lack of decent healers?

90 Goblin Shaman
02/07/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Illucia
I figured that this late into the tier, it would just be that most of the healers that are worth having are already in a raid team.

Pretty much. I'm at the point in which I'm going to have to level up my third healer- just so people quit asking me if I have a healer that isn't saved. This one is committed to a 25 group, the priest is committed to 2 separate groups- my guild's and a friend of mines Monday runs.

Though, I'm also going to have to level up my hunter- I've been getting requests for dps. I've been getting asked a lot to do that lately.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For my guild, the tank / heals are always solid.

DPS, is always short. We never can find a DPS that doesn't
(A) stand in fire.
(B) can carry their weight
(C) shows up consistently and performs consistently.
(D) and is ranged because Blizz hates melee.

So, speaking in generals rarely works. Sorry your guild is short heals.... got any dps?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I think I have the opposite problem. I still love healing and raiding. But my third raiding guild just died, and I'm having trouble finding the motivation to start over with another guild. So I'm not burned out--it's just my guilds that are. :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been healing on my Paladin since I started really raiding in mid Wrath, and I am a great healer from what I've been told. It's just that I have been raiding with the same people since Wrath, and I would never leave them, no matter how far behind in content we are.

I think the problem is that most above-average healers have raid teams that they stick with for a long time, or are already in a good raid group this late into the tier. There are amazing healers out there (I've picked up a few, and lost a few this tier). Just keep looking! Area 52 is full of good players to even out with the bad players.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dps should at least try not to die. It may take some kiting or whatever or backing up or blowing cool downs, but noo- that could reduce my dps output and my bragging rights so you pathetic healers just need to keep up!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I love healing. It's the thing I've done in raids the most. I tend to do okay at others, yet healing is where I can have fun, and help decide an encounter. However i've given up at trying to find raid groups because they all tend to fall apart, and I can't find one to fit my schedule. When I go to college in fall, hopefully I can find a good group :3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Karmá
lol cookies dont seem to be working

pshhh where the !@#$ do i sign up! lol

i must note, i will also work for beer (besides Budweiser, screw that stuff)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm no where near ready for current Raiding content, but when I get here, I hope there are ample spots.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Not sure if its just my server but seems to be a lack of decent healers at the normal raid level and up.
My guild is really having trouble finding that second healer to go along with our Monk who just pretty much destroys everyone she is paired up with.

You're on a high pop, top progression realm. I really doubt your server is lacking decent healers.

Since your guild's progression is behind many of the others on your realm, it's going to be harder for you to attract anyone, especially the better healers that might have options for getting spots in guilds more progressed than yours. This might mean settling for a less skilled healer who will get better with some experience and gear. Considering the size of your guild, I'm surprised you don't have such a healer already in it and waiting to raid if you'd just give them the chance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing is all about rhythm.

You have to understand your team's rhythm. Sometimes it can take a few weeks, others it's quick.

Especially as a disc priest, knowing when people are going to take damage so you can pre cast...is very important.

However I find a lot of people have no clue how healing works and you're left with a group of angry dps and tanks screaming at you for not spamming Flash of Light and you're left going...what?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
This always seems to happen about 4-6 months into an expansion.

My theory is simple - healer burnout. It's worse than it is for dps - and tanks are not in shortage for raids. So you've got a few healers that are heavily depended on, then comes the burnout that is simply part of being a healer. Some of those people leave, the rest prefer to play on their dps char - and you've got a healer shortage.

Wow snowy, are you a healer? You've geared up quite a lot since I last saw you...:3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This always seems to happen about 4-6 months into an expansion.

My theory is simple - healer burnout. It's worse than it is for dps - and tanks are not in shortage for raids. So you've got a few healers that are heavily depended on, then comes the burnout that is simply part of being a healer. Some of those people leave, the rest prefer to play on their dps char - and you've got a healer shortage.

Yup. It's why I stopped healing. But I was usually paired with bad healers on my druid and ended up doing a lot of the work.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Not sure if its just my server but seems to be a lack of decent healers at the normal raid level and up.

My guild is really having trouble finding that second healer to go along with our Monk who just pretty much destroys everyone she is paired up with.

You're on a high pop, top progression realm. I really doubt your server is lacking decent healers.

Since your guild's progression is behind many of the others on your realm, it's going to be harder for you to attract anyone, especially the better healers that might have options for getting spots in guilds more progressed than yours. This might mean settling for a less skilled healer who will get better with some experience and gear. Considering the size of your guild, I'm surprised you don't have such a healer already in it and waiting to raid if you'd just give them the chance.

Frankly, this is probably the most accurate answer considering ur on area 52. There's healers there, you just haven't found them, and as the gnome says, it's probably related to your current progression. No offense, but if you offered me a raid spot right now, I wouldn't take it either. I seriously am in no mood to do progression on garalon or sha of fear when my current guild has those basically on farm.

Instead of waiting for some magical perfect healer to fall in your lap, I think ur gonna have to change your priorities. Rather than looking at their NUMBERS, check their attitude: are they enthusiastic? Do you think they will be dependable? Do they follow orders? Even if they aren't doing very well, do they acknowledge it, and can u seem them actively trying to improve? When the answers to these questions are yes, take that healer regardless the numbers because it will pay out in the long-term.

If you maintain a current strategy of just getting a pug and then hoping that pugger to be really good, then you'll probably need to KEEP waiting cause when you find a healer that's really good, that same healer probably has a pick of 2-3 potential teams they could join.

Just like less skilled players seek out lower ranked guilds that match their skill level better, u are going to have to be satisfied if less progressed or even fresh 90 healers with the hope that they will develop into something better.

Right now, I think you only look at recount to decide if a healer is good or not, and that's probably why you are having so much problem finding a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I love healing, but I shine in PvP versus PvE, although I always stay in the top 2 in heals on any raids I do decide to partake in. (Such as Sha of Anger)
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
02/08/2013 12:59 PMPosted by Eliil
Wow snowy, are you a healer? You've geared up quite a lot since I last saw you...:3

I've always been a healer.... although in truth my DK is more geared than me now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I too tried to recruit healers, even tried cookies. All I got was a bunch of no shows :/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Healing is a very thankless job if you expose yourself to PuGing.

It's fine in a guild run, you know everyone, you are comfortable with them and everyone knows what they are doing most of the time.

but PuG is just a miserable experience 9 times out of ten.

as such most good healers stick to guild runs.

Since my Guild is dead I will never heal again, that's why I dusted off my Lock. Leveled four characters to 90 so far and not one of them is my priest. She can sit quietly in Org helping Orphans and sewing thing with all the cloth I send her.

The most healing you will get out of me is a Healthstone and maybe a Soulorb Rez.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I keep having to heal for my guild...because everyone knows it's easier to pug and carry a warmbody DPS than a warmbody healer.

I love healing, don't get me wrong...

But I freakin' hate healing Heart of Fear.
Edited by Gerart on 2/8/2013 1:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I actually like healing. Maybe it's because I could never find that one DPS class that I loved. Probably explains why this toon is more geared than my hunter right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]