Totems as Spells.

100 Pandaren Shaman
02/07/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Velayn
You can't keep your trinket forever as a shaman because of blanket silences preventing you from linking or HTT to save your teammates. Yet you can die if you don't trinket the shockwave or the deep, or the full trap if your Priest is cc'd and can't mass dispel it, and that is of course, assuming you run with a Priest in your team.

No, but implying shamans were the only class that can get cc'd when they pop a cooldown is entirely inaccurate.

02/07/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Velayn
Instagib is not generous, nearly any class can hit for 40k or sometimes below depending on the shamans health pool in one ability on something that has no resilience such as a totem.

02/07/2013 08:34 AMPosted by Gistwiki
When you said healers can instagib it, you were implying that healers have an instant-cast spell that can hit for 40k. I don't know monks as well as I should so I couldn't say for them, but beyond that the only think I can think of that'd actually hit totems for that much as an instant cast coming from a healer is MAYBE holy shock.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think a nice fix would for silences for all specs of shaman would be something along the lines of "Totems with a base cooldown of x amount of seconds or less are not affected by silence." This way you could still pop maybe HST or SBT while silenced and get at least some absorbs or minor healing going on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/07/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Rude
You can't keep your trinket forever as a shaman because of blanket silences preventing you from linking or HTT to save your teammates. Yet you can die if you don't trinket the shockwave or the deep, or the full trap if your Priest is cc'd and can't mass dispel it, and that is of course, assuming you run with a Priest in your team.

No, but implying shamans were the only class that can get cc'd when they pop a cooldown is entirely inaccurate.

It's not completely inaccurate. Paladins get cc'd during wings? Ok, an instant, and then another instant and they are topped, or their teammate is topped.

Shaman gets cc'd during cooldowns? He has to hardcast to top his team, making him completely vulnerable to interrupts, if they don't die in the cast time.

Shaman gets shockwaved, dropped to 10 if he doesnt trinket, paladin can bubble, monk gets a free lolyoucanthitme, priests can fearbomb immediately after.

The issue is not just the totems, but the totems being exactly the straw that completely wrecks the class unless your a god like cdew.

nevershock got rank 1 on shaman twice, and he rerolled paladin because shaman are such a struggle in comparison.

Shaman NEEDED to be able to totem to survive. With this logic of the totem nerf, then a blanket should prevent bubble, not just a lockout. Shaman need HTT to its full effect to keep his team up effectively after a cc chain, you are all putting arguments that SOUND good on paper, but your neglecting what the ladders look like right now, and the rampant cc chains that are all instant right now, to top it off, most of your arguments have no experience to back it up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thoughts?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
It is inaccurate. Shamans have instants, and AS to make a GHW instant. Oh should they not bank on saving it? That's not unlike a paladin banking Holy Power for a WoG that actually heals for something. I'm not saying the silence nerf was warranted but all this crying about the class is annoying (whining that for 3 days buried this thread beneath my notice). If Nevershock can reroll, why can't anyone else? Ain't hard.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/11/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Rude
It is inaccurate. Shamans have instants, and AS to make a GHW instant. Oh should they not bank on saving it? That's not unlike a paladin banking Holy Power for a WoG that actually heals for something. I'm not saying the silence nerf was warranted but all this crying about the class is annoying (whining that for 3 days buried this thread beneath my notice). If Nevershock can reroll, why can't anyone else? Ain't hard.

When the totem nerf was introduced, nothing was buffed, and they also nerfed the cd of NS for shamans.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I would like to see HTT have resil and more health. And I would be fine with shamans tbh. I just hate HTT currently against any good team.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/06/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Sâvage
a totem a macro will auto switch to and kill
can you share with us your macro?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/11/2013 05:06 PMPosted by Shamantra
a totem a macro will auto switch to and kill
can you share with us your macro?

