Dual Wield Unholy and Dual Wield Blood

90 Human Death Knight
Wolvigar. You have a knack at making us look bad. What happened to that extensive knowledge you were claiming to have before you put me on ignore for telling you Razorice shouldn't be used for 2h Frost?

Edit: The fact that this thread has been posted again for the thousandth time really says something to me...
Edited by Xàvek on 2/6/2013 6:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

No, it would not, because Cinderglacier sucks compared to FC. Having two and stacking weak mastery on top of it doesn't make a difference.

Mastery for Unholy DK's is increased Shadow damage, though. Blood Plague, Death Coil, Blood Boil, and Death and Decay deal pure shadow damage. Soul Reaper and Scourge Strike deal partial shadow damage, too. So in that case, dual-wielding with double Cinderglacier and stacking mastery would definitely increase the damage output of those, wouldn't it?

I just lost my mind.

Just to make a note, I have already tried to go over this with Wolvigar folks. He will find anymeans to argue why RotFC is not superior etc etc to whatever his idea is. Incoming.
Edited by Xàvek on 2/6/2013 6:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
99 Undead Warlock
lol ofc the worgen asks a stupid question and pursues it
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/06/2013 06:48 AMPosted by Avak

Yeah, it's not like people who play any other race tend to ask equally stupid questions.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
02/06/2013 07:17 AMPosted by Grimtale

Yeah, it's not like people who play any other race tend to ask equally stupid questions.

I think it's just that Worgen DKs have a particularly bad reputation due to being a fairly popular combination. For min-maxers, Worgen arguably have the strongest racials Alliance-side, with Humans (EMFH, Diplomacy, and weapon specialization) and Draenei (GotN and Heroic Presence) being the only real competition without rolling Horde. For roleplayers, Worgen ferocity plus Death Knight ferocity makes for a dirt-simple character concept.

It's like Night Elf hunters back in Vanilla. Popular combos attract bad and good player alike, and it's much easier for a bad player to stand out with their badness. A good player has to be amazing to attract the same level of attention.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think it's just that Worgen DKs have a particularly bad reputation due to being a fairly popular combination. For min-maxers, Worgen arguably have the strongest racials Alliance-side, with Humans (EMFH, Diplomacy, and weapon specialization) and Draenei (GotN and Heroic Presence) being the only real competition without rolling Horde. For roleplayers, Worgen ferocity plus Death Knight ferocity makes for a dirt-simple character concept.

It's like Night Elf hunters back in Vanilla. Popular combos attract bad and good player alike, and it's much easier for a bad player to stand out with their badness. A good player has to be amazing to attract the same level of attention.

I'm not sure I really agree with that because there are other factors. People tend to gravitate towards races that they can put themselves in the shoes of. This usually excludes monster-type races (Orcs, Tauren, Forsaken, Worgen) and you can easily see why races like Elves and Humans are far more played.

Worgen aren't really that popular. They're only slightly above Draenei as a most often played race and woefully under Elves and Humans by a good mile. I think this more stems from the popularity of reviling the race rather than genuine player perception. It's like if I came in a thread and some Undead Rogue was posting idiotic statements. I wouldn't be saying "Of course an Undead would post something so stupid" because that would just be generalizing.

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

I understand this method of figuring out the most played races isn't the most accurate, but it's all we have to determine what's popular and what's not.
Edited by Grimtale on 2/6/2013 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
for a reference,during pre mop patch there was a glitch that made blood dks using 1h have a 100% chance to get scent of blood each swing.and with two swords that is 2 scent of bloods every half sec or full second.it got hotfixed but it used to make blood survivalbility somewhat mangeable as blood.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3qi05XNdY1ruoy68o1_500.gif
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I wish that blizzard would do something about this. And by something, I mean the following:

1. Redo the torture quest in starter zone to not use dual wield.
2. Remove dual wield from death knights. Then make dual wield a frost specialization only ability (tack it on to threat of thausarian).

It would reduce headaches in the forums and in game random groups.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
@ OP
This is really easy to work out. Buy a 463 2 hander, then buy 2 463 1 handers (klaxxi qm sells them). Go to acherus, put any runeforge you like on them. Try to standardise your tests as much as possible, but I can guarantee which is better will be appart very quickly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]