Grand Empress: 1 add phase = dps?

90 Draenei Priest
Any 10 man (regular) guilds out there have logs with a kill of Empress where you only get 1 add phase?

I did the math but it seems low.
70% of 196M heatlh, over 5 (150 seconds * 2) mins with 5 dps... I got 60K avg sustained.
Felt light to me.

Anyone got the number?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Here is our latest kill:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-97ma1tkog6w8m1et/dashboard/?s=8135&e=8670

We get her down to about 60% before the add phase starts (with no lust).
Edited by Gorsh on 2/4/2013 2:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't forget about tank dps... so divide that by 6 (assume both tank add up to a dps-er)... but ya, it's very light...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Thanks.
Looks like we will be on par for this.
This is the first reset week on her.
Last week we cleared Ambershaper, and just messed around on Empress (working with the Fields and debuffs).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4v3c7yzplatfvlqr/analyze/dd/source/?s=855&e=1335

We usually get her sub 50%, and lust so we only get one round of Dissonance fields before the 30% transition.

Never, ever, ever, had a second add phase.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
fwiw, be aware that the priority is retreat > phase transition - once she's below about 4-5 energy, she will retreat even if you push her sub 30%.

The things you learn when you try to 0 phase her, heh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
The things you learn when you try to 0 phase her, heh.

lol... yeah baby steps ;p
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
There's also the green AIDS debuff the tanks get to increase your dps in the "second" phase 1 by a significant amount, because a certain tank likes to force transitions quicker due to reckless-bursting all the windblades in 8 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
It's all about killing most of the adds, but keeping enough up not to push phase.

I heal the fight so I'm locked in on vhodu most of the time. For one add phase we pop hero as she comes right out of that first add phase.

Be on your !@#$ when it comes to making traps. Demo locks and hunters are good at that. Resto Druids following the initial damage of adds are good to. Designate a marker so you know where to drop them. That way your not running around with your heads cut off.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Don't forget after the add phase your tank should be spreading the poison buff to people, so the DPS check for 1 add phase is even easier
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]