mouseover
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/11/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Velayn
mouseover
Meh, mouseover macros doesn't help you kill the totem faster in any way (i know that you know this, Velayn, i am saying to Sâvage). The point of mouseover macros is to allow you to return to your target faster. If you are attacking someone and you use a mouseover macro to kill a totem the only advantage is that you will return attacking that person a bit faster (because you didn't need to de-target that person) then without such a macro, but the time to kill the totem will be exactly the same.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Bumping this because it deserves attention
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Hey now, we have Glyph of Totemic Vigor, so no reason to complain about other healers killing our totems in one hit, and by totems I mean cooldowns
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
That glyph is garbage lol, AMG 8K MORE HEALTH
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
02/18/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Velayn
That glyph is garbage lol, AMG 8K MORE HEALTH

Sadly, it is. All my totems still get one-shot.

BTW: Totemic Restoration is the best talent evar.

You killed my HTT 4 seconds after a dropped it? Oh well, I still got 3 ticks off it, and it'll be back up in 2 minutes now!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/11/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Rude

Our instants are our totems. 1 insta GHW isn't going to keep you going for long. Would be cool if they took unleash elements off GCD just a lot of times after that silence you have barely a second to heal.

On the topic...maybe if they gave shammies some kind of stun protection, just like every other healer..barkskin, bubble, dematerialize, pain suppression...we wouldn't need to use our trinket on those and could save them for silences.
Edited by Reflëct on 2/18/2013 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/18/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Reflëct

Our instants are our totems. 1 insta GHW isn't going to keep you going for long. Would be cool if they took unleash elements off GCD just a lot of times after that silence you have barely a second to heal.

On the topic...maybe if they gave shammies some kind of stun protection, just like every other healer..barkskin, bubble, dematerialize, pain suppression...we wouldn't need to use our trinket on those and could save them for silences.

^^^
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Bump, more discussion please!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/21/2013 07:04 PMPosted by Yeps
I don't get it... If Shaman is so squishy and easily killed like you all seem to be saying then why do Resto shamans make up the highest % of top arena healers?

Representation doesn't equate to squishiness at all.
Those shamans are playing with rank 1s or gladiators.

The fact that the class as a whole, has no protections that other classes have, is simply bull!@#$.
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Shaman
I want to first start with, if I am wrong, please correct me, but not in a un-professional manner.
Priest, that i know of, can holy fire(holy) and as disc, they "can" penance, and the totem is gone.
Paladin, Holy shock hits for quite a bit, but I could be wrong, they can also judgment, I believe it can take out a totem.
I am not very clear on monks, can someone explain that aspect to me.
Druids, if i remember correctly can still sunbeam spam, and the totem is dead within a few gcd's.
Granted, I might be wrong on most aspects, but I do believe I have said something that every healer could do to prevent the totem(not just HTT, but our "situation" totems)

I also want to note, our defensive cooldown's that Provide a damage reduction is, 1. Astral shift, that you talent for. 2. The channel from the earth elemental(granted, a full 1 min damage reduction, but also remember the whole.. kill totem or cc the elemental, no issue aspect as well) Keep in mind, that is also a talent, if you take it. 3. SLT for a whopping 10% damage reduction, provided its not much, but it also is not what we use it for.
So, I would like to recap our damage reductions, two of them are a talent, and one is a totem that we should never use for a damage reduction aspect(whole low life aspect as well.)

As for ascendance, silence, poly, stun, root/range(kinda going far on that one aswell) and it is a wasted cooldown, so Thanks a lot blizzard for the pvp aspect of ascendance(note, mostly a pve player, so love ascendance in a pve environment)

As for our totems, I encounter this mostly with my earth elemental, and once in raid. But, earth elemental out, because focused by everyone, then fear, natural instinct is a, trink, on cd, b. tremor. Pop tremor to get out, ooh wait.. no longer get a damage reduction that is on a 5 min cd, along with a talent point, two if you get the cooldown reduction, but optimal results, 30 seconds or less and you only cut the cooldown in half. As for the raiding aspect, storm lash down during burn phase, and then two seconds later, raid leader call for slt. stormlash mostly wasted because it is a air totem, and then put on a 5min cd.

Before I continue, I want people to comment and correct me please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]