Raiding is too hard and time consuming

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Monk
why is it everyone who likes a challenge in this game and is even remotely good at their class gets this label pushed on them?

it's a !@#$ty double standard that people expect blizz to cater to the worst players while ignoring everyone else because they are 'elitist'.

I hope you can understand the difference between someone who is successful in raiding and someone who feels the need to insult others based on their skills in a video game.

I'm suprised you don't have "qt" at the end of your name.
90 Gnome Mage
Since I've never been able to find a raid guild that raids at times I can live with, I expect to be a LFR Commando once I get the appropriate ilevel.

It sounds to me like the OP wants to eat her cake while saving it for the future, tho, & I'm not interested in raids being turned into "get in, get loot, get out."
90 Tauren Druid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHH1TDXIHS0

81 Attempts later...

Grats :) And also grats on the ones later. So satisfying when you get it.

Our amber shaper heroic kill took us a week and a half to down (6 days roughly of 4 hours or so) and one of our raiders nerd screamed so loud it was worth it just for that. (that and the preceding conversation during p1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx36Lkx2hjo If you're interested in the weirdness. Good luck with the rest too.

Still to the OP, people are different. You might find normal too hard, but some of us who cleared it on week 1 or 2 find it too easy and simple. Some people who clear it now find it an appropriate challenge for their skill level. It's designed that way.

If you feel it takes too long or that it's too hard, you might want to re-evaluate, as others have said, whether raiding in a guild group is for you.

02/05/2013 03:48 AMPosted by Alphadruid
Quoted for truth.

Agreed. DS was a stupid raid.... laughably easy until you hit the brick wall that was H spine of deathwing and then you beat your head against that. Then breezed through H madness. Was a terrible raid tier. Firelands was fine until they hit it with the nerf nuke.
Edited by Waraila on 2/5/2013 7:55 AM PST
90 Dwarf Death Knight
So this was a serious post? Oh... Umm...
90 Human Warlock
Has anyone checked the nintendo forums to see if people are on there qq'ing that they can't get past the lvl 2 spike trap and can't see all the content / power-ups and why did they buy tis game in the first place if they can't see it all and get all of the power-ups?

Really, Super Mario World 47 needs a button to press that will automatically show every part of every level and give me all of the power-ups before making me invincible (this includes falling down holes) so that I can walk through it at my leisure.

All video games should have this.
90 Human Warlock
Really though, this raid tier is perfect in difficulty. It's not too hard at all on normal, if you can't clear it you are clearly carrying too many bad players.

My only complaint would be that the first three bosses in terrace normal are a little too easy.
Community Manager
02/04/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Azria
Like why do I have to sit around in normals for 3 months wiping 8 hours a week to get anywhere? It was cool to release 3 raids, but whats the point if you're gonna make them so hard no one will even get to the second one before next tier? I thought normals were supposed to be easy and hms were supposed to be the hard raids? Wiping isn't fun... bring back DS difficulty. That was perfect for normals, people could actually do them in a respectable amount of time.

I can commiserate with your feelings, but the best thing you can do is share with us specifically what encounters or issues you're having. It may be something we may need to look at and address on our end, or it may be something that other players can give you additional insight on to make the encounters seem less difficult for you.

As I see it, these are the things that could be affecting how you and your Raid team are performing:

• You've found a bug or an imbalance in an encounter that's causing you issues.
  • Your Raid team may not be using solid achievable tactics to approach the encounters and may need to refine them more.
  • Members of your Raid team may not have the most appropriate gear for the encounters. which can cause additional burden on other members who do have appropriate gear.
  • Members of the Raid team may need to change spell rotations or even talent options for specific encounters
  • Again, I think by citing specific issues and problems, you may find better success in overcoming them.
    90 Night Elf Druid
    I cant even think of a normal mode that people would wipe on

I raided wensday and thursday from 10:30pm-12am and managed to clear normals in 2 weeks
    I think people spend more time on the toilet every week then i spent raiding at the time

You're not really helping the stereotype that hardcore gamers are self-centered jerks that lack social aptitude.

