Ferals in PvP

90 Draenei Hunter
why do they have 100% uptime? cannot be stopped. i dont understand it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
are you complaining about this as a hunter? as a beast mastery hunter? have you pvp'ed vs them as every other class/spec in the game to know that they have 100% uptime on everything?

wait? what? cannot be stopped? you mean, like, you can't kill them?

first off fear sort of ruins their day. spammable slows also are not fun for them. roots are something they can get out of sure... but they do have to shift. if you can keep them shifting you are ahead.

you know if you want you can get a shale spider for the extra stun right? you are making use of GT and CS and not wasting them both right off the bat right? are you able to trap them without scatter? practice. if you time it right you can fear them and that is a big plus. you are making use of MC yeah? you also have deterrence and disengage right? then you can reset and do it all again right?

but you find them too much yeah?

also you know for a long time if a wellgeared feral open on you and your trinket was down it meant you were dead. if you are letting them put their BURST cds into you then you will die fast.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I am not sure how you some how think they have 100% uptime... It is not hard to kite a feral druid at all. Sure feral druids can shift out of roots but it takes a cool down and alot of mana. So while we're trying to shapeshift, we're not doing anything but getting killed.

If you want to kill them, you may want to start working on your gear. If I went up against a hunter with gear like yours, I would expect to kill it easily... There might be something wrong with my class if I have difficulties killing you at your current state.

If you want to work on gear, best way to start is to buy some contender's gear first to get some resilience and then start working on your pvp gear.
Edited by Khronuslight on 2/4/2013 8:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Feral Druids don't have 100% up time.

It's more like 90% vs most classes

Vs a hunter you could expect a Feral to have ~40% up time. Not even close to 100%.

If you want to kill them, you may want to start working on your gear. If I went up against a hunter with gear like yours, I would expect to kill it easily... There might be something wrong with my class if I have difficulties killing you at your current state.

There is a chance the hunter is posting on an alt, and not his main. It's fairly common.

Off topic:
I dueled a Feral Druid yesterday, and within... ~5 GCDs I was dead after he opened. Massive crits everywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
your gear is the issue, you simply don't have the time to build distance on a feral because your dead.

and if anything hunters have the best counter to feral movement speed in frost trap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Step 1: Roll KFC
Step 2: Train Feral all !@#$ing game
Step 4: Profit

You can skip right over step 3 'cause lolkfc.

If we didn't have our mobility I would be dead vs damn near EVERY KFC we fought last night, all they have to do is let their healer play near a pillar while trying to force us to play in the open; if I didn't have my mobility I wouldn't be able to get back to my pillar to line when CDs are popped every minute and I get knocked to a third of my health.

So yeah, we have uptime but our cooldowns can be and should be easily peeled by any class with a stun or fear. It's not like the big red armored kitty doesn't give you a giant heads up or anything.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Scare beast.

But besides that, ferals counter hunters so you must deal with them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/04/2013 11:37 AMPosted by Kalse
Step 1: Roll KFC

Could have stopped there, pretty much sums it up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]