Aoe component for enhance ascendance too?

90 Troll Shaman
Elemental's ascendance can be used in both situation why can't enhance get chain lightning with not cd and instant during ascendance, or no cap on how many targets lavalash spreads flameshock on to for the duration.

I only ask be cause our normal aoe is not fun at all
Edited by Zinjan on 2/7/2013 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
our normal aoe might suck, but thats because all aoe is boring and sucks. Id say our aoe is more fun than some channel.

It probably doesnt have an aoe added because we can still aoe during out single target rotation. therefore if they gave us instant chain lightnings then we would just add that to our rotation on single target as well and flameshock going on ever target would probably make fire nova the best aoe in game when used with ascendence. and again it would be used with out normal rotation, would be too big of a dmg increase.

now maybe if they made stormblast share damage with nearby targets and apply stormstrike to them all, or something like that. but then there would be a problem with sometimes aoeing something you didnt want to and just weakening your burst on the boss.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
More fun? Ehhh more of a pain imo.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Either way enhance aoe is worthless on anything with less that 600k hp because it takes so long to set up, everyone else kills everything. Its not fun and in fights like Lei Shi I feel useless when she hides and all i can do is put down Magma totem with its worthless 2k dmg. Maybe if magma totem have us searing flames also it might be worth putting down.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
enhance shaman does have a problem with aoe because it requires applying a dot after unleashing elements that does initial damage, and a nuke combined with melee and passive damageing abilitys, often times killing the primary target before spreading dots, which on an aoe fight with below average health would probably only produce one fire nova if lucky.

also since this thread is about ascendance, enhance need the use of lava lash in addition to melee and stormstrike from a distance while this ability is up.

I wouldn't mind the duration increased to 25 seconds as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
AoE situations you don't (well you do, you shouldn't is more applicable) unleash before the flame shock, but do it before the nova. IE FS LL UE FN.

Or to go into more detail from totem spot:

Magma Totem (If less than 5 targets, leave your Searing Totem up)
Flame Shock (Not active on the primary/any [They should always have the same duration] targets)
Lava Lash (Flame Shock is active on your primary target)
Fire Nova
Maelstrom Weapon x5 -> Chain Lightning (3+ targets)
Unleash Elements (Only before a Fire Nova, NEVER before a Flame Shock)**
Stormstrike (Applies the debuff for Chain Lightning, assuming it isn’t already present
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
in practice, enh AoE flows pretty well. It's just the two basic issues we've had since T12:

-It's anti low-hp adds.
-Magma totem is useless.

That said, I think enh asc does enough burst to not need an aoe component, but I wouldn't complain if I saw one. I'd be worried about it lowering our sustained AoE damage/cleave outside of it though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
AoE situations you don't (well you do, you shouldn't is more applicable) unleash before the flame shock, but do it before the nova. IE FS LL UE FN.

Or to go into more detail from totem spot:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7005435020

If targets will survive long enough to take all duration of flame shock, it is better to buff flame shock instead of fire nova except if you have more than 8 targets. (cata numbers)
Edited by Shamantra on 2/8/2013 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So much misinformation in this thread.

02/07/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Koreche
our normal aoe might suck

Wrong.

02/08/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Zinjan
Either way enhance aoe is worthless on anything with less that 600k hp because it takes so long to set up,

...You mean 2 GCDs?

02/08/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Zinjan
Maybe if magma totem have us searing flames also it might be worth putting down.

It's already worth putting down if there are 5+ targets.

02/08/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Tehrealemcee
enhance shaman does have a problem with aoe because it requires applying a dot after unleashing elements that does initial damage

Wrong.

02/08/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Tehrealemcee
I wouldn't mind the duration increased to 25 seconds as well.

What the #@!% are you smoking? Seriously?

02/08/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Zerovii
-Magma totem is useless.

Also wrong. 5+ targets.

02/08/2013 07:48 PMPosted by Shamantra
If targets will survive long enough to take all duration of flame shock, it is better to buff flame shock instead of fire nova except if you have more than 8 targets. (cata numbers)

Eh, cut Lif some slack. He's quoting something I posted on Totemspot that I need to go in and change. Back during the writing of the guide there was prospective thoughts as to whether or not Flame Shock unleashing would be better than Fire Nova unleashing assuming a glyphed Flame Shock with it being able to tick for the full duration.

That's actually what the two asterisks are for in his quote, it was supposed to lead on into that explanation (Which was originally at the time, labeled as a 'developer note,' which meant when it came to the transfer from the private forum to the public forum that it didn't go with it :<).

My bad. I will get to clarifying an edit on Totemspot shortly.
Edited by Platform on 2/8/2013 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/08/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Platform
Also wrong. 5+ targets.

Just because it's better numerically, doesn't mean it isn't useless garbage in totem form. It is the lowest damage component of our AoE while a majority of it comes from FLS/FN.

It's completely boring, it's a trap leading to a dps loss to anyone that doesn't look up the class when a majority of these tricks have been removed from the game because people will assume either

A)Searing totem is always useful because of the SF buff
or
B)Magma totem should be used on >2 targets because hey, it's AoE, I need AoE.
Edited by Zerovii on 2/8/2013 10:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/08/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Zerovii
Just because it's better numerically, doesn't mean it isn't useless garbage in totem form. It is the lowest damage component of our AoE while a majority of it comes from FLS/FN.

And that's a good thing that the majority of it comes from Flame Shock and FN. That being said, on a fight like Wind Lord (Using World of Logs comparisons), it's easily doing 3x the DPS of Searing Totem (I'm talking about active damage here, outside of recklessness, if you were to just leave Searing Totem down vs. Magma Totem. The discrepancy would also obviously be just a 'little' smaller because of Searing Flames) just from pulsing alone. It's strong. I mean, what more do you want? Do you actually want it to compete with Flame Shock and/or FN? That's stupid. It's not at the point where it's beyond broken of an AoE totem, but at the same time it's not worthless either. It's at that sweet spot in the middle.

It's completely boring, it's a trap leading to a dps loss to anyone that doesn't look up the class

Is this supposed to be a surprise? Proper Magma Totem usage is the least of someone's worries if they don't look up proper Enhancement spec mechanics.

A)Searing totem is always useful because of the SF buff

Yet still a DPS loss in an AoE scenario of 5+ targets.

B)Magma totem should be used on >2 targets because hey, it's AoE, I need AoE.

2 Targets is not AoE. That's cleave. Even 3 targets is cleave. >4 I would start to classify that as AoE. Regardless, I don't even think there is a legitimate AoE concern this tier of less than 5 targets on any boss fight (The closest I can get to that would be H Will, and that's completely strat dependent on how you choose to handle the rages). Actually, there is Grand Empress which during the 10 man transition has four targets per side, but only 3 actually really need to be worried about--making this more of a 'cleave' situation than an AoE one--making it apples and oranges to the discussion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]