5.2 Glyph of the Battle Healer Ret pvp

90 Human Monk
Check it out guys.

"We're making a change to the way damage-to-healing conversions work so that the healing is not affected by resilience. The healing will be based on how much damage would have been done as if the target had no resilience. If you hit an opponent for 10K and have a mechanic that converts damage into 50% healing, your hit may land for 6K because of resilience, but the heal will still be 5K (50% of the unmitigated damage). This only applies to resilience, not to armor, Shield Wall or other forms of damage reduction."

Could work out for some decent healing, especially during burst.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It already does!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/07/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Cayse
It already does!

Oh my god, they're eating her... And then they're going to eat me! Noooooooo.

Well I feel like a right fool, since when did that change?
Reply Quote
Cool! I misread the paladin patch notes thinking it said 'Battle Healer' instead of 'Blessed Life', but this works even better. One scenario where this would be especially useful is:

I'm in 2s with a very well geared healer. Two warriors burst and start attacking the healer, but they are completely ignoring me. I switch to SoI, cast HoS on the healer, start attacking one of the warriors, and so the healer survives the combined burst thanks to our teamwork.

Of course, this is assuming I am not underestimating warrior burst damage... which I probably am... o.O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Pàndá
Oh my god, they're eating her... And then they're going to eat me

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/07/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Invincible
Is this good for us...? Or just blood dks?

It could be good for us, definitely. Imagine that a full 30% of our damage is being parceled off to our team mates as healing (barring SoT damage), especially during burst. It might also be increased by the 5% healing bonus of SoI, and then we're healing our selves when we attack as well! We'll have to see how it plays out. Triple DPS is comin' back baby.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Pàndá
It already does!

That's why you should always carry around a double decker bologna sandwich on you. You never know when trolls might try to eat you...
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/07/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Factor

That's why you should always carry around a double decker bologna sandwich on you. You never know when trolls might try to eat you...

I always walk around with a few sandwiches stuffed down my pants. It feels nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I always walk around with a few sandwiches stuffed down my pants. It feels nice.

LOL
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There are a couple things I wanted to point out. First, it only works for our melee attacks (per the tooltip). So when you say 30% of our damage, that's not true at all. It's 30% of TV, melee, CS and maybe judgment? I know you can cast judgment while silenced, but I think it's ranged, not melee. It could affect mastery damage since that's tacked on to melee, but I haven't tested extensively.

I actually just tried this today and it seemed to work somewhat. There are some ancillary effects already mentioned like 5% more healing on WoG and FoL. I wish it added a damage component to the seal, but you can't have everything I guess. It also gives you a steady stream of little heals in the 4k range which help you survive when getting focussed.

All in all, I think it makes seal twisting more interesting. Right now SoJ isn't that useful, nor is righteousness in PvP, but I like the idea of swapping to SoT when bursting and then moving to SoI to help heal. Seems to fit out utility + strong burst damage + low sustained damage model.

edit: I also wanted to add that Blizz should make it 30% of all of our damage. That plus allowing ret to cleanse magic, maybe on a 30s cooldown, would help in 3v3 tremendously.
Edited by Varaben on 2/10/2013 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Pàndá
Triple DPS is comin' back baby.

Why would you want that no skill crap trip derps to come back? That triple DPS mentality is exactly what this whole season has turned into--no skill. Literally everything I learned last season where you LoS and play defensive and crap I had to unlearn this season in order to get 2.2k in 3v3. You literally have to turn your brain off to be successful in PVP this season. Zerg the resto shaman, pop all CD's, freedom yourself and your partner, BoP yourself and your other dps partner out of warrior fear, trinket warbringer, shaman dead = stupid mentality, but only way to get anywhere.

Stupid mentality. Stupid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]