positivity
Smug, but doesn't it suck that a ret pally could roll on epic spirit weapon off last boss @ 5% drop rate?

Well a hunter can roll on the epic strength melee weapons.

02/04/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Zakigga
I think those epics were a big deal only in the few weeks before LFR came out. Now there are just so many other, better options.

No valor option for weapons which makes it a bit harder.
My warrior alt normally tanks the 5 mans except for guild runs where their is another tank. 43 Pandaren heroics is a reasonable number, never seen a strength one hander. I did get a rare 1 hander from a scenario bag but it was a agility weapon. I mostly dps lfr so no luck their.

But while I feel the stupid stuff should be fixed, druids on parry, mages on spirit and healing procs, hunters on strength. Offspec in 5 man lfd serves a valuable purpose, yes I cringe every time I see a ret pally roll on spirit and tanking gear and dps gear all in the same run. But you can't draw a line that will stop that and not hurt 5 mans.

Dungeon deserter debuf is given on vote kicks because people tryed to avoid the debuf by forcing a kick. I prefer that, best way to avoid it? don't get kicked.

Any dc that has been dc'ed for more then 3 minutes is a free kick with no vote kick protection.

OP I don't know if your the 500th or 1000th thread on this but their have been a lot, its old ground that has been rehashed over and over. LFD is not perfect its a series of compromises, virtually any change that improves it for someone is going to make it worse for someone else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/04/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Mate
No valor option for weapons which makes it a bit harder.

I shouldn't have said "so many better options." That was exaggerated. I should have just said there are LFR weapons. I believe most classes can get a weapon out of MV in addition to the Sha-Touched ones out of ToES (and the mace from Empress).

I just meant at this point, seeing one of those drop would just be a nice perk for someone who just dinged 90, whether a new player or an alt. I saw one strength weapon drop once, some lucky warrior got it. The drop rate AFAIK is incredibly low for all of them though, to the point where I wondered at launch why they were put in at all really.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]