lack of decent healers?

90 Troll Druid
Not sure if its just my server but seems to be a lack of decent healers at the normal raid level and up.

My guild is really having trouble finding that second healer to go along with our Monk who just pretty much destroys everyone she is paired up with.
Edited by Karmá on 2/7/2013 4:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Because monks are awesome.

But seriously, I don't know what's up with that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Good healers are always hard to find.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
That might be the problem, the healer you have maybe good and then you guys just bag out the other, Then they just leave. I have also healed ( not saying i'm any good ) but at end they question why you healing was low. Just look at the overheals, it is easy to smash a high HPS but then look at the 70% over heal that goes with it.

Also i found a lot of the time we get players wanting get back into healing after been away from it, first thing that happeneds if thing go wrong is ( bloody healers are crap...bla bla sh!t go your useless ....bla bla... ) They they just stop and remember why they gave up healing in the first place. Then players come on and wonder why there is a shortage of healers.

The best bet i found is if you next healer is under par, slow things down and help out with tips and keep going, you never know they may just surprise you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Have you tried offering cookies?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
lol cookies dont seem to be working
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
This always seems to happen about 4-6 months into an expansion.

My theory is simple - healer burnout. It's worse than it is for dps - and tanks are not in shortage for raids. So you've got a few healers that are heavily depended on, then comes the burnout that is simply part of being a healer. Some of those people leave, the rest prefer to play on their dps char - and you've got a healer shortage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

My theory is simple - healer burnout. It's worse than it is for dps - and tanks are not in shortage for raids. So you've got a few healers that are heavily depended on, then comes the burnout that is simply part of being a healer. Some of those people leave, the rest prefer to play on their dps char - and you've got a healer shortage.

I figured that this late into the tier, it would just be that most of the healers that are worth having are already in a raid team.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest

I figured that this late into the tier, it would just be that most of the healers that are worth having are already in a raid team.

There's that too. Healing is one of those things that is very dependent on who you group with.

Better to stay with a group you know and trust. Healers are like cats - treat us well, we'll stay and purr. Don't treat us well - and we'll wander off and there's not much you can do about it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Not sure if its just my server but seem s to be a lack of decent healers at the normal raid level and up.

My guild is really having trouble finding that second healer to go along with our Monk who just pretty much destroys everyone she is paired up with.

It's every server. It's not due to healing being "Difficult" or anything of the sort - It's everything to do with such a small pool to base your claim off of.

If I were to take a group of 10 random DPS from Orgrimmar, how many do you think would actually be "good"? Not a majority, that's for sure.

The probably with healers is that there is hardly any incentive to playing one, aside from a free raid spot. They don't receive any benefits outside of that raid spot. The gear doesn't really come any quicker with the homogenization of stats across the DPS/Healers, You're handicapped for anything outside of groups and raids, and frankly, it's just not fun to look at bars, which has been a problem since TBC.

Healing and Tanking are essentially for PvE. DPS is for everything. That's your problem.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
02/07/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Wheeler
Healing and Tanking are essentially for PvE. DPS is for everything. That's your problem.

Yeah, I love being a healer... but I'm also practical.

It just makes more tactical sense to run raids on my DPS toon than my healer - because after the raid, really only my DPS will have improved. With so much focus on dailies/etc now - it really matters a great deal how you perform outside raids... and it's always been the case that DPS scales better for farming/dailies than healing does.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Vox
Not sure if its just my server but seem s to be a lack of decent healers at the normal raid level and up.

I stopped raiding during DS. I don't have any interest in raiding anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Healers Unite! lol the one thing that Bothers me is People expect you to also have a dps offspec aswell.
Edited by Karmá on 2/7/2013 4:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hey.. I did resto spec in Brawlers Guild...
HA!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
ITS GONNA BE OK.......
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/07/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Appletree
ITS GONNA BE OK.......

BECAUSE APPLEE IS HERE NOW
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
lol hi apple
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/07/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Karmá
Healers Unite! lol the one thing that Bothers me is People expect you to also have a dps offspec aswell.

This.

I can heal ok....DPS...not so much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/08/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Freyline

This.

I can heal ok....DPS...not so much.

Lol I agree with both of you. Every once in awhile I get asked to DPS on my priest in a random raid I didn't sign up for.

"Hey, mate, your DPS is pretty bad."

"OH, REALLY?"
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I don't pug - even LFR - if it can be avoided.

Let's do a VP count. MSV - 6 bosses, HoF - 6 bosses, ToES - 4 bosses. Total 16 bosses. 16 bosses x 40 VP per boss = 640 VP. Need 360 VP from non-raid activities. As a healer, you can get groups for dungeons. Carrying people through LFR just for valor does not appeal to me (and every LFR "strat" I've ever seen involves "stand in ever crap there is and just make the healers heal through it"). And then that leaves, literally boring things to death for scenarios and dailies.

When there is a raid tier that doesn't get significantly easier by having both holy and discipline specs, you can lecture me about dual spec. WTB a world where VP cap doesn't involve non-raid content. I thought that the VP was to fill gaps in RNG when RNG screws you. (Also WTB a world where there aren't item upgrades so that you can gear out of capping valor every week).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]