A basic human skill is being able to see thing from another person's perspective. I'm just warning you, you may actually be a walrus.
    90 Blood Elf Hunter
    I personally love the Challenge the new raids are bringing. I do admit I did literally get happy when we finally downed Elegon. That has now became my favorite boss fight of the new expansion.
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Dragon Soul was honestly a joke in terms of difficulty.

Sorta cool, but just a joke.

Sounds like your raid group just sucks. Find a new one.
    Really? a blue fell for this low lvl alt troll attempted at pretending to be upset about raid difficulty... The obvious wording of the OP and replies were meant to insite discust from raid minded players. Not being able to "understand" the need for a challenge is the sole reason the OP is without a doubt just trying to create controversy....and has won. gratz
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    02/05/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Azria
    I'm sorry but that's not my idea of fun at all. Wiping 81 times? That would make me disconnect my internet and pretend I dc'd. I never feel accomplished after killing a hard boss, I just feel like "thank god I never have to do that again and we can farm him" it's just a pixelated monster, I don't see what's so epic about killing it. I play for gear upgrades and achievements. I'd rather just get in, get my stuff, and get out. farming is fun for me.

How many times did Vodka / BL / Paragon wipe on heroic Rag?

I remember it look the first down something like 150 wipes in. And these guys are the top tiers.
    90 Undead Death Knight
    02/05/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Kyà
    I would rather be mediocre than some elitist jerk full of hubris, i.e., the person below me.

why is it everyone who likes a challenge in this game and is even remotely good at their class gets this label pushed on them?

it's a !@#$ty double standard that people expect blizz to cater to the worst players while ignoring everyone else because they are 'elitist'.

They're "elitist" because they're acting like a-holes towards somebody who may have a harder time with something. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with them being good.

Read that a few times until it sinks in, k?
    02/05/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Moistqt
    hardcore gamers

Lol, now were just using terms that dont fit.
    I raid 2 hours a night 2 nights a week,People spend longer waiting for LFR queues and wipes.

i was unaware that was "hardcore".
    I was under the impression hardcore was a 5 day week 4 hours a night that was always on wow.

It sounds like your one of those "Rolling in LFG IS NINJAING ZOMG" type people

I'm just warning you, you may actually be a walrus.

Because i can play two days a week and clear 5 times as many bosses as your 3 day 12 hour week guild can?;) im just warning you, you might be jelous.

LOL, jealousy over a video game? You have to be kidding right?
    90 Goblin Priest
    I'm not super progressed, but although I can empathize with frustration if you're stuck, I'd really prefer they didn't make raids Dragon Soul difficulty.

A little history.

I'm not a super aggressive or competitive player, and I don't deal well with conflict. For this reason, I was actively AFRAID of raiding during Cataclysm and Lich King. Towards the end of Cataclysm, I finally said, 'What the hey' and tried Dragon Soul.

I felt absolutely nothing when I defeated the first handful of bosses in one shot. There wasn't really any work I put in. I'd never done them before, or really watched the videos. I felt no accomplishment whatsoever.

I didn't jump straight to 90 when Mists of Pandaria launched. I took my time, and again, I kind of kept my distance from raiding for a little while, but I did end up trying it again. My first raid group died a dozen times to the Stone Guard for various reasons from tank lag to the fact that about half our group was PUGged. With that said, when we got it down? There might not've been anything for me on that corpse, but I was rather happy.

TL;DR: I'm what a lot of people might call a casual. I'm not an epic player who downs Heroic modes for breakfast. I also really, really don't want to see raids nerfed.
    90 Pandaren Monk
    Please blizz.... Please don't make anything like DS again... PLEASE.
    90 Undead Death Knight
    02/05/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Alpharuff

Lol, now were just using terms that dont fit.
    I raid 2 hours a night 2 nights a week,People spend longer waiting for LFR queues and wipes.

i was unaware that was "hardcore".
    I was under the impression hardcore was a 5 day week 4 hours a night that was always on wow.

It sounds like your one of those "Rolling in LFG IS NINJAING ZOMG" type people

Because i can play two days a week and clear 5 times as many bosses as your 3 day 12 hour week guild can?;) im just warning you, you might be jelous.

LOL, jealousy over a video game? You have to be kidding right?

I laughed, too.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]